Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Loriath » Sat May 09, 2015 7:10 am

Myrm wrote:I see that some star systems say they are discovered by players. I'm trying to find a undiscovered one so that my name appears but I can't find any. :(

Most people think flat. You head out in the same verticals plane of where you are. Head up or down and get off the path that others use.

Head in a direction where there is not something to see. Explorers say "I want to go to this Nebula", well so does everyone else. Don't head straight to it.

You are on vacation, and live in London. You want to go to Rome, so what do you do? Hop on a plane and go straight to Rome. Imagine how much more you would see if you went to Rome by going to Belgium, then Germany, then Switzerland, then Austria, the Italy. Everyone else is on that plane, you are where they are not.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 09, 2015 7:21 am

But are undiscovered systems not on the Galaxy map? If they are then it means there known about and not undiscovered?

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Sat May 09, 2015 7:42 am

Myrm wrote:But are undiscovered systems not on the Galaxy map? If they are then it means there known about and not undiscovered?

The sytems are listed by star name or you wouldn't be a le to navigate to them. It's all the additional stars, planets etc in the systems that are really unknown.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 09, 2015 7:45 am

So I just head to a star system and scan it and see what happens? Will I get told if I get to discover a new planet or star? I have a advanced scanner thing and I'm always finding new planets and stuff but my name never appears on the Galaxy map.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby HAMM3R » Sat May 09, 2015 7:49 am

Myrm wrote:So I just head to a star system and scan it and see what happens? Will I get told if I get to discover a new planet or star? I have a advanced scanner thing and I'm always finding new planets and stuff but my name never appears on the Galaxy map.

You won't get your name attached to it until you sell the exploration data on a station/outpost. But if CMDR [X] has already been there, scanned the stars and planets and is selling the data by the time you scan them, he is credited for discovering them.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 09, 2015 7:50 am

Oh. KK. Thank you.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 am

Yay! I am vary happy.

I just did the 1000 light year trip back to Mars High and sold all my map data and I'm the first to discover:

Coalsack Sector RT-Q B5-0 B
Praea Euq OO-Q B6-0 B
Praea Euq OO-Q B6-0 B 1
Praea Euq JS B5-0 B
Praea Euq JS B5-0 C
Praea Euq JS B5-0 A 4
Praea Euq JS B5-0 B 1
Praea Euq JS B5-0 BC 1
Praea Euq JS B5-0 BC 2
Praea Euq JS B5-0 BC 4
Praea Euq VR-W C1-9

And I made about one million CR just by selling my map data

:D

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Sat May 09, 2015 8:44 am

Myrm wrote:But are undiscovered systems not on the Galaxy map? If they are then it means there known about and not undiscovered?

The sytems are all listed by star name or you wouldn't be able to navigate to them. It's all the additional stars, planets etc in the systems that are really unknown.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Just got interdicted and attacked by a CMDR as I made my way to a space station. He kept shouting at me to "STOP!" But I just boosted away from him and shouted back, "Attacking an unarmed ship? COWARD!" Then I super jumped out of there. :D

He's probably waiting for me now, with his friends for them to kill me.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat May 09, 2015 4:05 pm

I do hope that was not in mobius.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”