Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Game Ideas

Postby tinnitus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Have a couple ideas for our game, 1: Colour Comms Messages, 2: Multifunctional Internal Compartments.

1:Colour Comms Messages, Action Comms message appear as a different Colour, e.g. Redirect "X" to "Y" these usually offer a Bonus and have some sort of timer having a different indicator colour allows the Commander to see at a glance an action item is available separating messages from general Comms Traffic.

2: Multifunctional Internal Compartments, e.g. instead of 256 T Cargo Rack an internal that is a 128 T Cargo Rack and a 64 Tonne Fuel Tank assuming there is weight assigned to construct if not then 128 T Rack and 128 T Tank.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

hawkpilot
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Hawkpilot
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Game Ideas

Postby hawkpilot » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Greetings CMDR,

I like the first idea and I think it is easy for FDev to implement. However, the second one will probably be ditched because it breaks a core game mechanic - two different modules in one slot. I don't think that FDev would even consider such a change.

o7

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:10 pm

hawkpilot wrote:Greetings CMDR,

I like the first idea and I think it is easy for FDev to implement. However, the second one will probably be ditched because it breaks a core game mechanic - two different modules in one slot. I don't think that FDev would even consider such a change.

o7

Not so easy changing comms message colours. Like all panes, the Comms pane uses the HUD colours, which has a limited palette. All text in all HUD panels has to be the same colour. Try changing your HUD colours and you'll see.

There have been numerous requests for an update.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:54 am

There have been a number of threads in the official forums requesting that the Detailed surface scanner and Discovery scanners be allowed to fit into 1 2T slot.
But I think FDev are some what against it as it seems to be part of the core game Mechanic of inventory management.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:08 am

Falcon_D wrote:There have been a number of threads in the official forums requesting that the Detailed surface scanner and Discovery scanners be allowed to fit into 1 2T slot.
But I think FDev are some what against it as it seems to be part of the core game Mechanic of inventory management.

No its just poor game design, and most game designers are slower to admit their faults than sloths covered in molasses, which is how most online, long running games will actually have to wait for the chief designer to get fired before the game gets some sweeping much needed changes.

As for slot management.
The only ships with two class 1 optionals.
Are sidewinder.
The two eagles and the vulture.

Name the long range exploration ship on this list?

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 am

As for a personal want. And I have mentioned it many times before.

I want to be able to hot drop buggies.
If I want toss myself in a buggy out at 23km above surface I should be able to do that.
I should blow up, yes. But I can't see any real reason to not be able to.

It would open up for new tactics for base assaults and more areas for exploration.

And anyone who has played with ice geysers know you can easily survive a 2+ km drop with minimal damage "if you get it right".

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:43 am

TorTorden wrote:As for a personal want. And I have mentioned it many times before.

I want to be able to hot drop buggies.
And anyone who has played with ice geysers know you can easily survive a 2+ km drop with minimal damage "if you get it right".

So Cold Dropping...

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:48 pm

I like a backup camera only if it goes beep beep, maybe a Docking Puter Toggle Switch. As for a Cargo/Tank we just built one for the boat, well actually built a fuel tank, dropped it in what use to be a fish/ice hold.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22 pm

I just want wing mirrors.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Want rear lasers that you can switch to.....

Like the original.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”