Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Delvin Kaar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delvin Kaar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: SLF's

Postby Delvin Kaar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:04 pm

To each his own. The FDL is a great ship. I'm not the one to contest that as I feel like I'm neglecting it every time I'm in my Vette. And no you don't need 6 dummies (his build only has 5, btw) hence the large gimballed cannon. They're there for the surface targets. AAA and skimmers alike. Splash damage, bruddah.
As for beams and shields being too weak against whatever "Goliath" you're referring to, it's not a build for ship to ship fighting. It can hold off an interdiction, but that's not the build we took into the RES in beta. That was something else entirely. Couldn't tell ya his build offhand. We just had fun with it. Nothing more, nothing less.
As for VJ- you must be more social online than I am, because not counting YouTube comment trolls, you're the first person to be so critical of a pre 2.1 build of his that I've read. Don't get me wrong. Not being Captain Save-A-Ho here. I don't swear by everything he says. Hell I couldn't tell ya 10% of what he's said. In this one limited instance did I find this particular build- for that matter the FGS as a whole- even remotely useful. I don't take the beta experience as gosphel because who knows how it's gonna be when it finally goes live. I'd still probably take an FAS over it for ship-to-ship any day, but as I have the Vette & FDL, mine will most likely gather dust at Reamy like so many others.
Speaking of your Cutter, how would you gauge your experience with it? Went and got one pretty much to justify spending​ $5 over the holidays on its chrome paint job. Obviously can't argue with the raw numbers for cargo capacity, but even with nearly every mass reduction possibly made to it, and even with 8A dirties on it, the thruster drift was starting to get to me after a week of running that big bitch around.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: SLF's

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 am

I find you have to do anything in the cutter slowly and with absolute certainty.
I first tried one in beta, flew it the same way I would a conda..

Yeah didn't work, it just didn't compensate so even if I went ass first I slammed into station wall next to the toaster rack and blew up.

It happens to be the only ship I obey the speed limits in, Nuff said.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”