Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Jockgit64 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Alright Squire!! or should I say Squire Jockgit.

Now working to get my knighthood :D

It also looks like it is going to kick off in the Cemeiss system, Civil War has broken out with the Imperial Faction and The Jets, if you are looking for a conflict zone to fight the good fight, for the glorius Empire, then I recommend heading out that way. :evil:

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Flip » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Cool, it's only a couple of jumps from where I am. Thanks for the heads-up, mate!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 am

You may now call me Sir Jockgit, Knight of the Glorius Achenar Empire. :D

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 am

Jockgit64 wrote:You may now call me Sir Jockgit, Knight of the Glorius Achenar Empire. :D

Well done, Sir! :D

Now I'm a Baron, but since it only took moving two tons of food (or whatever) to the next system, it really didn't feel like an achievement!. :(

They really need to improve that, IMO. I think it should take days and involve lots of kills or difficult missions to get up the ranks. And it should get harder and harder. At the moment, it seems to be the very opposite.

Space Cadet
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Space Cadet

Postby Space Cadet » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:18 pm

I've been mainly bounty hunting at a Nav Beacon in some far flung corner in Empire space.

I plan on looking for a low population independent system with Empire presence and attempt to increase Empire influence.

I'm an allied Lord with the Empire. Long Live The Empire!

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm in Summerland now doing some work for the Empire, Still a Lord but getting some nice rep. The ranking missions are a huge disappointment to be honest. To get promoted simply for transporting a few tonnes of stuff here or there is poor. Frontier should have held back on the military stuff until they had some decent missions sorted out. The only good one I've done so far was to assassinate a General who had clearly ticked someone off. Other than that it's either fetch and give or delivery missions. A bit of a let down to be honest. I'd hoped for hits on Federation scum types or go to a system and scan it to see what the stinking Feds are up to. So far it has all been pretty lame in my opinion.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:I'm in Summerland now doing some work for the Empire, Still a Lord but getting some nice rep. The ranking missions are a huge disappointment to be honest. To get promoted simply for transporting a few tonnes of stuff here or there is poor. Frontier should have held back on the military stuff until they had some decent missions sorted out. The only good one I've done so far was to assassinate a General who had clearly ticked someone off. Other than that it's either fetch and give or delivery missions. A bit of a let down to be honest. I'd hoped for hits on Federation scum types or go to a system and scan it to see what the stinking Feds are up to. So far it has all been pretty lame in my opinion.

I agree. Where are the missions that involve spying on other planets, espionage and subterfuge. I hope they revamp this area when they they implement planetary landings etc, as this area is severely lacking in the creativity department.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Not to mention that ranking in a faction should involve displeasing another. At the moment it seems that you can get up the ranks in all the faction at the same time, which unless you're a double (or triple) agent shouldn't be possible. It all feels like another set of placeholders, to be honest. But if that was good during betas when we expected wipes, it's definitely very bad now.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Crying. Just accidentally pressed the `thrusters` button while inside a station. Blew my Type-6 against the side of the wall near the exit, carrying over 400,000 credits worth of cargo. For me thats like, nearly two weeks worth of gaming.

Waaaaaa : :(

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:31 pm

"oops"

Return to “General Discussion”