Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

About to swear "open and pvp"

Postby evovi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:47 am

I'm presuming there's some commanders here that frequent open - now that I'm not so scared of loosing a few million credits and after watching an adeles adama (sic?) video I thought I'd like to play vigilante/bounty hunter in erevate (tbc) where new commanders get griefed...

I'll be using an FDL unless someone tells me I'm making a bad choice... What sorta load outs are viable for pvp? My pve build is shield tank (until 2.3 hits anyway) and gimballed weapons as that huge hard point underneath is not in the best of places to get all weapons on target... Or I'm just a terrible aim (which I'm expecting tortorden to tell me that i am anyways )

One last thing - if, well I should say when, I loose my fdl in combat.. Will any engineer modded modules still be modded when I click original load out or am I forever trailing around getting bits rngineered again?

Hoping to learn a few combat tricks and experience new elements to ED from my foray into open

TIA

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: About to swear

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 pm

evovi wrote:One last thing - if, well I should say when, I loose my fdl in combat.. Will any engineer modded modules still be modded when I click original load out or am I forever trailing around getting bits rngineered again?

TIA

When you rebuy your original loadout your modded modules will be there. Good luck, and have fun! :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

If you go a'huntin' in Eravate, be sure not to cross Adle's Armada (Eravate is also AA's in-game home system). The group near-constantly patrols that area for any griefers or higher-rated Wanted Commanders, so just make sure they don't mistake you for a griefer yourself ;) Attack of an AA member quickly puts you on the "kill on sight" list , a bit too quickly in my opinion.
AA ships are often exclusively engineered for PvP and many pilots are quite good at and trained for it. Just a friendly world of warning.

I am only an AA associate, since I engage with AA only as a sidetrack when not Fuel Ratting or PvEing, yet I am quite impressed by their standards and presence.

Oh and be welcome to friend me and contact me in-game if you want some friendly shooting practice, I have use for such myself :)

evovi
Master
Master

Re: About to swear "open and pvp"

Postby evovi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Thankyou JL :)

Yeah uvelius - it's the AA video that's sparked my attention, I myself am impressed at what they do, very well organised... I'll get the wing details from inara so I don't target any one mistakenly

Thankyou - I'll send you a request when I'm home from work, my commander name is Auloria in case you wonder "who's that"

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Sent a rev friend request yesterday night. Which ship would you bring for sparring? And could we met somewhere close to the Eravate area? My PvP ships have an awful jump range.

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:37 pm

uvelius wrote:Sent a rev friend request yesterday night. Which ship would you bring for sparring? And could we met somewhere close to the Eravate area? My PvP ships have an awful jump range.

Sorry m8, I didn't manage to get on after work, was nearly 12:30 am when I landed home

I can bring/build most things - i was primarily looking to use an fdl I've been trying to grasp how the builds differ between pvp and pve but I can't see much in modules to what I've got currently fitted - reading chaff is useless as people tend to use fixed and then deselect the target to shoot straight ahead with gimballed..

Because of the terrible jump range I'll be building this dedicated so it can be left wherever rather than keep bumping it around systems..

I'll be online definitely tonight as I'm only at work till early evening - doing a bit in the cz at cardea then I'll knock the ship together and move to erevate (memories) or wherever you would like it going to

:)

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Very good! I hope that I manage to be online tonight.

Just choose whichever build you would like to try. We can do the actual sparring in Private Group, mine for example. So Eravate or a nearby system would be perfect. Oh and turn "Report Crimes" off ;)

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:17 pm

uvelius wrote:Oh and turn "Report Crimes" off ;)

Whys that ? (Evil laugh) muhahahaha just remind me to check before we open pew pew - take it logging into teamspeak will be a necessity?
Just so I can set my headset up prior to getting settled :)

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm

In-game voice comms will do, they should work fine and are easier to handle for me. Ages since I used TC ...

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Sorted - hopefully see you in game later this evening :)

Return to “General Discussion”