Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
bladerunner900
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vespasianus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby bladerunner900 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Trading, missions for the Feds or their Allies and bounty hunting pirates in my Python. I could get a Conda, but I like the Python and besides, I have some nice paint schemes for it.

When Power Play comes I'll probably ally myself with the Feds and go Medieval on the Empires ass. "Make it so" :D

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Fri May 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Made it to the centre of the galaxy, there was no tea shop, so I'm turning around and coming home. Expect me back in 5 weeks or so.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Just about to take my new 'Conda out for a test spin in a RES now I have found an 8A Power Distributor and 8B Power Plant - couldn't afford the 8A Power Plant yet - it only costs 163M lol :shock:

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri May 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Still farking about in beta.......

Highlight tonight......Taking out a sidewinder with one Plasma shot at 1.8 Km......

Luck.....Never....Pure skill I tell you......

*Coughs*

Oh and an Asp in 4.......Mind you that was rather close..........I could see him shite himself........

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Fri May 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Visitied Quivira to investigate CZ's.
Find utterly broken with ships just flying in formation and not shooting in a [High Intensity]
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert

Postby Colin The Grey » Fri May 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Well after an hour or so of test combat in a RES - I'm quite pleasantly surprised, the 'Conda is a lot more agile than I expected - ok it's no Vulture - but it's no T9 either lol. It's a lot slower than my Python - but that's to expected given it's size, but I never boosted around the place in my Python anyway - slow and steady - glide into combat is how I did things. Same applies with the 'Conda - only difference is - once I open up with all my weapons - anything smaller than a Cobra becomes space dust before they can even say "Noooo Help!!!!" - I'm not using turrets as the local Pirate faction hates my guts - so they are all hostile to me and turrets would just get me fined :)

At one point I had 3 wings of fighters attacking me (Because I'm hostile to the local pirates this happens quite often and only adds to the fun) - just took them down one by one - shields never even went down to 2 rings (7D shield with 7 OA boosters - 1,176.00 MJ of Shield) in my python I would have been down to hull and boosting for safety. Took on a couple of Dropships' - they were toast before they could even turn round and fly past me.

Definitely an upgrade from the Python in combat - now just need to save up another 100M, so I can afford to A spec the power plant and thrusters. Will try it out in a CZ tomorrow.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri May 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Back from my 3000ly sightseeing trip. 1.5M cr richer, and 33 new discoveries to my name :)

Off now to find something to kill :evil:
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Sat May 02, 2015 7:46 am

Joined the CG on the side of the Empire. Stapleton Dock is a long cruise from the arrival point and I think that's putting people off.

System: Quivira
Station: Stapledon Dock
Objective: Submit combat bonds to the Quivira Electronics PLC at Stapledon Dock

I did one 500k combat bond run and I'm in the top 5%. No rewards yet and only a couple of hundred commanders signed up. This one has the chance of no pay out unless more commanders come to play.

N.B. There's a couple of Low intensity CZ's close to Stapleton Dock.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 am

de Carabas wrote:Submit combat bonds to the Quivira Electronics PLC at Stapledon Dock

thanks for the heads-up, i would have missed this CG if you hadn't mentioned it

took the Asp down to Tsin Binba (near Quivira) and there i bought Vulcher The Mulcher Mk2 for the Quivira CG. i couldn't find all the parts i needed for it, so i'm using a different build, i hope it holds up ok...
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert

Postby Colin The Grey » Sat May 02, 2015 11:10 am

I'm just about to take Arnie the 'Conda over to the CZ :)

Return to “General Discussion”