Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby thebs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:06 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Just under 8.5m for the BH CG in Carthage, puts me in the top 10 cmdrs.

Do you people sleep? :P
That CG started ... what, some 36 hours ago?
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Errr....

Not sure really.......

Tried to land on a cutter.......

Boost flipped a buggy with my ship........

Scanned some shit.......

Shot some shit.....

And that's about it.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:22 am

Darwin wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Lakon Delta-Alpha-Romeo signing off.

Thats one of my call-signs :D

Gutamaya Delta-Alpha-Romeo at the moment though...

I wish I was Gutamaya Delta-Alpha-Romeo.. I miss my Cutter.

In other news, finally made it out to the Witchhead Nebula, and found the barnacles that Cometborne so awesomely supplied. It was.. it was freakin' awesome. Following the path of the canyon, and I turn 30º to follow a new arm of the canyon, and I see this eerie green glow..
I was covered in xenoblood splatter after 15 minutes.. Why can't I fight my human instinct to kill all aliens!?!

After doing so, it made me wonder if Frontier would be forward-thinking enough to flag any character that's killed a barnacle, and make them an enemy of the incoming xenolife. It would be pretty meta to be tagged in game for doing such small things.

Now, back to Shinrarta to collect my Exploraconda and head out again. Need to do a 5kLY trip for an engineer anyway. Either that, or I'll hop into my Imperial Courier Scanning Vessel. So nimble and awesome, great for local system scans. Hoping to hit Ranger tonight/this morning. I wish we could see what the cumulative value of our collected data was, so we could decide when to head back in better.

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:12 am

I'm 1/22 of the way to Jaques for this resupply mission with a Cutter-load of power generators, progress is a bit slow because I keep stopping to scan things. I've never been further than Betelgeuse before today.

1000ly from home.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:51 am

The 3303 Bat Edition Explorer, from Lakon. Starting at $6,600,000.
(Fully equipped model as shown, MSRP $96,102,982)

Seriously though, how beautiful are A type stars? I'm about back from WH Nebula now, and I'm hoping I am correct in thinking this sytem I am heading to is totally unscanned, and will forever be tagged by me! :D

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:27 am

Darr Valen wrote:Seriously though, how beautiful are A type stars?

By far my most favorite type of star
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm giving serious consideration to joining the CG to Jaques Station. As such, I've been doing some tinkering to refit my Cargo Cutter to a Long-Distance-Hauler.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cut ... o%20Cutter

I'd appreciate some feedback on this build. It has a good bit of range, along with a decent cargo load. I was trying to stay above 18.5LY laden. AS it stands, it's 320t of cargo, 128t Fuel, a 6A scoop, 4G Hangar, 10 jumps worth of fuel @211LY laden, at 18.5LY max single unaided jump.

I know the Anaconda is generally considered the top end of explorers, but I figure I could get a good bit of MA's transferred if I am cautious, and do some scanning along the way, deep scans on the way home.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Well, took a couple of Data Delivery Missions and Data Salvage Missions... all was well until I got to the Salvage Missions... Wing of 5 turned up to play..so, Code 39..(Run away..!!) :shock:

No worries, try again.. Wing of 3 - Conda and co. not happy chappies!! Code 39 (Run away..!!) :shock:

So... ;) I told Tor on them... :D

:D Wing of 3 - vapourized by Tor. :evil:

Moral of the story - Tor - never leave home without one...!! ;) ;)

Thanks Tor :P

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Looks pretty good, it should make it just fine. Here's mine:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cut ... 20(Current)

That's the one I plan on taking for the big tour if we ever get around to it. I didn't bother to redesign it for a supply run to Jaques, I just swapped a couple of parts around to hold more cargo, filled up on power generators and left. I opted to leave all of the weapons and everything installed just in case I couldn't be bothered making the trip back to the Bubble and decided to hang around until Jaques is fully up and running with its own little Bubble, apparently that's the eventual plan for it. The next update is meant to let us pay to have our ships moved, so if the price is reasonable (for that huge distance) I might move everything over there permanently, we'll see what happens.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:34 pm

I plan to join that CG also once I am back in the bubble (on the way back from Jaques via Sag A* and the GA at the moment, still about 3KLY out) and have given the FSD some RNGineer attention. My current planned build, based on my experience of taking an AspX out there:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cut ... cutter-v2b

Yes, the jump range sucks, but I have already unlocked level 5 with Farseer, and the exploration data from this trip should be enough to unlock level 5 with Martuuk as well.

Some feedback on your build:
- Replacing the 6A thrusters with 7D will give you higher speed and a better jump range.
- Replacing the 5A AFMU with a 5B AFMU saves money and gives more repair "ammo". There is no weight penalty since the AFM weighs 0.
- if you want to go to Jaques and back for the CG, the fuel tank and the SRV hangar are superfluous. The star density is good, I never went half full on the AspX, and that was more the route plotter rather than a lock of scoopable stars. And you do not need a SRV to participate.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “General Discussion”