HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Getting my new ship blow up :x

I knew I shouldn't have taken that black box mission in Anarchy space. Some douche in a Fed Dropship interdicted me and blew me to pieces. Not the sharpest pencil in the pirate box though.

"I'm here for your cargo, fool!"
"Umm... I don't have any. I'm running empt..."
*pew pew pew....KABOOM!*

Man, I wish FD would fix the AI so the NPC's would have at least some resemblance of intelligent behavior. Now they're nothing more than a nuisance that in worst case gets you killed for absolutely nothing.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

General Specific
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: General Specific

Postby General Specific » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Telengo wrote:Managed to actually get some gameplay in last night and this morning inbetween shifts.

Finished up a rare run in my T6 and decided to sell everything (Cobra included and go for an Asp). Spent the rest of the night looking for a station that sold an Asp. And also a station that sold D or E rated equipment to replace my A rated equipment. This did not go well, and had me passing back toward Lave, Diso and Lessti. Before another 160ly journey back to Altair to actually purchase a new ship.

I am now the proud owner of a lovely new Asp, in Imperial Red!!!!! With shiny new "Founder" decals on her. But unfortunately no equipment what so ever, other than the standard rubbish. If any other commanders have come across a A5 FSD in the Lave/Altair/Sol region then please let me know.

Will be doing a few more rare runs to be able to afford the rest of the equipment, because at 5m a piece is costs a lot.

Cmdr Telengo

Pretty sure I got an A5 for my asp at Leesti or Zaonce a while ago.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Ah, back to square two for me, haha! Loaded up my Hauler with superconductors and headed off to a neighboring system. I was interdicted right before the station and blown to smithereens. Luck me, I anticipated that so I left enough money for rebuy. But still.. I'm starting to think I'll ditch this ship for good and go make slow millions in my Sidewinder. At least I*ve managed to shoot down interdicting pirates with it.

This is definitely not going well :mrgreen:
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Siobhan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 pm

HAMM3R wrote:Ah, back to square two for me, haha! Loaded up my Hauler with superconductors and headed off to a neighboring system. I was interdicted right before the station and blown to smithereens. Luck me, I anticipated that so I left enough money for rebuy. But still.. I'm starting to think I'll ditch this ship for good and go make slow millions in my Sidewinder. At least I*ve managed to shoot down interdicting pirates with it.

This is definitely not going well :mrgreen:

That's pretty bad luck. Hauler is an ok ship really (for a white transit van), but is really just a stepping stone to an adder. The sidey has the problem of a tiny jump range though so no fun doing long rares runs. There are some threads here discussing good runs though when you do get an adder. It'll let you work your way to a cobra pretty quick and maybe even an asp, at which point you won't be caring much about interdictions any more, not even by drop ships or clippers.

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:41 pm

@HAMM3R :
I've been using a Hauler for quite some time in and around Eravate system at game start ( besides an upgraded Eagle for learning the fun hunting part...) I escaped 90% of interdictions and when I had to submit just boosted away ( it was equiped with chaff launcher and shield cell bank). You need to fly around with 4 pips to engines and 2 to systems.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

M. Kowalsky
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Matt Kowalsky

Postby M. Kowalsky » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Tough luck Hamm3r, hope you can recoup quickly.

HAMM3R wrote:Man, I wish FD would fix the AI so the NPC's would have at least some resemblance of intelligent behavior. Now they're nothing more than a nuisance that in worst case gets you killed for absolutely nothing.

I thought they got that part pretty close to what's happening in Open. Pretty well modeled on real-life Lulz Pirates I'd say

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Corsaire31 wrote:You need to fly around with 4 pips to engines and 2 to systems.

That is what I do. But for whatever reasons, maybe I just suck so bad, I can't seem to be able to escape the interdictions. Maybe twice during the whole time I've played E:D. The escape vector icon/thingy keeps bouncing around so fast there's no way I can keep up with it. Sometimes I can't even see it during the whole interdiction, lol!

I've also been killed many times immediately after dropping out of SC when submitting to the interdiction. No time to line myself up so I could shoot back or to do much anything for that matter.

Feels like the NPC's are the worst PK-trolls in the game :mrgreen:

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:03 pm

HAMM3R wrote:
Corsaire31 wrote:You need to fly around with 4 pips to engines and 2 to systems.

That is what I do. But for whatever reasons, maybe I just suck so bad, I can't seem to be able to escape the interdictions. Maybe twice during the whole time I've played E:D. The escape vector icon/thingy keeps bouncing around so fast there's no way I can keep up with it. Sometimes I can't even see it during the whole interdiction, lol!

I've also been killed many times immediately after dropping out of SC when submitting to the interdiction. No time to line myself up so I could shoot back or to do much anything for that matter.

Feels like the NPC's are the worst PK-trolls in the game :mrgreen:

Ah! There's your problem! You're evading! Simple answer? Don't. Soon as you see that interdiction notice, mash your zero-throttle key to submit. You'll fall out of supercruise into regular space, with the interdicting ship. Once that happens, full throttle and boost, then boost again. When you try to evade an interdiction and fail, it takes your FSD longer to cool down. If you submit, that cool down is MUCH shorter, allowing you to get away faster and easier.

[Edit] I can read honest. :oops: Nevermind. lol

BensonWinifred
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BensonWinifred

Postby BensonWinifred » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:37 pm

trading and participation in a civil war that broke out in the system I have been trading out of!

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Siobhan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Right now, trading, trying to look tempting to pirates, and looking for players to talk to...

I saw a CMDR Richards ... some-number about 15 minutes ago at Olivas City but was too slow to start a conversation... If you're here, "Hi"

Return to “General Discussion”