Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Smior
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Smior
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Banned from Mobius?

Postby Smior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:10 am

Mobius was removed from my list. This comes after 2 years playing in this group and a day after some pvp in a conflict zone. If I misunderstood the rules, then I apologize. From what I understood, entering a conflict zone is consenting to pvp. I'll be in fleetcomm for now.

Smior
Harmless
Harmless

Re: Banned from Mobius?

Postby Smior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:23 am

Changed my mind. You can find me in open in Exioce in my courier fighting for the Empire. Come get revenge for me dropping the shields on your Anaconda.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am

I'm not sure what happened to you (and I'm not an admin or moderator).

While you can fight other players in combat zones, it's not a free-for-all. You could run afoul of the rules if:
  • You attack another player on the same team.
  • You attack another player before you declare a side.
  • You attack another player before they have declared a side.
  • Leave and rejoin quickly for the purpose of changing sides.

Did any of those happen to you? If not, you can appeal against the ban by contacting the group admins on this forum via PM or the contact form.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Smior
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Smior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:39 am

No. I entered and chose a side. Then another commander entered and chose the other side. I sent a message "want to duel?". Got no response. Waited for an answer while killing enemy ships in the meantime. Then I attacked the commander. He fought back until his shields dropped. Then he combat logged. I was banned the next day. I PMed the admins

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:50 am

If that's exactly what happened, then it was all within the rules. Let's see if the admins can clarify the situation.

BTW, actively opposing the Order of Mobius isn't against the rules, but it probably won't make you very popular within the Mobius private group - you're basically giving others an excuse to report you for any minor infraction that they witness. Just saying...
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Smior
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Smior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:09 am

I'm not looking to be popular here. I just want to play the game how I like with my friends and fight for the Empire as I always have.

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:12 am

While I think it is kind of silly to be a member of a private group called "Mobius PVE" and then actively fight 'against' the minor faction called The Order of Mobius....I have to agree with Smior.

As far as I am aware the rules for the private group allow for PvP within a conflict zone. Now personally I don't condone attacking another cmdr who is fighting for The Order of Mobius I do not think it is against the rules...or maybe I am wrong.

I had an encounter with cmdr Smior myself while in a conflict zone. after a brief tustle with the wing that I was apart of, he came back and fought admirably for The Order as a member of our wing.

I hope you get some clarification on this. o7

Smior
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Smior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:45 am

o7
[RP]I was doing some reconnaissance gathering information on enemy wing tactics[RP off]
Yeah after y'all sent me packing twice, I figured I'd have more fun just joining.
I had no idea what I was getting into when I flew into Exioce. I forgot Mobius had an in game group.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:09 am

Smior wrote:No. I entered and chose a side. Then another commander entered and chose the other side. I sent a message "want to duel?". Got no response. Waited for an answer while killing enemy ships in the meantime. Then I attacked the commander. He fought back until his shields dropped. Then he combat logged. I was banned the next day. I PMed the admins

If these were the actual events, then the commander reporting you should be banned for griefing in my opinion.

You were actually being very polite by warning him beforehand with the invitation to duel.

If I see an opposing commander in a CZ I have no problem engaging without notice.

Hope to see you back in Mobius group soon.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

I wasn't there so I make no assumptions but from what I heard, you were a neural until the CMDR you engaged was down to one ring of shield and under pressure from many enemy NPC's.
Its a bit of a grey area but that's probably not really in the spirit of Mobius.

Return to “General Discussion”