Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Zetr0 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Greetings fellow Commanders -o7-

So after 4 ( and abit more) hours, countless snako's and the company of good friends - we managed to make it to here

The Rock

#> Rock station - Chrysus Sector - Colonia Bubble

Greetings Colonia, its about time we met!

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:07 pm

Zetr0 wrote:@Commander tinitus -o7-

tinnitus wrote:I pledged allegiance to Aisling Duval, a leading member of the Imperial Empire who is against the practice of Imperial Slavery, she has founded a charity named Stop Slavery Stupid - I have been purchasing Imperial Slaves and Lethal Weapons in Empire space smuggling them into Federal Space killing some Empire Ships that I cannot escape from while commanding a Federal Corvette. Oxymoron??

I don't know overly why, but this pleases me =)

hehe. Greetings Cmdr Zetr0 Almost got my vette cooked today, arrived in a sector that prohibits possession of IMPS Slaves and I had a bunch. Submitted to a Conda Interdiction sent to kill me during the fight Security arrived, popped a sink then jumped out switching report crimes against me to OFF. Oops.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:46 am

Rayman wrote:Updated build.
https://s.orbis.zone/dqf0

Sensor is too weak. I'd recommend Long Range D-class. Next, the more shield you have, the longer it takes to recover from broken state. Right now you have 1:36 recovery time, which means you have to spend this time at least 3 km away from your target (see also - sensors range). I'd swap these both for [Guardian] Module Reinforcements. You can't run away before your shield drops, and one hit with rails or cannons may kill your modules or weapons.

I don't like being out of ammo mid-combat, so my bounty hunting Alliance Chieftain has all Effective Thermal Vent Beams with one small High Capacity Corrosive Multicannon. Wipe shields with beams, then add MC and target FSD then Powerplant.

Rayman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rayman.

Postby Rayman » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:52 am

raorn wrote:
Rayman wrote:Updated build.
https://s.orbis.zone/dqf0

Sensor is too weak. I'd recommend Long Range D-class. Next, the more shield you have, the longer it takes to recover from broken state. Right now you have 1:36 recovery time, which means you have to spend this time at least 3 km away from your target (see also - sensors range). I'd swap these both for [Guardian] Module Reinforcements. You can't run away before your shield drops, and one hit with rails or cannons may kill your modules or weapons.

I don't like being out of ammo mid-combat, so my bounty hunting Alliance Chieftain has all Effective Thermal Vent Beams with one small High Capacity Corrosive Multicannon. Wipe shields with beams, then add MC and target FSD then Powerplant.

On mobius discord they also said that I should use beam vents but I didn't want to because I use beams too much in general so I wanted to try something else. I tested and so far I have no problems. I had no problems dealing against the anaconda. As his shield collapsed, I was aiming at the power plant and he was destroyed with 80% hull left. I also did well against 2 wings. The coolest thing was that with only 1 pip in the gun, I could still shoot pulse lasers until the shield was removed and then the mcs did the rest. 2 pip weapon is enough to shoot for a very long time. I could get rid of the fsd intedictor and put the module reinforcements package (guardian) because the interdictor is rather for pvp.

I could put a long range sensor but I wanted have a reasonable jump range and most of time I fly in close range. Brawler as people call it.

I've been flying a lot in combat so I'm not too worried if something goes wrong. So I have some experience.
And last but not least, I use synths if I am out of ammo. Resources are not that expensive.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:32 pm

Greetings Commnaders -o7-

For what its worth I use a split-fire approach to combat as well, running Lasers for Shields and Mutli-Cannons for Hull damage, while the latter limits your time in the theater of combat, with patience and fire restraint when using the multi-cannon Dakka - you can really and easily command any threat or conflic / hazres zone.

