Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby KLED » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:59 am

Darr Valen wrote:Scooping at a beautiful A class star. Thanks me-from-the-past for remembering how much I enjoy ending a 1Ki-LY section at an A class star.

Wouldn't do it any other way.

The waypoint I hit at the end of last night had half a dozen metal-rich worlds and no rocky/icy bodies in sight, so I scanned the whole system. Not a bad way to end a session compared to most of the others.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:25 am

KLED wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Scooping at a beautiful A class star. Thanks me-from-the-past for remembering how much I enjoy ending a 1Ki-LY section at an A class star.

Wouldn't do it any other way.

The waypoint I hit at the end of last night had half a dozen metal-rich worlds and no rocky/icy bodies in sight, so I scanned the whole system. Not a bad way to end a session compared to most of the others.

Passed these beauties last night.

I frelling love Elite:Dangerous... though I have had to start wearing sunglasses instead of just gunnars due to the bright/blindingness of the stars in such quick repetition.

An O-Class Star with it's Binary Buddy, the B-Class star. I wish this was a trinary system with an A class too.

Anywho, 6,465.98LY left to Jaques.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Re: X-56 Hands-on, good Level 1 Overcharge roll ...

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:17 am

thebs wrote:But I want to get a good 2M exploration data to unlock Farseeker Level 5. Right now I'm Level 3 and 62% towards Level 4.

2 million will most likely not be enough for level 5. I had to spend about 3 million to get Martuuk from level 3/9% to level 4/2%, and another 12 million to get to level 5.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:02 am

Darr Valen wrote:Also consider the rewards for the Jaques CG are just utter junk. I made millions for delivering a few scans, but only going to make afew thousand for delivering stuff 22kLY.

The real reward will be having a functional outpost at this location.

Darr Valen wrote:I noticed the progress went from nothing to almost tier 2 overnight, so the first wave of fast haulers arrived.

The change of progress was the first wave of clues arriving in the CG department at FDev despite heavy point defence. FDev have now adjusted the tier levels for the CG after more than one player pointed out that using the standard tier levels from hauling CGs in the bubble for a CG with a 22 kly run was not really appropriate.

Darr Valen wrote:AS crazy as this trip has been, I am considering a second delivery run.. I must be mad.

If I include the original rescue run, I am on my second run out to Jaques now, and I am planning to keeping looping between the bubble and Jaques until convoy 2 finally sets out. If the rumours are correct, there will be a mining CG at Jaques after the hauling one, and since I need to do some mining anyway for an RNGineer unlock, well...

To revive the tired old cavalry joke: "Half a dozen times to Jaques", by Major Assburns.

Darr Valen wrote:8,246.68LY to Jaques.

7366.07 LY to go, looks like arrival on Friday, and back in the bubble on Sunday or Monday.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 am

Darr Valen wrote:Sorry to say, video is private.

Hmm, I thought videos were always available when you had the URL? I set it to unlisted now.

Darr Valen wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't I get an invite to a new engineer kafter going 5KiLY from start? I'm at almost 10KiLY from start now, and I've yet to get any incoming message. I was assuming I have to dock somewhere first potentially.

Palin has a 5000 LY unlock requirement, but you need the reference from Marco Qwent also. And Qwent will only give you the reference if you are well into level 3. The complete sequence is:

- travel more than 300 LY from your starting location to get an invite from Martuuk
- provide three Soontill Relics to unlock Martuuk
- sell exploration data to Martuuk or craft modules at her base until she introduces you to Qwent
- grind missions for the Sirius cooperation until you get the Sirius system permit and the invitation to Qwent
- provide 25 modular terminals to unlock Qwent
- sell commodities to Qwent or craft modules at his base until he introduces you to Palin
- travel more than 5000 LY from your starting location to get the invite from Palin
- provide 25 unknown fragments to unlock Palin

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:50 am

I read in the other forum that they will reduce the requirements for engineer access on 2.1.05. Let's see...

I need to get my hands on some Polymer Capacitors so I will head towards Exioce to help The Order in the War...two birds with one stone :)
If anyone cares to wing up tonight after 22:00 CET
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon

Postby Geopan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am

pargyrak wrote:I read in the other forum that they will reduce the requirements for engineer access on 2.1.05. Let's see...

