Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
dockerthedog
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dockerthedog
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Fast hard lesson tonight

Postby dockerthedog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:54 pm

firemane wrote:If you are going to hit a Res that is far away from a station with repair capabilities you can look into nearby systems before you go in. More likely than not you will find a port very close to a star. Jumping to that system and doing a short SC trip rather then trying to reach a port inside the same system may just save your life. You can pre-nav it if you want to be extra efficient.

This tip is good for undermining, as well as for those risky missions that involve evading high level NPC's.

I should have tried that, but honestly, I panicked and didn't want to loose the 9 mil or so.

firemane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: firemane
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby firemane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:09 pm

It happens to everyone the first time. I had a similar experience the first time I had a canopy breach. I arrived at port with only seconds worth of air remaining. Someone else told me about that tip later and I was banging my head against the bulkhead. I am just passing on the wisdom of others. :D

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Yep......

Same here......Legged it to a station in system with only secs to spare......Just to find out it had no repair facility.....

Leap frogged from one station to another in system till I found one that had.......

But yea.......Out of system jump would have been better...Especially if pre planned......

All my life support has been A-rated since that episode......

Not gonna pay that dry cleaning bill again........

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”