Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Like Skid Row quite fittingly put it back in the day: "Can't be king of the world if you're slave to the grind"

Which I very much am. So tight on cash I can only go for the cheapest, most mundane commodities. So that's the plan for tonight. Hauling scrapes between HR 6189 and Mehen.

Oh well, when you hit rock bottom, the only way is up :mrgreen:
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Got another couple of hours in the cockpit this evening. Took a single jump into Coquim and came across another combat zone. For some reason two independant factions (at 0%) are having a civil war between themselves. So I decided to help out the Empire who gave me a mission to go blow stuff up!

Not moved from there will hang around and continue to improve me combat skills and count.

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 am

Day 28 - Nourse City in Esumindii system

Finished exploring systems around ( I don't use external trading tools, more fun to find out by myself ) and as I suspected found some good trade routes one jump away when not even inside the same system. All in rather safe Federation space (was only interdicted once by a crazy Eagle who paid for the ammo)

Finished with an hour of fun action bounty hunting at the Nav Beacon.

Will stay around to put some money in the bank and buy a couple of things for the Cobra ( there is a B4 power plant on sale).

Didn't see anyone.
Last edited by Corsaire31 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:11 am

BarkingMad wrote:I had over 1800 and still Expert until the weekend. I let the authorities run down the shields on an Elite 'Conda and then steamed in with the multi cannons on the power plant and claimed the kill which took me to Master.

Excellent - so it can be done! :roll:

So what was your combat profit? I've read that the ranking is based on profit, but they didn't have a number for Master. They had 2 million for Competent and 4 million for Expert, which were pretty close to what I had when I advanced. And higher ranked opponents usually have the higher bounties, so it does make sense. I'm guessing you were at around 12 or 16 million.
It's time to give this another go.

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 am

Ran a dozen of missions for the Empire in Sifjar which took me up to Viscount.

BarkingMad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Barking Mad

Postby BarkingMad » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:08 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:So what was your combat profit? I've read that the ranking is based on profit, but they didn't have a number for Master. They had 2 million for Competent and 4 million for Expert, which were pretty close to what I had when I advanced. And higher ranked opponents usually have the higher bounties, so it does make sense. I'm guessing you were at around 12 or 16 million.

I think profit is possibly just one of the criteria. I think there is also weighting for the size of ship you bring down and also the combat ranking of the opposition. Given the thought that's going into everything else in the game, I don't imagine the question of combat ranking has a simple answer.

Zieman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zieman

Postby Zieman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:00 pm

Exploring. I have a list of systems to visit, now checked 142 out of 214 in that list.
Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
My Elite: Dangerous videos , All you wanted to know about the game. And more.

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Kiltrathi wrote:Ran a dozen of missions for the Empire in Sifjar which took me up to Viscount.

Congratulations and thank you, though it does seem that something isn't working correctly as the SRF have gone up to 3.7%, even though a number of us were running against them last night :(

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Well last night....Hung around Hors......Missions were shite.....REAL low payers....So went to nav beacon....Done about 45 mins of bounty hunting.....Earned about 70,000...Got bored and decided to do sthg I had been avoiding......

Flew to Sol.......Kin ell......Busy place.....Used to seeing in station traffic report 10 - 150 ships in 24....usually at the lower end....Sol over 2000......Anyway missions and trade seemed better so am hanging around there for a while......

Felt funny flying over Earth and seeing familiar planet names......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Wow did not know that sol was so busy, I thought founders and the old worlds were busy. Might have to take a run up there.

Another couple of hours in the cockpit today. Another mission in the combat zone in Coquim, dispatched my first Imperial Clipper (made me feel sad to shoot a fellow Empire pilot), but credits are credits after all. And I was furthering the Empire's cause. Did a few missions for the Empire while I was there.

Decided to blast out to George Pantazis and Zesseze and pick up a few rares. Handed in my combat bonds in George and came across another combat zone in Zesseze. It seems there are quite a few out there at the moment, as I was heading out from there to Zaonce, came through a "Unexplored" system to me with nothing there and saw Cmdr Doudan passing through, said "Hi". Carried on to Zaonce, Lave, Leesti picking up rares and headed down to Witchhaul. Got bounced by a Wanted Python which gave me 60,000 credits bounty which was nice split across Federation and the System I was in. Was a bit of a rubbish pilot, don't even think they shot at me even though they interdicted me.

Now sat in Witchhaul bar, wondering if I made a mistake buying my Asp. Don't have the credits to get some A spec equipment at the moment, and just wonder if I should have kept my Cobra. :( Handles like a brick in combat.

Return to “General Discussion”