Rhysling
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Rhysling
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Rhysling » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Zooming round nav beacons in a Vulture - just got Novice rank! \o/
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

KleinerFisch
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Pisciculus

Postby KleinerFisch » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:30 am

Stored the Viper in my home system, hopped into the Asp and moved her to another system 150ly away but with untouched RES. Parked the Asp and bought another Viper, now again doing RES-hunting undisturbed with fine profits. Will farm there until I either got enough credits for a Vulture or reach enemy status with a faction again :evil:
You sure have bigger fish to fry ...

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:38 pm

Went to Aparctias, to see the Imperial capital ship that's actually fighting for the Federation. Killed 68 ships in the conflict zone and was targetted 3 times by CMDRs (same CMDR two times) in their Vultures, my Anaconda inflicted damage on them forcing them to flee the conflict zone, closest being taken down to 24% before he jumped away (sent me a nice message though thanking me for not totally destroying him).

MaccGyver
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MaccGyver

Postby MaccGyver » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:47 am

Trying (and unfortunately failing) to keep Leesti in the hands of Independent Leesti for Equality - seems like there must be a ton of pilots flying for Reynhardt Intellisys. The bastards... :evil:
I can fix that.

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII

Postby Senex VII » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:29 am

Just re-equipped my Type-6 and temporarily downgraded a couple of modules for less heat. Got it jumping 27¾ LY. And out exploring again...

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:13 am

VictoriaG wrote:Went to Aparctias, to see the Imperial capital ship that's actually fighting for the Federation. Killed 68 ships in the conflict zone and was targetted 3 times by CMDRs (same CMDR two times) in their Vultures, my Anaconda inflicted damage on them forcing them to flee the conflict zone, closest being taken down to 24% before he jumped away (sent me a nice message though thanking me for not totally destroying him).

Yep, that was me. First time in a High Intensity zone.

You knocked out my canopy once, and I made it back to repair no problem, but was very close to getting completely destroyed by you. The second time I accidentally rammed you and thought I was done. I recovered and tried my best, but was unable to effectively battle you. I have very few kills and am still learning how to use what I have effectively.

Was quite fun. I was definitely outnumbered being on the Empire side. I was very surprised that I was not hit by the Capital ship though. Might have been farther out that a lot of the other targets it was firing on.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

M. Kowalsky
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Matt Kowalsky

Postby M. Kowalsky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:26 am

Last night I was back in a cockpit for the first time in a couple of weeks. Took off from Lave to Leesti without going through the flight checklist procedure thinking "What could go wrong?" even though I could barely remember where the Landing Gear and Booster switches were :)
Well, I messed up my appraoch into George Lucas, went in way too quickly, saw an exiting CMDR in his Asp coming right my way, and tried unsuccessfully to avoid him.
Thankfully, the shields held up and no big damage done, but I then took my time building back up muscle memory :D

KleinerFisch
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Pisciculus

Postby KleinerFisch » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am

Seems like I hit the jackpot for bountyhunting ! :evil:

Had reached enemy status in a system RES-hunting, so again I moved ... found the CD-52 187 system that has some conflict zones as well as some RES. Parked my Asp, bought and upgraded a Viper and went to RES ... first thing I noticed was that the cops there are not green blips on my radar but yellow like the regular miners and pirates, and there are A LOT of them, like 10-20 at least. I guess it's because of the system being in conflict. Had to jump in twice to get one RES with the big ships spawning, those "system defenders" immediately group up and laser down Conda shields within seconds, while I KWS-scan and target powerplant. With the defenders assistance we kaBOOM the biggies in less than a minute ... and I don't even have to waste ammo, gimballed bursts FTW !

Had to bail out, because I got killcrazy and fired a shot before the sensor scan went through ... paid 1063 creds fine at the nearest station, no repair and no ammo cost. 2.5mill bounty cashed in and 750k bounty vouchers at Fed/Alliance left to hand in, my personal record for a fun-packed 1-hour-session :D
You sure have bigger fish to fry ...

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:33 am

I was poisting RES with my A-grade Viper and I must say, that ship is awesome!

Got about 2.5M Credits there and then fly to my Home base near Alignak. After that bought another Viper, fly it back to Makulu, where my Cobra is. Change to Cobra and sell "spare-viper". Then fly back to home. Now both of ships are same barn for a while. Maybe little more RES-farming and then Cobra > Asp, Viper > Vulture. Or Just keep the old ones too.

After flying the Viper among with those ring system asteroids I feel that the Cobra is slow and turns like a Pig

Someone maybe remember that anecdote :-P

bulletstop
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: bulletstop

Postby bulletstop » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:20 am

Doing Rares trading to upgrade my Asp for my first exploration run. Have the A rated fsd, and surface scanner. Need the advance discovery, 2 repair modules, and then I can head to the black.
Have 3 mil in the bank so I figure 10 more mill then I will have everything upgraded that is necessary. I want a a rated shield before heading out and maybe an A rated power plant. Right now I have an a rated power distribution and fsd. A c rated shields, thrusters and power plant.

Bullet

Return to “General Discussion”