Shinrarta mailslot crash - and apologies if it was you?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: -=DruiD=-
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Shinrarta mailslot crash - and apologies if it was you?

Postby DruiD » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:06 am

Hi all,
Just a shout out, tonight I 'clipped' something, it spun off into the mailslot side and exploded in Jameson Memorial.
This obviously granted me a Instant Pilots Federation bounty and the station killed me, 100% accident, I took my eyes of the screen for a second to turn around and talk to my 4YO and boom!

I am hoping that it was a NPC coming in underneath me or something of that nature, but as I was playing in Mobius group at the time there was a chance it was a player - I didnt think to try and get any names or screenshots before I respawned.

It was instant, no real bump and grind through the slot, so I am guessing it was a very weak\tiny NPC ship underneath me or something - but just putting this out there to take responsibility and apologize if it was indeed another Mobius player.

If so and you lost your ship - I deeply apologize.

[edit] - I found that I can use ED Discovery to read\search my logs for "commit crime" - it doesn't say whether it was Player or NPC .. but the name was "Name removed as dealt with by admins already", and search on PVP Kill shows nothing? So hoping this means it was actually an NPC.
Last edited by DruiD on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leo Sagan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Leo Sagan

Re: Shinrarta mailslot crash - and apologies if it was you?

Postby Leo Sagan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:21 am

I was the only other player (not including the griefer) in the instance and you didn't touch my ship. as the new logs clearly show. If you touched a ship it had to be an npc or the griefer. In both case, apologies are definitely not required.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:22 am

That CMDR name is known right now it seems. See here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6413

Than it might not have been an accident, you actually might have been the victim here.
Note the "if"s here.

Note that the friend list system was extremely heavily failing last night, as I experienced when ratting, with friended players not showing up in the Comms window list. Might well affect display of other players as well, I don't know. Or can a fighter Silent Run?
Whatever, all speculative.

DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: -=DruiD=-

Postby DruiD » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks both , yeah Leo I saw you there in a Beluga was it ? and tried to stay away when I was trying to get killed by the station :P
I had to spawn a sidewinder and get killed to remove the 7 day bounty from the effort by the player in question and its being dealt with by Mobius.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Moved topic to 'General Discussion' as it's not specific to the 'Order of Mobius'
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”