Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: IndigoWyrd
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Slave 1 esque role play ship

Postby IndigoWyrd » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Slave 1...

Let's take a look, shall we?

First off, this was a customized Firespray 31.

Specs:

Though the Fetts had modified theirs (modded specs):
https://s27.postimg.org/jpr5drl8z/image.jpg

A Federal Assault Ship can be spec'd pretty close:
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal ... 18aQ%3D%3D.

About the closest I can get to emulating Slave 1 would be in a Federal Gunship - in terms of firepower, capacity and capability.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal ... qiZI%3D%3D.

Dave Sewell
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Markev Tierson

Postby Dave Sewell » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 pm

TorTorden wrote:Why would anyone want to pretend their flying around in what must be one of the dumbest looking space ships I have ever seen.

Apart from the imperial star destroyers, every ship in the star wars universe can be described as "utterly moronic".
But then again the whole saga is a pile of drivel that only works out if you are under the age of 8 when you first saw it or REALLY high.

Star trek isn't much better (not really counting the reboot), but there they actually try to make a somewhat coherent plot line and hired top notch actors in key positions, so at least the delivery is somewhat entertaining.

George Lucas on the other hand seemed to go out of his way to find actors incapable of acting.

Could not disagree more to be honest..the Falcon was a great looking ship, the blockade runners, the hammerheads, the a-wings and B-wings..Tie fighters..all great looking ships. As for acting..I think it's YOU who was really high when you made this post..half the actors in Star trak could not have acted their way out of a paper bag if you put them in one and armed them with scissors. SW 3,4 and 5 were epic, 1,2, and 3 were ok but pandered too much to the kiddies, and Rogue One was an amazing film. Most of the sci fi films we enjoy today were inspired by what Lucas did with the SW films...I see no reason for your contempt for these films. In fact..given your comments about the ships, I am not even convinced you've seen them! :x

IndigoWyrd
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: IndigoWyrd

Postby IndigoWyrd » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Pure opinion above - I've been an avid consumer of pretty much all things Sci-Fi, from Star Wars through Star Trek, Farscape and beyond.
Each has their merits and flaws, and I'm going to wager no one posting here has been involved in the production of any of these.
I wasn't a huge fan of Rogue One - I thought it drug on way too long for too little, but it did "fit" right where it was supposed to, so can't fault that.
A lot of folk loved Firefly - I like a bit more "Fi" in my Sci-Fi, and a little less Cowboy.

Return to “General Discussion”