Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Tourist Passenger Missions to Get A Nerf

Postby Xebeth » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Quoting Michael Brookes here

Short range passenger missions should benefit your trade rank, and the long voyages to your exploration rank. The benefit for the exploration rank is higher than we'd like so will be adjusted down in 2.3.

Michael

Get those rank point whilst you still can!
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Re: Tourist Passenger Missions to Get A Nerf

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:30 pm

I did! Went from 25% pioneer to elite doing passenger missions. And when I did hit elite, I also hit the clear save button.
A logical thing to do, don't you think :P
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:05 pm

I wish they would adjust rank points retroactively :)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:I did! Went from 25% pioneer to elite doing passenger missions. And when I did hit elite, I also hit the clear save button.
A logical thing to do, don't you think :P

You need to update your license ranks ;) (I hit F5, but it may still be a refresh issue for me).
Btw, quite logical if the point of the game is to have fun.
It's time to give this another go.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:25 pm

No big surprise on the nerf. PAX missions give you WAY too much exploration rank progression gain, IMO.

Wtih that said, I utilized the current game mechanics to allow me to get ranked up. If it's there, I'm going to use it. :D

Just like when many commanders got tremendous trade rank progression and crazy profits from Sothis / Ceos runs. Same thing.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Goobertech
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Shaen

Postby Goobertech » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Just my $0.02 but I'm glad they are changing this. I don't consider it a nerf because I don't think it was ever intended to work that way. Obviously people disagree and that's fine. I'm one of those people that gets satisfaction with earning certain things in game. My exploration rank was one of the things I wanted to earn. I didn't realize the passenger missions were giving me rank and when I hit Pioneer I was actually pretty bummed out. Hitting elite won't mean as much to me anymore because I have probably earned 100 million+ from passenger missions. Again, just my $0.02. :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:21 am

Personally I think FD do this on purpose, or at least purposely leave them in for a period of time. Mission rewards have been changed by server side updates in the past, so there is no real reason to leave it until 2.3 unless they want to, it was the same with Sothis, there was enough talk about it on the forums for a long time, so they could have changed it a long time before they actually did.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

FCB1891
Competent
Competent
CMDR: HeliosFCB

Postby FCB1891 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:52 am

Xebeth wrote:Personally I think FD do this on purpose, or at least purposely leave them in for a period of time. Mission rewards have been changed by server side updates in the past, so there is no real reason to leave it until 2.3 unless they want to, it was the same with Sothis, there was enough talk about it on the forums for a long time, so they could have changed it a long time before they actually did.

Certainly feels that way doesn't it.

On the other hand, if exploring is what you like to do, reaching Elite won't stop you from doing so, it merely devaluates the prestige that comes with said rank.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Xebeth wrote:Personally I think FD do this on purpose, or at least purposely leave them in for a period of time. Mission rewards have been changed by server side updates in the past, so there is no real reason to leave it until 2.3 unless they want to, it was the same with Sothis, there was enough talk about it on the forums for a long time, so they could have changed it a long time before they actually did.

This.

Finally got my Elite Explorer rank because of passengers.:evil:
Been to Sag A*, Colonia, way past the Formidine Rift. Have white dwarfs, neutron stars and black holes with my CMDRs name on them. But was locked at 70% Pioneer cause I was just too tired of being in the black for so long. Then passengers came along. Made a couple of trips and one to COR's start point and got my Elite. :)

If FDev wants to nerf it. It's up to them. o7

Return to “General Discussion”