Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Telengo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Been sat for two days attempting to get an invite for Engineer Liz Ryder. I have my reputation at the correct level but still no mission/invite. :( Really don't like this random effect for mission. Also sat on 100% Lord waiting for a rank up mission to Baron. :(

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Telengo wrote:Been sat for two days attempting to get an invite for Engineer Liz Ryder. I have my reputation at the correct level but still no mission/invite. :( Really don't like this random effect for mission. Also sat on 100% Lord waiting for a rank up mission to Baron. :(

Just to confirm, you are cordial with Eurybia Blue Mafia right? I recall my invitation mission for Liz popping up quickly after getting the required rep with EBM.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:07 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Telengo wrote:Been sat for two days attempting to get an invite for Engineer Liz Ryder. I have my reputation at the correct level but still no mission/invite. :( Really don't like this random effect for mission. Also sat on 100% Lord waiting for a rank up mission to Baron. :(

Just to confirm, you are cordial with Eurybia Blue Mafia right? I recall my invitation mission for Liz popping up quickly after getting the required rep with EBM.

Yes I am cordial and docked in one of the orbital stations in the Eurybia system. I spent all of yesterday doing missions for them and donating when a mission popped up. Even went to a station 266,000ls from the arrival point.....note check distance before accepting missions. :)

I did a few more missions this morning before work and still no mission. Will try again tomorrow.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:No engineer mods (not that anybody checks afaik), but you can A-rate a Sidey. I ended up selling off an A0 shield booster to lose some weight, so I had a couple hundred K extra credits, but the spirit is to not leave with millions of credits.

I want to clear save and do the challenge. At the same time I don't want to throw away all the stuff, ranks and permits I've collected over time.. Then again the permits are useless in Colonia.. Also I have too much stuff, well, 7 ships total but it feels like a lot. Losing Cutter might hurt the most as it is the best most spacious hauler in the game at the moment.

But on the other hand.. What do I do in the bubble? Missions, normal and passenger, cg:s, sometimes even a bit of shooting in resource sites.. And it all just ends up to be collecting credits. And I have plenty already. So why wouldn't I go for it.. I guess it's hard to let go of all the stuff.

Here's what I already have planned for the Sidewinder.
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/sidewin ... =Outlander

I guess I could lose one heat sink to gain more range, and hope that the remaining one can be restocked at the outposts if needed.

I also need to check what is available at the station in Colonia. I do like Python and Anaconda and can see myself flying those ships again but getting them from the old bubble takes a lot of time. Module availability is a question mark too..

Anyway.. It is a big decision even if it is only a game. But having sunk so much time into current commander already...
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Just completed a sight seeing passenger meeting, four stops, the furthest was 500ly away, all for just under 34M

Added 18% to my Pioneer explorer rank
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:11 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Anyway.. It is a big decision even if it is only a game. But having sunk so much time into current commander already...

That's pretty much why I got a 2nd account a month or so ago. I didn't want to give up my current 'goodies', but wanted to feel the struggle of starting fresh.

Plus with two accounts I can have one out deep space exploring and the other in the bubble so I can pew pew anytime. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:14 pm

I'll just leave these here....

-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:21 pm

JohnLuke wrote:That's pretty much why I got a 2nd account a month or so ago. I didn't want to give up my current 'goodies', but wanted to feel the struggle of starting fresh.

Plus with two accounts I can have one out deep space exploring and the other in the bubble so I can pew pew anytime. 8-)

That would be the best way. But it's 49.99€ now.. It's a bit too much for that luxury for me right now.

JohnLuke wrote:I'll just leave these here....

Congratulations x3 :)
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:42 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:I want to clear save and do the challenge.

I'll just say that I had the most fun in this game climbing the ranks, but once there - meh.
When I started over, it was fun again - but I guess it depends on what you find fun.

I've only been out in Colonia a few hours. It will make a nice base for exploration :roll:. You can do mining. You can RES hunt. You can trade, but the highest profit I've seen so far is 1k/T one way, and .5k/T going back, and there is not a lot of quantity, so those trades may not stand up. There are even a few missions available. I think progress will go more slowly than in the bubble, but that just means more time having fun climbing the ranks.

I think the only ships available are the Sidey, Eagle, Hauler, T-6, and Viper III. So no fighters, which is a shame, because I wanted to learn mining with a fighter for protection, but that will have to wait.

From what I hear, and have seen, most modules are E & D rated for now, and weapons are limited. They have heat sinks, but no chaff.

But the area is growing. There will be 10 new outposts in the near future, with more to follow each month. Populations should grow, with more trade, more modules, more ships, and maybe even some engineers (at least I hope so).

So if you do this, don't think of it as losing a bunch of stuff. Think if it as being a newbie pioneer and starting a life outside of the bubble. I really don't understand the desire for multiple commanders, but whatever floats your boat ...

As for your Sidey build, I'd just drop the heat sinks - you'll appreciate the extended range. I crashed into a few suns on my trip, getting distracted by TV or my stupid stuck throttle, and I just turned around and SCd out of there. The emergency stop would cause 1-2% module damage, but I don't think I ever got any more damage from heat. Anyway, not enough to worry about when you can get repaired at outposts along the way.

PS. Congrats JL.

***edit***
PPS. You can get chaff in Colonia, just not at Jaques.
Last edited by Roger Wilco Jr on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to give this another go.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 pm

JohnLuke wrote:I'll just leave these here....

Congrats JL!!!!!
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Return to “General Discussion”