Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Keep waiting CMDR TheBS, upgrade/update did install after five or so LOOPS but the Launcher sitting there not doing anything after I press Play. Chit, may as well wait not much sense pulling in a Drive Backup as that would be broken after an install attempt. Has been an interesting, costly Elite Week. Guess I may has well go play Online Poker
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby KLED » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:47 pm

I just lost my Clipper to a Cobra MkIII in the shortest fight of my career. The bastard interdicted me and had my shields down before I had even regained control, then in the time I took to swing around to fight back he rammed me and destroyed my ship. I only had that Clipper for about an hour, if that. It's not so much the 1.6M rebuy that annoys me, it's the loss of the exploration data I was on my way to sell at Farseer Inc. Luckily I had just given all of my bounty vouchers to that other engineer, I've been carrying around a couple hundred thousand because I'm never in Alliance space to turn them in.

Frontier is refunding all of the insurance claims between the 2.1 launch and today's patch (see thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259563) but I'm not sure if I'm too late. See what happens I guess.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Testing my Vette in conflict zone in Exioce, too bad founders world is so far away from here, im too lazy to search for those weapons all over the place :P

*Edit*

Im actually pretty happy with current setup of 2 medium turreted beams, 2 small turreted beams, 2 huge gimballed multicanons and 1 large gimballed multicanon. I would like to try changing that large multicanon to turreted beam and maybe replacing 2 small or 2 medium turreted beams with gimballed multicanon. With current setup i can run weapons with only 3 pips and that is definately a big plus.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Jack Dunhill wrote:Testing my Vette in conflict zone in Exioce, too bad founders world is so far away from here, im too lazy to search for those weapons all over the place :P

*Edit*

Im actually pretty happy with current setup of 2 medium turreted beams, 2 small turreted beams, 2 huge gimballed multicanons and 1 large gimballed multicanon. I would like to try changing that large multicanon to turreted beam and maybe replacing 2 small or 2 medium turreted beams with gimballed multicanon. With current setup i can run weapons with only 3 pips and that is definately a big plus.

How are getting on with the large multi, I became frustrated by it's slow spin up time, it seemed to take an age before it actually fires anything, especially compared to the near instant firing of the huge ones?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:33 pm

After much much grinding, even had to go mining bleh.....

Shields 7A: 1,864.8 (5 Boosters (Heavy Duty), Level 3 reinforced)
1 x 7A Shield Cell Bank (Level 1 fast recharge, adds 2% shield integrity)
1 x 6A Auto Field Maintenance
Power Plant 8A: 39.16MW (Level 3 Overcharged)
Power Distributer 8A (Level 1 Weapons Focused +8% Capacity +4.3% Recharge)
Hull Strength: 2,465 (with Hull Reinforcements)
6A FSD (Level 3 Increased Range 15.03LY max)

2 x Huge Gimballed Multi-Cannons
1 x Large Gimballed Pulse
2 x Medium Gimballed Pulse
2 x Small Gimballed Pulse
1 x Point Defence
1 x Heatsink Launcher

KWS, 4A Interdictor, 5A Life Support, 8D Sensors, 5A Fuel Scoop, 4G Planatery Vehicle Hanger (2 x Scarabs), 5C Fuel Tank, 8 Cargo Rack.
7A Thrusters (Level 1 Drive Strengthening, Integrity +19.5%, Thermal Load -9.3%)

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Xebeth wrote:How are getting on with the large multi, I became frustrated by it's slow spin up time, it seemed to take an age before it actually fires anything, especially compared to the near instant firing of the huge ones?

I have no idea how effective that large multicanon is, i hardly notice if it's even firing. That is why i'm thinking about changing it to turreted beam.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Engineer Upgrades

Postby thebs » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:55 pm

How are many of you finding your components for engineering upgrades? I ensured I kept collectors around to pick up things after battles, but I don't think I have what I need, even though I have 200 components now.

In all honesty, I'm just looking to boost my FSD range, for now, as I'd like to explore in my fairly well armed Python. Any tips? I've only delivered the meta-alloys to open up the one engineer, who can provide FSD upgrades.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Jack Dunhill wrote:
Xebeth wrote:How are getting on with the large multi, I became frustrated by it's slow spin up time, it seemed to take an age before it actually fires anything, especially compared to the near instant firing of the huge ones?

I have no idea how effective that large multicanon is, i hardly notice if it's even firing. That is why i'm thinking about changing it to turreted beam.

If you are talking about the large hardpoint on the corvette then a beam turret is a waste of time, I tried both mc/beam and found they hardly ever fired.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:20 pm

After a few upgrade/updating problems am back in Space, Thanks Frontier. I wish I made a Backup of my HOTAS Bindings before today better late than never.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:52 pm

I was off work today, so got the chance to fly during a weekday. I got to o7 a few Mobian CMDRs that I hadn't met before.

I just switched from a large Cannon to a large MC on my Python. The first time I took it into combat I thought I had forgotten to put it into a Fire Group because it didn't seem to respond to my trigger press!
Last edited by Hrdina on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Return to “General Discussion”