Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Official post by FD regarding recent database errors

Postby Nemetos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Think I made about 80k on the bug, selling a bunch of rares twice.

I was just below 1 mill, and it took me to just over a mill on my balance, but nothing registered on the stats.

I told them on my ticket to deduct it , but we will wait and see.

I wasn't in the Elite race to start with ... plod plod plod .. that's my style :roll:

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Nemetos wrote:Think I made about 80k on the bug, selling a bunch of rares twice.

I was just below 1 mill, and it took me to just over a mill on my balance, but nothing registered on the stats.

I told them on my ticket to deduct it , but we will wait and see.

I wasn't in the Elite race to start with ... plod plod plod .. that's my style :roll:

Yeah you should be fine. They have been fair with in game credit management thus far.

tigar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: tigar tar

Postby tigar » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:55 am

CMDR_COENEN wrote:
If something's too good to be true, it usually is.

I fear I have done 1 trade that could be treated as such. It was when I was near Azrael around the time the trading was really off because of the NPC's trading more stuff as the stations needed. You know, that what FD fixed at a certain time.

It happened I had a load of Imperial Slaves inside my Hauler or Adder. Right after they fixed the trading I sold these slaves and got 331.000 credits for this load. Pretty WOW and it's still my PR. I tried it again, got a load of new slaves from the same source, sold them at the "big money station". This time, prices were changed and I got a little less of 5k for the complete load. Later shipments were even less.

I never intended to exploit, I only realized what happened after reading about it on the official forum a few days later.

So, an exploit, bug or just extremely lucky?

So my tax advisor tells me.

What does your advisor tell you about trading in the Federation since the new taxes were implemented on January 1st? :)

see that right there is not an exploit that right there is a market fluctuations

remember the post i made in the other section about being able to fly between 2 stations in the same system trading 2 goods between them and making a profit of 11k(16 pieces in total) both ways every 2 minutes?
that was not an exploit that was supply and demand as 1 station had lost all of its tea and the other had lost all of its marine equiptment thus both prices sky rocketed for 2 days until enough players and npcs traded goods to lower the demand down to normal levels

stuff like that is whats meant to happen just like with your slave sale or other people's their ore sell

its when say you buy goods from a station and see that you can sell them to that station for say even 2 cr profit and that that profit keeps rising every time you sell it that you have found a bug and exploiting that is wrong but trading between stations and getting a one time big payment nothing wrong with that just means that that station was out of that particular product in your case slaves and demand was really high for it :)

so simple rule to follow if you do something and you know its an exploit and you abuse it well be prepared to be banned or set back :3

i seriously doubt fd will come along and take away the 500k you made from that sale as things like that those bargains are what everyone always hunts for when trading

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:16 pm

Update from FD for closure.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94161

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Progress Update - 07/01/2015
Hello Commanders,

I’m back again, but with a smaller update tonight – let’s get straight to it!

Bug Status

The usual assortment of server side fixes have been deployed today – nothing too specific to call out here. We’re still making progress with 1.04 for this week which does also include further server side updates – including some fixes for exploration! We’ll let you know when this rolls out. Otherwise, things seem stable and happy in “server land”.

The “Billionaires”

Firstly, I just want to clarify who I mean by the “Billionaires”. These are the very few commanders who received large amounts of credits due to a bug in our credit refund process following our brief database hiccup. These credits were not given by a bug in our server – more in the tools and processes we use to rectify commanders and their saves if something goes awry. This was of course fixed, should we need to use the tools again.

Secondly... we hear you! After initially deciding we would offer the choice to these affected commanders about whether to keep their credits or reset themselves to their pre-credit-refund state; commanders in the community questioned whether this would affect the integrity of the game and the wider galaxy. In light of this (and after much deliberation) we have decided to remove all credits, assets and gains from these commanders to balance the playing field. We shall be contacting the affected commanders directly to reflect this change in our decision. Which leads us nicely into...

The “Exploiters”

We are aware of the few exploits which existed for commanders to get credit advantages over other players. We have since patched these exploits to avoid further abuse. Over the next few days we shall be removing all credits and assets gained from these exploits. We have also updated our code of conduct to be completely clear on our stance on cheating, abusing exploits and hacking. This can be read here: https://store.elitedangerous.com/code-of-conduct.

I'll be back tomorrow, as ever, with more updates, including progress on the much asked for server status page.

Fly safe commanders,

Andrew Barlow

Return to “General Discussion”