Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:36 am

*Al* wrote:The cnb at Aerial is great! Wings up to five, elite condas etc. If I am winged up am getting about one % to elite an hour.

Ah... glad to hear that the CNB at Aerial is back. It was just a regular Nav Beacon a few weeks ago. :?

I am also working on my combat rank (23% from Elite). I'm heading over to the current CG at Phiagre for a few days. Maybe when I'm back, we can wing at Aerial to help us both get rank faster. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby thebs » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Schmobius wrote:As someone with an X55
Likewise ...

Schmobius wrote:I may as well mention that I tend to reverse the normal config for yaw and roll. I.E., I use twist to roll, sideways on the stick to yaw. I think of it like riding goofy-foot on a skateboard or snowboard (even though I don't use that stance on either.)
I do that mainly because a roll to turn makes less sense to me in space than it does in atmosphere,
That's exactly my rationale. I still use twist for rudder in an aircraft, but for roll in spacecraft.

Putting it in direct input terms ... the horizontal control I'm going to use the most gets the stick, the lesser used gets the twist.

Schmobius wrote:but I'm mentioning it here in case that might work better for you? It might make it worse, but could be worth a shot.
Indeed.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:23 am

Admiral 'Delta Alpha Romeo' says hello.
Phiagre CG in the Cutter to earn a bit of money today, then maybe switch to the Corvette for a bit of light relief. Nice break from ranking.
Will work on the Imperial one next.
Although the HTC Vive has arrived so may be faffing about a bit setting it up.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:43 am

JohnLuke wrote:
*Al* wrote:The cnb at Aerial is great! Wings up to five, elite condas etc. If I am winged up am getting about one % to elite an hour.

Ah... glad to hear that the CNB at Aerial is back. It was just a regular Nav Beacon a few weeks ago. :?

I am also working on my combat rank (23% from Elite). I'm heading over to the current CG at Phiagre for a few days. Maybe when I'm back, we can wing at Aerial to help us both get rank faster. :)

Give me a shout

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:30 pm

*Hic*

Sphent a night....We shum assholes........

Nice assholes though......

fwends.jpg
fwends.jpg (141.53 KiB) Viewed 2364 times

Total was about 12 mill all in all...........

They are trying to drag me kicking and screaming outta my dearly beloved Asp......

I blame [Wingman Icon 3]...............

He's a right bastard............

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:52 pm

After getting the Vive setup, tried a few hauls in the Phiagre CG.
Nothing like piloting a cutter in VR for the first time in a CG system.
Apologies if I did not say hi to a few CMDRs, I could not type for toffee with the headset on...
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

CmdrGroundStingray
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR GROUNDSTINGRAY

Postby CmdrGroundStingray » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:51 am

I'm learning the ropes. Picked up a hauler (not smart I'm at 300cred) and making runs now

CmdrGroundStingray
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR GROUNDSTINGRAY

Postby CmdrGroundStingray » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:00 am

I'm really worried at how long it takes to travel from place to place right now. I have two missions on arm and I'm trying to move to a fuel station... Taking forever tho

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:19 am

Had some fun at the Haz-RES at Phiagre 4, for the combat CG. I was there maybe about an hour in my Python, and picked up 1.4 M in bounties, at the cost of about 125K in repairs. That puts me top 60% of the CG (which I don't think will last the fully 4+ days it has left).

CMDR Bailablestone12 was there with me in his nice yellow Conda. We didn't wing up, but did keep an eye on each other in case of trouble. He seemed to be doing a little better than me. I had to bail because it was past 2am. :oops:
Jameson & Son are my copilots

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:31 am

I finally got to Baron rank this morning and met the beautiful Tempest III. We went trading for a while then headed over to the bounty hunting CG (still in a trading outfit because I'm a nice mixture of lazy and broke). Made about 400k then had to run home after provoking a Python and Anaconda wing, but the game froze up as I got back to the station to turn in, so I'm not sure where I stand in the reward tiers. I was B last night but it's probably dropped down to C by now.

As usual, if anyone wants to wing up and do some trading/hunting, give me a buzz.

Return to “General Discussion”