The "Savage Wake" - Federal Corvette

Beam Lasers ( Efficient + Thermal Vent )
      3C ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ ]HP 3 ]
      2D ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ ]HP 4 ]
      2D ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ ]HP 5 ]

Mutli-Cannons ( Overcharged + Auto Loader )
      4A ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 1 ]
      4A ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 2 ]
      1G ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 6 ]

Mutli-Cannons
    ( Effcient + Corrosive )
      1G ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 7 ]

The weapons systems are being driven by Class [ 8A ] Power Dsitributor - Engineerd Grade 5 for Weapon Focused and Super Conduits - Rounding off the Dakka is a 6D Fighter bay With a 2x Tiapan F ( Fixed Beam SLF ) and the "Ever so helpful - when they want to be" Elite ranked NPC Pilot.

This often sits in a HazRes for about an hour without needing to synth or get Ammo - I find that I need to destroy on average 35 Pirates before I need to start synthing or re-supply - more often its for limpets and I usually stock 128 of them.

NB*
In the rare instance things get sticky ( in the Highest Threat Conflict Zone ) I have 2x 7A Shield Cell Banks to pop-in when needed - ( I have recently unlocked Mel Barndon in Colonia - so when I get back to the bubble - they are getting specalised Grade 4 lovin' )

Interestingly, I do run an 8A Sensor array that is Engineered to Grade 3 Long Range, as she is a "Hunter" its nice to know where the next meal is. The reason on the Grade 3 and not higher, is that each level increases the mass of the Sensors quite a bit, while the Corvette can take the mass, her agility and speed are noticably reduced. I tried D rated and increased range, but the Engineering costs didn't make sense compared to the A rated and only "half" engineerd - Even so she has a Sensor range of about 11.5KM which is 3 times my weapon range.... so theres that

It is a slightly different story with my Run-and-Gun Cargo-Cutter - she is primarily for jumping cargo for missions but has Very Sharp teeth for interdictions. Technically she is s Run-and-Gun Cargo Hauler, she is also split-fire with the following.

The "Void Wake" - Imperial Cutter

4A ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ HP 1 ]
      2D ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ HP 5 ]

Burst Lasers ( Effcient + Phase Sequence )
      2F ( Turreted ) Burst Laser [ HP 6 ]
      2F ( Turreted ) Burst Laser [ HP 7 ]

The ( Turreted ) Burst Lasers on the Nacelles of the Cutter are installed as it gets a lot more "hits on target" since the ( Gimbled ) varients cannot really "center" focus on target, with the Phasing Sequencing applied - by the time the target shields are down the targets Hull is about 85% - and that is when the Multi-Cannon's Spool up bellow -

Multi Cannons ( Overcharged + Auto Loader )
      3C ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 2 ]
      3C ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 3 ]

Multi Cannons ( Effcient + Corrosive Shell )
      2F ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 4 ]

Like the Savage Wake, the Void Wake has a Class [ 7A ] Power Dsitributor - Engineerd Grade 5 for Weapon Focused and Super Conduits. - Rounding off the Dakka is a 5D Fighter Bay With a Tiapan F ( Fixed Beam SLF ) and an Elite ranked NPC Pilot.

NB*
After runing missions in the Canopus System ( over 45,000 LS to Ramajams's base from the jump star a.k.a Interdiction Highway ) I had to install a Shield Cell Bank, as I was being Tagged - Teamed by Anaconda based Pirates - at one point I was interdicted over 13 times - to be fair I did have a "Full" Mission board and cargo to cash in...

I have a Similar Story for my Multi-Role Ananconda in Colonia - before you ask its multi role as its equipped with an SRV Bay ;)

The "Lost Wake" - Anaconda

4A ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ HP 1 ]
      2D ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ HP 5 ]
      2D ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser [ HP 6 ]

Burst Lasers ( Efficient + Phasing Sequence )
      1G ( Turreted ) Beam Laser [ HP 7 ]

Burst Lasers ( Efficient + Scramble Spectrum )
      1G ( Turreted ) Beam Laser [ HP 8 ]
NB*
The Burst Lasers on the Anaconda are in an "Awkward" spot on the hull to really have a good time on target so thats why they are Turreted being located just bellow the "Thrusters" - the Effects are really a bane to the Enemy NPC's while chipping away at their Hull as well as randomly shutting down their sub-systems.

