Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:53 pm

I must admit that I was pretty frustrated with the NPC's when 2.1 came out. I parked my Vette for a week, and just ran missions for OoM in my trusty Python when I felt like firing up E-D.

I got excited when I read the details of today's patch, as well as the server side changes to NPC weapons related engineer upgrades the other day.

So.... I took the Vette for a run in a High-RES when I got home from work.... and now I've got a big ol' grin on my face! :D The NPC's are still tougher than in 2.0, but much more manageable. Now granted, in 2.0 I hunted in Haz-RES and today I was in a High-RES, but with the increased maneuverability and fire power of the NPC's I'm appreciative for the cops help. ;)

The smaller ships will circle you quite a bit and pack a punch, no doubt. BH is certainly more challenging than in 2.0, but now (at least for me) it's fun and not frustrating like it was when 2.1 went live.

I'm back to bounty hunting and I have a renewed interest in playing E-D! 8-)

If you're interested, here's a 2:30 video of me and the cops taking on an Elite Python and his two Asp wingmen. One of the Asp's was nearly dead when the video starts, but you'll get the idea. Much more fun pirate killing than last weekend!! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:18 pm

JohnLuke wrote:I must admit that I was pretty frustrated with the NPC's when 2.1 came out. I parked my Vette for a week, and just ran missions for OoM in my trusty Python when I felt like firing up E-D.

I got excited when I read the details of today's patch, as well as the server side changes to NPC weapons related engineer upgrades the other day.

So.... I took the Vette for a run in a High-RES when I got home from work.... and now I've got a big ol' grin on my face! :D The NPC's are still tougher than in 2.0, but much more manageable. Now granted, in 2.0 I hunted in Haz-RES and today I was in a High-RES, but with the increased maneuverability and fire power of the NPC's I'm appreciative for the cops help. ;)

The smaller ships will circle you quite a bit and pack a punch, no doubt. BH is certainly more challenging than in 2.0, but now (at least for me) it's fun and not frustrating like it was when 2.1 went live.

I'm back to bounty hunting and I have a renewed interest in playing E-D! 8-)

If you're interested, here's a 2:30 video of me and the cops taking on an Elite Python and his two Asp wingmen. One of the Asp's was nearly dead when the video starts, but you'll get the idea. Much more fun pirate killing than last weekend!! 8-)

I have to agree. This evening did a bit of CZ for the Order, then spent a bit of time in a Hi-RES, the NPCs were entertainingly difficult and I made around a million in bounties (with a bit of Police assistance ;) ), picked up a delivery mission for the Order for a tad under 900K, and the station I delivered it to had another delivery mission for 1.2M. Got interdicted by three Adders on this one, lost a couple of shield rings but the old Python handled herself like the good old girl she is.

ED has got more dangerous, but has got more entertaining with it. :D

Edit: CZ and RES in Vette, missions in Python
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:42 am

Xebeth wrote:ED has got more dangerous, but has got more entertaining with it. :D

Agreed. I decided to head toward Exioce to help out at the CZ, and chose Sol as one of my refueling stops. After a couple of jumps a Cobra interdicts me (in my Python). It was a tough slog, but I got the better of him and earned a few materials to boot. However, I ended up getting my Power Distributor completely disabled. :shock:

Luckily I only had a couple of jumps to Sol at that point, and got in-system with no problem. I had planned to go to Abraham Lincoln to sell, and was interdicted by a FAS just short of the station, in Earth's shadow.

I normally have trouble with an FAS, and my ship was not exactly in fighting trim, so I chose to make a hasty exit after my FSD recovered. The bastage managed to interdict me again before I could drop out at the station.

When your Power Distributor is gone, nothing recharges, so I could not boost away from the FAS, and my engines were not getting full power. This was not an optimal situation. This time I randomly chose another system and went to witch-space. All I could do was watch the FSD charge up, spam chaff, and barrel-roll and thrust downward while the FAS pounded my ship. I got out with about 30% hull left and fortunately picked an empty system as a destination.

I caught my breath for a second (which wasn't easy because my canopy was also gone), then jumped back to Sol. This time I went to the nearest station for repairs, then moved on to Lincoln. The repair bill was about 330K, which I guess was low considering that my 7A distributor was completely gone.

To tie this back to the original quote, this was indeed heart-poundingly exhilarating. I also learned something about bugging out more quickly, and the lesson cost much less than it could have.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

deathcry
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: deathcries
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby deathcry » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:18 am

i am mostly trading doing bb missions to save up enough money for insurance for my python, would hate to lose it after took me awhile to get it. i also plan on landing on some planets and exploring them since horizons launched on x1.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:56 am

I see encouraging stories here, I'm thinking to get back out there, get my vette and find some huge MCs for it.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:03 am

charlie2alpha wrote:I see encouraging stories here, I'm thinking to get back out there, get my vette and find some huge MCs for it.

Do it bud. :) Pirate hunting now is more challenging than pre-engineers, but mostly in a good way.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:31 am

Getting an in-game error message I had not seen before: "Body exclusion zone hit". Location: 24 km away from Maia B

Did some tests, and you cannot traverse even at full boost of a Cobra Mk III, but you can shoot a cargo canister in there. Only travels about 4.2km before it slows to a stop. Retrieval was not an option, obviously.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:45 am

Spent some time in the low intensity CZ in Exioce, fighting for OoM. It went better than I expected, especially being solo. (where is everybody?)

The Asp's seem to be fond of ramming in the CZ now, and the Vultures and Eagles circled me like crazy. It made for an interesting challenge, but not so much to where it pissed me off. ;)

Good..... hard..... fun. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:21 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Spent some time in the low intensity CZ in Exioce, fighting for OoM. It went better than I expected, especially being solo. (where is everybody?)

The Asp's seem to be fond of ramming in the CZ now, and the Vultures and Eagles circled me like crazy. It made for an interesting challenge, but not so much to where it pissed me off. ;)

Good..... hard..... fun. :D

I was wondering the same thing yesterday i went to CZ. I probably be in CZ later today, hope there is plenty of other commanders to wing up with.

BTW, it sure feels Corvette needs those turrets with new AI flying those pesky smaller ships.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:57 pm

I have been running med turreted Beams. seems to work.

I am at the CNB in Asphodel

Return to “General Discussion”