Quince

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Capricos
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Quince

Postby Capricos » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:50 am

Folks, I don't care that you exploit Quince. However, don't act like it's not an exploit. Don't act like it's supposed to be that way. Don't act like you're not taking a massive short cut. It's a cheat. One Frontier usually closes up faster.
Again, do as you please. It's not impacting me in any way at all. However... don't sit here and BS me, or try to justify what you're doing. And, especially don't sit there and lie to me about how long you've been playing Elite.
This is just a general thought, as more and more clueless people are flying around in ships they short-cutted to, and the attitude is just childish.
It's an exploit.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Re: Quince

Postby *Al* » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:31 pm

Are you OK?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Well.....

That went flying way over my head......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:42 pm

I thought I heard that there were MM's or surface scan missions there recently that were stackable (obviously) and plentiful, but I could be wrong. I don't recall any recent news about Quince being any different than the other 'get rich quick' schemes that are always somewhere around the bubble.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Um, seems like a lot of fuss over a fruit if you ask me, but I may have missed something.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Ahhhhh

Could be......The new owners of our old house cut down the Quince bush we had out the front......

We always kept it as it had hedge sparrows living in it.....

Maybe they have partitioned parliament or something.......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:...

Maybe they have partitioned parliament or something.......

:)

With stud walls?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:57 pm

More robust than some of the policies......

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 pm

No. Quince is an unintended exploit for mission and cash stacking. Is it normal gameplay to long in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out to stack up missions? No, it's not. Is having only one kind of mission available from all the factions at a station normal? No, it's not. It's a glitch that turns into an exploit. Just like several others that have popped up in the game that Frontier has closed down.
It's Frontiers fault for not closing it. I'm not going coming down on a person for using it.
This is what I'm sick of with Quince... pilots acting like they just hit Elite because they took a couple hours to use an exploit to cheat up a huge pile of cash. It's an exploit. You are taking advantage of a glitch. You're not skilled. You didn't earn anything.
Basically, I've been reported twice, and the over-sensitive pussies that moderate the Mobius facebook page kicked me out of the group for calling a guy out for blatantly lying to me, and pointing out to people that Quince is NOT normal. It is an exploit.
And, of course, I got a raft of crybaby crap about how boring Elite is, and that you can't have any fun playing Elite unless you can have ships, and it's too long, boring and pointless to grind your way through money and ranks like the game is designed.
Now, you can point out that I may be crying about this.
No. I'm making a statement that it's an exploit. And, pilots need to accept that's what it is. It's NOT a normal aspect of the game. And, bitching at me for pointing it out, and crying to Cmdr Mobius, and reporting me to moderators because I called a person a liar... pretty sad. And childish.
However, again, if Frontier is too lazy to close the exploit... I can't blame people for exploiting it to cheat up some rank and cash. However, also... don't act like you actually did anything. Don't act like you earned it.

mia389
Competent
Competent
CMDR: !Smokey

Postby mia389 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 am

Why does it matter if it took you 1 week to hit Elite or someone else 1 hour? Are you jealous they found a way that you didnt want to use? Just curious as why it bothers you what others do if it doesn't effect your game play? I'm not elite and have played for 5 months now. It doesn't bother me if someone playing for 2 weeks is Elite.

Just relax and worry about your CMDR, you might enjoy the game more..

Return to “General Discussion”