What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

WTF are those Classified Data Scanbanks?

Postby thebs » Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Classified Data Scanbanks ... Scanbust

Since returning to the bubble from Colonia, I've spent the last few weeks trying to get Classified Data Scanbanks so I can unlock Ram Tah. I'm at 27 delivered, need 23 more. I started with 24 (probably stupidly dumped some prior), and I've spent about 30 hours scanning every freak'n transport (among others) in Contested, Outbreak and other systems, including those with large (billions) populations, and I got a whole, single scan (3).

Any pointers?

Back to Ranking Up for Empire ... Still Outsider

I'm back to ranking up for Empire, as I want to visit Tiana Fortune in Achenar. I'm kinda at a loss as it seems to be incredibly hard to even get up to the point I can run a mission to increase my ranking. I've got 3 levels to rank up, so it's going to be awhile.

Any pointers?

First CG Since Leaving the Bubble ... Pythons are no Anacondas

I just entered entered my first CG in forever, now that I returned to the Bubble. I had some extra modules of lower class and weight, for my prior Colonia run in the Anaconda, so I configured my new Python with them. I needed a Python as the Empire's CG was to an outpost, and I got her up to around 35ly jump range (23ly laden).

[D-LST2] D-List Outhaul - https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/24659/224113/

She's still nothing like my Anaconda though, especially when I lighten her up to >50ly jump range.

[D-LST1] D-List Prime - https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/24659/103655/
Last edited by thebs on Tue May 30, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Re: WTF are those Classified Data Scanbanks?

Postby Cometborne » Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm

thebs wrote:Classified Data Scanbanks

Forget scanning ships, do settlement scans instead. Look for a piece of software named "ED Pathfinder", tell it where you are, tell it that you want classified scan databanks, that you do not want to fight, and it will spit out a list of planetary bases you should visit. It even copies the system names onto the clipboard.

Find a system with lots of imperial factions, preferably with an imperial controlling faction in a boom state. Start doing missions for them. Any missions you feel comfortable with - data courier, scans, deliver, fetch, mine, kill does not matter much. A completed mission is a completed mission, no matter how long it takes. Watch your Empire rank (!!! not reputation), when it hits 100%, you should get a mission with "imperial navy" in the title. Do this mission and you get promoted. You can only take the rank if you have a good reputation with the minor faction that issues it, so stay in one area and run missions for all the imperial factions until they all love you.

Don't be concerned if a rank mission does not show up even though you are at 100%, progress is carried over. Rank missions were bugged in 2.2 and only get fixed in 2.3, some people were able to gain several ranks in short order because they had so much progress piled up.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm

thebs wrote:Classified Data Scanbanks ... Scanbust

Since returning to the bubble from Colonia, I've spent the last few weeks trying to get Classified Data Scanbanks so I can unlock Ram Tah. I'm at 27 delivered, need 23 more. I started with 24 (probably stupidly dumped some prior), and I've spent about 30 hours scanning every freak'n transport (among others) in Contested, Outbreak and other systems, including those with large (billions) populations, and I got a whole, single scan (3).

Are you hitting the convoy beacons in outbreak systems? I recall it being a challenge to find a beacon sometimes (I think that most are within 1k ls of a planet or station) but once you find one..... it's open season on lots of data with all of the T-9's there.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... abanks-OMG

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... databanks/

You might want to try tourist beacons as well, scanning the Belugas and Orcas.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

thebs
Master
Master

Postby thebs » Tue May 30, 2017 1:00 am

Cometborne wrote:

Forget scanning ships, do settlement scans instead. Look for a piece of software named "ED Pathfinder", tell it where you are, tell it that you want classified scan databanks, that you do not want to fight, and it will spit out a list of planetary bases you should visit. It even copies the system names onto the clipboard.

Seems like it's unmaintained, and people are having issues. I also need to get other software installed to support it. Guess I need to invest in a lot of tools research too.

Cometborne wrote:

Find a system with lots of imperial factions, preferably with an imperial controlling faction in a boom state. Start doing missions for them. Any missions you feel comfortable with - data courier, scans, deliver, fetch, mine, kill does not matter much. A completed mission is a completed mission, no matter how long it takes. Watch your Empire rank (!!! not reputation), when it hits 100%, you should get a mission with "imperial navy" in the title. Do this mission and you get promoted. You can only take the rank if you have a good reputation with the minor faction that issues it, so stay in one area and run missions for all the imperial factions until they all love you.

Again, it's going up a lot, lot slower to 100%. People weren't kidding when they changed it to go up much more slowly.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

thebs
Master
Master

Postby thebs » Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 am

JohnLuke wrote:
thebs wrote:Classified Data Scanbanks ... Scanbust

Are you hitting the convoy beacons in outbreak systems? I recall it being a challenge to find a beacon sometimes (I think that most are within 1k ls of a planet or station) but once you find one..... it's open season on lots of data with all of the T-9's there.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... abanks-OMG

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... databanks/

Yep, constantly, over around 30 hours in game, almost entirely in Outbreak systems, usually Empire or Federation of 1 billion (or more) people.

I got a single scan (3) out of hundreds upon hundreds of systems. I finally just gave up and started doing something else.

JohnLuke wrote:You might want to try tourist beacons as well, scanning the Belugas and Orcas.

Yeah, I haven't tried that yet. Although scanning Belugas and Orcas haven't netted anything. I was thinking about barking outside of the Earth stations in Sol, just for the heck of it. At this point, nothing is working.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue May 30, 2017 6:42 am

thebs wrote:
Cometborne wrote:

Seems like it's unmaintained, and people are having issues. I also need to get other software installed to support it. Guess I need to invest in a lot of tools research too.

Are we talking about the same piece of software? The one I use is https://github.com/neotron/EDPathFinder, and that looks to be actively maintained and works just fine here without any other software (except E:D itself, of course) installed.

Playing Tomb Raider in an SRV, I needed way less than 30 hours to collect my 50 scan databanks. And figuring out how to scan the data points in the bases without setting off the defences/getting a bounty was a nice break in the usual routine.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Pam Demonium » Tue May 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Made it to Colonia, found I needed to bring a second ship out. So Im back in the bubble, and heading back.

Ready Eagle
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ready Eagle

Postby Ready Eagle » Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 pm

^^^ didn't make it to Coloina again... I was super charging my FSD only 3k out on Sunday and got to close. Now back at Rafferty's Mobius ..... and now going to take a long break from the game.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Tue May 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:Made it to Colonia, found I needed to bring a second ship out. So Im back in the bubble, and heading back.

Sorry for the n00bness, but, what is so great about Colonia?

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

thebs
Master
Master

Postby thebs » Tue May 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Cometborne wrote:Are we talking about the same piece of software? The one I use is https://github.com/neotron/EDPathFinder, and that looks to be actively maintained and works just fine here without any other software (except E:D itself, of course) installed.

Ahhh, Google gave me many links to an Android application. I didn't see that Qt-based application. Thanx for the link.

Cometborne wrote:Playing Tomb Raider in an SRV, I needed way less than 30 hours to collect my 50 scan databanks. And figuring out how to scan the data points in the bases without setting off the defences/getting a bounty was a nice break in the usual routine.

That's really what I'm looking for. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Return to “General Discussion”