What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: WTF Frontier? Triple interdicted by same guy, always back 100%?!

Postby blazingmaniac » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:29 pm

thebs wrote:I'm just flying around in a lightly outfitted Python, largely designed for jump distance and cargo capacity. I just have a pair of lightweight beams and a pair of efficient multi-cannons.

Being Expert, just 15ls from the station, I get interdicted by a Master FDL. I decide to challenge him, and despite him spamming SCB, I get him down to 34% hull while I'm still 55% shields. He bugs out before I can get his engines. No problem, continuing on.

Except not even 10 seconds later, he's back, before I can get to the station. But he's back 100% hull?!?!?! Now I whittle him back down, despite his SCB spamming again, and get him to 30% hull, before he bugs out. No problem, my shields are just about toast, quite annoying, but I continue on, I'm just about there.

Oh no ... he's back in another 10+ seconds! I cannot get to the f'ing station! And ... once again, he's 100% hull?!?!?! Now I'm pissed. I start running as my shields aren't even 20% yet. I have no SCBs or anything, it's not rigged for combat. Whew! An Anaconda just showed up, must be system security. Oh wait ... the Anaconda is firing on me?! WTF?!

Never killed the ED executable before with Task Manager ... first time I ever did so today. WTF Frontier?! 3 times, same guy, 100% hull restored after the first 2 within 15 seconds? WTF?! No way could he auto-repair in that time, or make it to a station and back! Not even remotely!

Yep that has to be one of the most annoying things in this game. Had that a couple of times in the past myself and it is always when you are in lesser outfitted ship it seems. If I recall I was in a python as well when I had the same. My attacker was a FGS this time though and same scenario. Really really annoying. Unfortunately I lost the ship as I was not quick enough to quit out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:31 pm

thebs wrote:...He bugs out before I can get his engines. No problem, continuing on.

Except not even 10 seconds later, he's back, before I can get to the station. But he's back 100% hull?!?!?! ...

It's this crap that makes me want to quit this game until it's fixed. Hopefully this is some of the core game improvements they are planning for after 2.4 drops. This has only been a problem for 2 years and they still don't think it's important enough to fix. Instead they decide to drop your heat sinks from 3 to 2. :(

Oh well, I saw my first CMDR - rubber bandy ships - out in Colonia since March 4, according to my comms contact page. We both appeared to be landing at the same outpost. I was just sending an o7 to Pam D when I dropped into glide and that was all she wrote. :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 pm

An Elite NPC Combat FDL with a great Scoop, fast cool down FSD that can Chase/Interdict you for 160+LY. I thought we use to have 4 Heat Sinks.
Last edited by tinnitus on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 pm

tinnitus wrote:...I thought we use to have 4 Heat Sinks.

We did, but FD nerfed it down to two to reduce shield cell spamming.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Dusted off the old Vette for the first time in ages and realised I still only had a grade 1 mod on the shields. Seemed like an ideal time to finally unlock Lei Cheung (I'm very lazy when it comes to the RNGineers), I have to say I was very surprised how little time it took to get from Grade 1 to Grade 5, only 5 or 6 rolls at each level. It's ages since I levelled an Engineer, but I'm sure it used to take a lot longer, anyway not going to complain.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

tinnitus wrote:An Elite NPC Combat FDL with a great Scoop, fast cool down FSD that can Chase/Interdict you for 160+LY. I thought we use to have 4 Heat Sinks.

Yeah, apparently that was considered to good and they removed a sink.
There is an engineer who can give it back but the data scans he require for unlock are rarer than diamonds in dog poop.

Personally.
Decided it was time to start the engineering mallarky on my second account since my main is parked up on eagles landing.

So off to the Pleiades to grab some meta alloy.
Since I'm a cheap bastard I head for the currently buzzing barnacles site.
I land at the site in mobius, switch to solo to grab some uninterrupted meta alloys and switch back.
Pull the buggy back in and just as I was about to take off the hud goes screwy.

And yup, in comes the daffodil to do it's thing.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
thebs wrote:...He bugs out before I can get his engines. No problem, continuing on.

Except not even 10 seconds later, he's back, before I can get to the station. But he's back 100% hull?!?!?! ...

It's this crap that makes me want to quit this game until it's fixed. Hopefully this is some of the core game improvements they are planning for after 2.4 drops. This has only been a problem for 2 years and they still don't think it's important enough to fix. Instead they decide to drop your heat sinks from 3 to 2. :(

Oh well, I saw my first CMDR - rubber bandy ships - out in Colonia since March 4, according to my comms contact page. We both appeared to be landing at the same outpost. I was just sending an o7 to Pam D when I dropped into glide and that was all she wrote. :roll:

Oh man, it's getting better!!! Back from the dead! Can't kill them enough times!

Oh, they've also managed to have the regression where they shoot at you near a station, and even though you're 10km out, when you shoot them, you get the bounty! W-T-F?!
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

lilmisschloe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Chloe Bateman

Postby lilmisschloe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey guys and girls, right now I just recently got the Anaconda, so Im in Quince running massacre missions, to try and boost the creds to upgrade my new ship. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Added a few bits so far.....its hella expensive though as you all know haha.

Any suggestions on what I SHOULD get that is highly recommended?

CMDR Chloe Bateman :)

xx

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:35 pm

lilmisschloe wrote:Hey guys and girls, right now I just recently got the Anaconda, so Im in Quince running massacre missions, to try and boost the creds to upgrade my new ship. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

xx

I personally always go for the core modules first, get the power and jump range sorted, then work from there depending on the role you are doing. Sensors are not really an essential, certainly not 8A at the outset anyway.

Power plant, best you can get, FSD and engineer it if you can immediately. Distributor and Shields + shield boosters then weapon loadouts. Beyond that that finish off the remaining bits as and when creds are available but always making sure you have insurance cover. When the Class A modules start getting fitted the insurance goes up significantly so keep a check on it.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 pm

lilmisschloe wrote:Hey guys and girls, right now I just recently got the Anaconda, so Im in Quince running massacre missions, to try and boost the creds to upgrade my new ship. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

xx

Congrats on the Conda! :D

As for recommendations, it all depends on what you plan on doing with the new beast. I'd get an A rated FSD for sure. If you're going to focus on combat (guessing here since you're running MM's) then I'd start with A rated shield booster, B power plant (plenty of juice there until you get some real high end loadouts), A rated power distro and thrusters, and you could start with a set of gimballed pulses until you have the cash and desire for some different weapons.

If you give us some specifics of ship roll and budget, we can probably fine tune the priorities a bit. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”