Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Walter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Darwin wrote:Doing nothing at the moment. I know from experience not to play on release days... :o

Started playing at 8:30 and got knocked off just three times. It was a little slow at first but overall it's the best upgrade I've had. And only 10 minutes to upgrade from the beta version.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Flip » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 pm

zanderwild wrote:
Flip wrote:Wondering where, when and how I can pay the 200 cr bounty I have got on my head, I don't know how, I don't know when and I don't know where.

If I understand the new system, that bounty should go away after a little bit of time. The bigger the bounty the longer it takes to go away. Find an outpost or some other out of the way area in space to wait for the law to stop caring.

That's what eventually happened. It changed into a fine that I was able to pay. But according to what I read I expected that to happen after 15 minutes, not after 60 or 90.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:12 am

Stummies and I had a blast testing out the Diamondback Variants. I don't want to speak for him, but the Scout is probably the most fun small ship I've ever flown. Not sure if I can put my finger on exactly why, just the combination of aesthetic, handling, and weapons/placement...

I haven't really tried the bigger variant yet... it's slower, less maneuverable, and more lightly armed than the Python. So until I want to go exploring and take advantage of that 30+ly range, I think I'll hold off.

Seriously though. The Scout is a ton of fun :D.

Edit: I think I'll call him Guppy.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 am

It seems they've effectively grounded every large ship in the galaxy with insane repair costs, even on a smaller ship like the Vulture.....

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:57 am

VictoriaG wrote:It seems they've effectively grounded every large ship in the galaxy with insane repair costs, even on a smaller ship like the Vulture.....

That's why I'm sticking to my Diamondback for a bit... until that matter is resolved or explained...

Troubling. I wonder if things just reverted back to how they were pre 1.2 with the addition of all the new changes? Oversights like that have happened before...

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:52 am

Trying to work on the HUD color again that I didn't save and put on the override settings. Also getting put-offed by that disabled-by-default hardware mouse option with the Oculus.

I'll probably play the game with a normal monitor in the meantime.

Marl
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marlin Burrows

Postby Marl » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:01 am

..sitting on my arse in Upsilon Aquarii.

BloodravenD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BloodravenD

Postby BloodravenD » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:55 am

Just bought a Cobra and fitted it for mining, with the collection limpets, it's a lot more fun. I also found a radio station, called radio sidewinder, that plays some pretty interesting music as well as some elite dangerous adverts.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:09 am

When I finally got in last night I was anxious to see the changes. Very impressed. Even with the sound! Maybe it's me, but the soundscape seems to have improved so much.

I was flipping through the panels when I remembered they put progress bars in for you to see your rank progress. I looked and it said 0%. What the? That's when I realised I had rushed to turn in my bounties when they broadcast that they were going down. I didn't notice then, but i moved up to Dangerous. Yay me.

Then I grabbed a stripped Sidewinder and blasted off to Baker terminal to pick up a discounted Courier. Upgraded a bit and flew back. I am liking this ship so much more than the Clipper to fly. Will have to test it a RES area tomorrow.

Btw, did anyone else realise you can move your shield generator to another slot? The Courier had size 2 shields and I moved them to a size 3 slot and bought an A3.

Never knew you could do that.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:12 am

Only 75% of the way to Deadly.

Which I guess isn't too bad.

Time for bed!

Return to “General Discussion”