Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Reputation effects

Postby anikaiful » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:28 pm

Just today noticed a sort of subtle effect reputation with faction(s) can have...

Attained "allied" with one of a system's factions, and from there on, all (outfitter) stations controlled by them expanded their outfitter products lists.

Combiseries

Re: Reputation effects

Postby Combiseries » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:22 am

Very interesting. I`m currently at `Friendly` Status with Meliae and they already have an extensive hardware itinerary. I`ll keep on working at my rep with this faction and star system to see what else they have for sale.

I have also noticed that if your cargo hold increases so do the mission requirements and cargo details for those missions chage to reflcet your cargo hold somewhat.

EAGLE 5
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: EAGLE 5
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby EAGLE 5 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:37 am

That's cool. I just got Friendly with both Alliance and Federation. Now all factions for each are also friendly. Does that mean when I becomes an ally the same will go for all factions? If that's the case... Jackpot

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:19 am

anikaiful wrote:Just today noticed a sort of subtle effect reputation with faction(s) can have...

Attained "allied" with one of a system's factions, and from there on, all (outfitter) stations controlled by them expanded their outfitter products lists.

i noticed this myself but thought i was imagining it, it's nice to have it confirmed. any extra ships as well? I've not checked the shipyard menu yet myself but it would be nice if my home station had a few more types available, it only has 6 now.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Cytraxx Tharn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cytraxx Tharn

Postby Cytraxx Tharn » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:52 am

AndyB wrote:i noticed this myself but thought i was imagining it, it's nice to have it confirmed. any extra ships as well? I've not checked the shipyard menu yet myself but it would be nice if my home station had a few more types available, it only has 6 now.

Available ship-types depend on the station you're on. Different stations provide differnt ship-types.

But at least the "Imperial Clipper" (Baron rank with Empire) and the "Federal Dropship" (Requires Federation rank of Ensign or higher) should be offered only to one with a minimum "fleet rank":

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:46 am

Meliae now has tons of hardware And 10 ships. Great. Spend spend spend.

anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby anikaiful » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 pm

EAGLE 5 wrote:That's cool. I just got Friendly with both Alliance and Federation. Now all factions for each are also friendly. Does that mean when I becomes an ally the same will go for all factions? If that's the case... Jackpot

Yep, that's how it goes - main faction rep dictates the minimum rep level with sub-factions. They still have their own values (they might be e.g. neutral in reality) - but if the main faction holds you an Ally, so do the sub-factions.

Return to “General Discussion”