On top of that we have my Favourite Part - the Multi-Cannon Dakka!!!

Multi Cannons ( Overcharged + Auto Loader )
      3C ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 3 ]
      3C ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 4 ]

Multi Cannons ( High Capacity *ammo* + Corrosive Shell )
      3C ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon [ HP 2 ]

I will point out that it is a noticable delay when pulling the trigger as these monsters spool up on target.... initially i was taken back a bit - however once I figured the delay - I now enjoy it as I count .... 1... 2... 3... and then three Class 3C Multi-Cannons Bark furiously into the void - like the three headed Ceberus of old eath stories - they savage pirates in moments...

The Weapons are driven by a Class [ 8A ] Power Dsitributor - Engineerd Grade 5 for Weapon Focused and Super Conduits. - Rounding off the Dakka is a 5D Fighter Bay With a Tiapan F ( Fixed Beam SLF ) and an Elite ranked NPC Pilot.

NB*
Depending the Theater I put her in I run 1 or 2 6A Shield Banks - not had to use them yet though..... the good thing about being Grade 4 - 6A Cell banks, you can pop 1 without a heat-sink launcher and it wont cook your boat...
Last edited by Zetr0 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:58 pm

Oooof, sorry for the wall of text commanders.....

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:35 pm

My opinion - Big Three sucks. A lot. Huge, slow and not fun to fly. Conda is my explorer, Cutter is for mining and cargo hauling, and I don't remember when I last used Vette.

Like to fly small fast ships like Chieftain (all-laser), Krait MkII (super shotgun frag cannons) and FDL (PA + rails). All-laser is relaxing, can spend hours in HazRES or doing massacre missions, but huge ships or civilians manage to escape. Adding single tiny corrosive MC changed everything. Since I use it only for lowering resistance - high capacity. Simple logic.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:41 pm

Been a big fan of Beam Lasers for years recently switched the Vette over to Pulse Laser G5 Rapid Fire with Scramble Spectrum on the 3 bigger mounts the rest Multi-cannons with the two "O's" Overcharged and Oversized, grade 5. Currently, trying on the Vette an almost vanilla Pulse build with 2 MC on the small mounts one Corrosive Shell. PVE NPC do not like Rapid Fire with Scramble Spectrum, the Lance now has 4 Pulse Lasers witha 4A MC O&O. Been playing this game since early 2015. Engineers available since May 16. I have engineered most stuff here including weapons (I should have a garage sale) but not Pulse Lasers which were back then the go-to Vulture guns for her weak reactor. Oh, well better late than never.
Last edited by tinnitus on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:49 pm

Greetings Commanders -o7-

Big ships are a different breed of animal compared to medium and subsequently small ships -

Medium Combat Ships -
I have an AX ( Ant-Xeno ) Krait Mk2 and she is all fixed Guardian Lances ( plasma ) and a Remote Release Flak Launcher - A very specific build for the Thargoid Dance...

Small Combat Ships -
Where as on my Vulture "Dead Meat" I am trying out -

3C [ Fixed ] Burst Laser ( Long Range + Phasing Sequence )
3C [ Fixed ] Burst Laser ( Long Range + Inertial Impact )

This build is mainly about range -
    Weapons Range of a little over 6KM before any Damage Fall off
    Kill Warrant Scanner with a Range of 5.5 KM
    A Sensors Range of 7.3KM

A boost speed of 550 m/s to help keep her distance - this is going to be a "fun" build to try out in a HazRes

As the saying goes.... "Git Gud or Die Tryin'" ... I most certainly suspect I will be fould of the the latter - but perhaps with a bit of luck and practice - maybe I can do both... ;)

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Zetr0 wrote:Greetings Commanders -o7- As the saying goes.... "Git Gud or Die Tryin'" ... I most certainly suspect I will be fould of the the latter - but perhaps with a bit of luck and practice - maybe I can do both... ;)

git-gud.png
There's dish·pan hands and Joysticks hands
git-gud.png (55.42 KiB) Viewed 6639 times
Image]

Return to “General Discussion”