I need to get my hands on some Polymer Capacitors so I will head towards Exioce to help The Order in the War...two birds with one stone :)

I'll join you compadre! :lol:
I don't care for your Order though... ;)

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:57 am

Geopan wrote:
pargyrak wrote:I read in the other forum that they will reduce the requirements for engineer access on 2.1.05. Let's see...

I'll join you compadre! :lol:
I don't care for your Order though... ;)

Excellent! Will try to start earlier like 22:00 Greek time but I can't guarantee since wife booked me for a small birthday party

There is nothing to gain for the order. I just need some Polmer Capacitors and from what I read Cutters drop them when blown to pieces...:)

Plus it is always fun to blow up things, and a good test for the pimped Vette (Shields at 3737)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Cometborne wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Sorry to say, video is private.

Hmm, I thought videos were always available when you had the URL? I set it to unlisted now.

Darr Valen wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't I get an invite to a new engineer kafter going 5KiLY from start? I'm at almost 10KiLY from start now, and I've yet to get any incoming message. I was assuming I have to dock somewhere first potentially.

Palin has a 5000 LY unlock requirement, but you need the reference from Marco Qwent also. And Qwent will only give you the reference if you are well into level 3. The complete sequence is:

- travel more than 300 LY from your starting location to get an invite from Martuuk
- provide three Soontill Relics to unlock Martuuk
- sell exploration data to Martuuk or craft modules at her base until she introduces you to Qwent
- grind missions for the Sirius cooperation until you get the Sirius system permit and the invitation to Qwent
- provide 25 modular terminals to unlock Qwent
- sell commodities to Qwent or craft modules at his base until he introduces you to Palin
- travel more than 5000 LY from your starting location to get the invite from Palin
- provide 25 unknown fragments to unlock Palin

I was worried that was the case.. Blergh. Oh well. At least I can hit the neutron star field on the way back to Jaques on trip 2.

Cometborne wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Also consider the rewards for the Jaques CG are just utter junk. I made millions for delivering a few scans, but only going to make afew thousand for delivering stuff 22kLY.

The real reward will be having a functional outpost at this location.

Darr Valen wrote:I noticed the progress went from nothing to almost tier 2 overnight, so the first wave of fast haulers arrived.

The change of progress was the first wave of clues arriving in the CG department at FDev despite heavy point defence. FDev have now adjusted the tier levels for the CG after more than one player pointed out that using the standard tier levels from hauling CGs in the bubble for a CG with a 22 kly run was not really appropriate.

Darr Valen wrote:AS crazy as this trip has been, I am considering a second delivery run.. I must be mad.

If I include the original rescue run, I am on my second run out to Jaques now, and I am planning to keeping looping between the bubble and Jaques until convoy 2 finally sets out. If the rumours are correct, there will be a mining CG at Jaques after the hauling one, and since I need to do some mining anyway for an RNGineer unlock, well...

To revive the tired old cavalry joke: "Half a dozen times to Jaques", by Major Assburns.

Darr Valen wrote:8,246.68LY to Jaques.

7366.07 LY to go, looks like arrival on Friday, and back in the bubble on Sunday or Monday.

You're going off old information there ;) 6,465.98LY left to Jaques, as of last night.

I get that the main benefit is a working station, but the incentive for RP reasons is quite low. I also read that they recalculated the requirements since they were unrealistic to the CG. There's a giant thread abouit all this on FD forums, and they have the responses of the devs stating as such.

I don't mind the low credit payout.. I really don't need it. I just hope that the recalc doesn't also recalc what the station will get in upgrades as such.

At this rate, I expect to arrive Friday morning. I'm not really into burning myself out going as fast as possible, so I figure I can get 4,000LY today without really grinding. Sometimes I leave my ship flying in superluminal flight just to read shitposts, articles, get some work done,or catch up on a show.

At the end of the day, I'd rather be out here in the 'verse, flying to deliver parts to an independent station, that fighting the proxy wars of the main factions, or delivering them goods to build more ships.. I've no interest in the wreck that is PP, nor the factions that demand progress.

also, FRAK. Timing.. Server going down for an update in a little while..

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:08 pm

The patch is rolling in now.

Looks like engineer material drops is being trippeled, don't know about recipies yet.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”