Only cargo. Not materials

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby charlie2alpha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:22 am

pargyrak wrote:These new NPCs are really aggressive. I have been chased by an Elite Anaconda for thousand of LSs while scanning a system in my Vette.

I need to get my Multiple role Vette (used to hunt for engineer data) more combat ready but I run out of money so I wanted to downgrade my FDL and Asp Explorer but as they do not have any cargo space and I am carrying rare to find cargo..... grrrrrr!

Anyone up to trading 2xPraseudonium with 2xYttrium that I am looking for? (Is it possible to discard and scoop materials BTW?)

Interesting, and it only reaffirms my decision to use my fully armed anaconda when I set out for my long exploration trip. Crap jump range, but will ensure it won't end prematurely with a rebuy screen.

Hmm, or I can reduce some weight while still keeping the weapons. I'll have to see.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:11 am

Cometborne wrote:
My gut feeling is that this is not something I want to take trading in a 2.1 world without some changes. Two point defence turrets near the rear are on the list, but that is pocket change. Any other changes you can already recommend? I do have about 400M on hand, and I'd rather spend that on equipment than insurance.

I haven't had any trouble to speak of with interdictions. I was leary about it in the new 2.1 environment, but it's been 'business as usual' on the trade runs. I've been interdicted by an Elite FDL and Elite conda (twice), but I just submit, boost, boost, start FSD, boost, and it's bye-bye. I presume that the NPC's that are interdicting me are Elite due to my combat rank.

Here is my trade Cutter configuration. Yup, you're right.... no weapons on board. I used to have a full set of turreted lasers on it, but they kill so slowly that I was taking more damage by fighting than just running from interdictions, so I removed them.

While we're on the subject of interdictions, Vindicator Jones just posted a new video about interdiction survival here. Good stuff.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:17 pm

I hardly ever boost and jump away from an interdicton, afterall an elite conda/fdl usually has a nice bounty on them. I've not been chased to the next system let alone thousands of lightyears, only time that happened in pre-engineers is when you abandoned/failed a mission they sent somebody to teach you a lesson and that was bugged since you would kill them and then they would just resurrect and keep following you.

I upgraded my exploration conda so it has 42.88ly jump range, I'm guessing some elite conda pirate would not be able to keep up unless it cheats...

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 pm

KLED wrote:It's just like any other ship; submit to the interdiction (hope the minigame lets you without screwing you over like it always does), boost away and high wake.

I always submit to interdiction as well, and a work-around I found in 2.0 is still working almost all the time: Hit X on the keyboard (throttle zero) when you get the interdiction message to submit, then do any other things you want to (H to get the nearest hostile, adjust pips, ...), then hit X again, possibly several times until you are in normal space. Result: no time in the spin cycle, and the short FSD cool-down period.

My totally unscientific theory is that the 'has submitted' flag gets overwritten by other commands given, or spurious throttle input from the joystick throttle, and hitting X again (and again) ensures that it gets set again.

However, one detail question: Do you really high wake, so jump to another system, or do you rather low wake back into SC? Yes, high wake is not subject to mass lock like low waking is, but there are not many ships that can mass lock an imperial cutter ;)
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello,

Beginning to think that if we ever get invaded by alien lifeforms, they are going to be water based (or ammonia based) lifeforms from a gas giant planet.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:16 pm

I had to run from the Elite Anaconda because I was flying a Vette with modified shields that were consuming too much power and failed and as a resut I lost 50% of my hull.
Now I took out the modification and got better shields, PP and PD Still I manage a semi decent 15ly which is fin hopping in the bubble and exploring trying to get materials for the engineers.

Now in a hotel room with a Mad Catz FLY 5 horrible joystick and my trusted laptop trying to cope with horizons.... Getting hot :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:19 am

Cometborne wrote:However, one detail question: Do you really high wake, so jump to another system, or do you rather low wake back into SC? Yes, high wake is not subject to mass lock like low waking is, but there are not many ships that can mass lock an imperial cutter ;)

Depends. My trade routes are usually 1-3 jumps, so sometimes I'm ready to go to another system anyway. If the pirate gets me multiple times and I'm not very close to the station I sometimes do it just to get them away from me. Other than that, sometimes it's just out of habit, but it doesn't really happen that much anymore no matter what I fly.

Soup Grelos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Soup Grelos

Postby Soup Grelos » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Hey folks, im right now doing some underminig at apalok system. Feel free to join to wing up. Merits and nice uograding mats

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Yesterday I went from Cemiess to Altair, to Tau Ceti back to Cemiess , during the return the game did not drop me out of HD knowing there was disconnection I just let it continue, had a coffee, wrote one email then closed ED. My questions are why do you all look older today and when did Donald Trump become President?
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”