Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cometborne » Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 am

Ran a VIP passenger mission with one of those "does not react well to danger, hull damage will drastically reduce passenger satisfaction" and "highly demanding" types in Cardea. Undocked, made the first jump, incoming message. Knew about the "just ignore the message" trick, but opened it anyway.

Guess what the dude wanted me to do? "I want to shake some hands in a combat zone". Destination system Azrael, time 2:38 minutes.

Whatever happened to "does not react well to danger"? And where is the "space this passenger now without the benefit of an escape pod to improve the gene pool" button?

At least he did not lay claim to the 59.000 credit combat bond I acquired to keep him happy...
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Mon May 08, 2017 7:27 am

Xebeth wrote:And it is done

Congrats!

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 am

Spent the first 10 hours in my alt account (TGS Grey) hauling cargo, but I think without an appealing CG come this Wednesday I'm going to try my hand at combat in an Eagle (usually use an A spec Vulture on my primary)

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Mon May 08, 2017 9:12 am

Greylock3491 wrote:Spent the first 10 hours in my alt account (TGS Grey) hauling cargo, but I think without an appealing CG come this Wednesday I'm going to try my hand at combat in an Eagle (usually use an A spec Vulture on my primary)

Can you share the money among your alt accounts? How?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon May 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Orochimaru wrote:
Greylock3491 wrote:Spent the first 10 hours in my alt account (TGS Grey) hauling cargo, but I think without an appealing CG come this Wednesday I'm going to try my hand at combat in an Eagle (usually use an A spec Vulture on my primary)

Can you share the money among your alt accounts? How?

No, unless you happen to be able to run both at the same time and transfer cargo, but there is no credit transfer system.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Now Pioneer ... 92% more to Elite

Postby thebs » Wed May 10, 2017 1:56 am

I've been away from the game as I've had life, but I made it back to the bubble and my Explorer rank is now Pioneer.

Exploring is definitely a decent way to make money now, especially for newer players who maybe have just enough for a Cobra plus a Detailed Surface Scanner. Those with bigger ships can still make a lot more with cargo runs.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Now Pioneer ... 92% more to Elite

Postby TorTorden » Wed May 10, 2017 8:55 am

thebs wrote:I've been away from the game as I've had life, but I made it back to the bubble and my Explorer rank is now Pioneer.

Exploring is definitely a decent way to make money now, especially for newer players who maybe have just enough for a Cobra plus a Detailed Surface Scanner. Those with bigger ships can still make a lot more with cargo runs.

I disagree.
Exploration is still in need of a huge boost.
But a bump in pay wouldnt be enough, it needs a complete redesign and fleshing out.
Current mechanic barely reach placeholder status in my opinion.

Having started a second acount and doing the whole starting out thing all over again.

Just by picking missions for data scans, skimmer kills, cargo runs and of course picking up platinum, taffetite etc from surface poi's.

Even if you just have a stock sidey you would have a million or two within a few hours.
And thats without stacking, cycling or anything i would consider close to grinding.

After about 40 hours of total play on that account he has a mostly A rated vulture, a fully a rated cobra. The credits are about to start rolling in.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: Now Pioneer ... 92% more to Elite

Postby thebs » Wed May 10, 2017 11:33 pm

TorTorden wrote:
thebs wrote:I've been away from the game as I've had life, but I made it back to the bubble and my Explorer rank is now Pioneer.

I disagree.
Exploration is still in need of a huge boost.
But a bump in pay wouldnt be enough, it needs a complete redesign and fleshing out.
Current mechanic barely reach placeholder status in my opinion.

Having started a second acount and doing the whole starting out thing all over again.

Just by picking missions for data scans, skimmer kills, cargo runs and of course picking up platinum, taffetite etc from surface poi's.

Even if you just have a stock sidey you would have a million or two within a few hours.
And thats without stacking, cycling or anything i would consider close to grinding.

After about 40 hours of total play on that account he has a mostly A rated vulture, a fully a rated cobra. The credits are about to start rolling in.

I never said it's the "best way" to make money. I said it is a way to make money, whereas before, you couldn't.

E.g., just having detailed surface scanner in a single system that is inside the bubble can now net 1-2M credits, and the near half-dozen well documented systems in the bubble nearly 10M.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Thu May 11, 2017 5:09 am

I'm currently sitting at a station bar, downing some vodka after having my first experience with Reboot & Repair.

After multiple stupid mistakes, I found my Python floating about 12 km above the surface of some nameless, airless moon. I had a hold full of Gold, Silver, and Palladium. I also had 3% hull and my FSD & Thrusters were dead.

I knew in the back of my mind that there was a way to cannibalize some parts to repair others, but but while watching the altimeter start to accelerate toward zero, I couldn't figure it out. Thankfully the universe is willing to wait while I jumped over to Google and found out that R&R is located in the Functions menu, directly above Self Destruct.

The ship kept falling while its computer performed diagnosis & repair. I think it was down to about 5 or 6 km when it came back to life. I sheepishly headed back to a nearby station for real repairs. Naturally an Elite NPC tried to interdict me on the way, but he was apparently consumed by the moon's gravity well. :D

The NPC reappeared as I was entering the hangar at the station, and demanded 140K CR of my cargo. I politely declined.

Reboot & Repair changed a potential 8.9M CR rebuy into a 197K CR repair bill, which I paid gladly.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Thu May 11, 2017 5:38 am

Hrdina wrote:I'm currently sitting at a station bar, downing some vodka after having my first experience with Reboot & Repair.

After multiple stupid mistakes, I found my Python floating about 12 km above the surface of some nameless, airless moon. I had a hold full of Gold, Silver, and Palladium. I also had 3% hull and my FSD & Thrusters were dead.

I knew in the back of my mind that there was a way to cannibalize some parts to repair others, but but while watching the altimeter start to accelerate toward zero, I couldn't figure it out. Thankfully the universe is willing to wait while I jumped over to Google and found out that R&R is located in the Functions menu, directly above Self Destruct.

The ship kept falling while its computer performed diagnosis & repair. I think it was down to about 5 or 6 km when it came back to life. I sheepishly headed back to a nearby station for real repairs. Naturally an Elite NPC tried to interdict me on the way, but he was apparently consumed by the moon's gravity well. :D

The NPC reappeared as I was entering the hangar at the station, and demanded 140K CR of my cargo. I politely declined.

Reboot & Repair changed a potential 8.9M CR rebuy into a 197K CR repair bill, which I paid gladly.

Cool! I did not know that. Thanks for sharing and go easy on that Vodka

Return to “General Discussion”