Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Angvir
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angvir
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Angvir » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm currently doing some pretty fun ground assault missions to get my Empire rank up. Gotta love those Imperial ships, just beautiful.

Is it sad that my favorite ship that I've tried so far is the Cobra III? I stinking love that little thing. Of course I do tend to favor speed and maneuverability.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Just made some chaff firework over Haxel Enterprise in Exbeur to celebrate the end of the federal grind :D
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:38 pm

i just accidentally permit to sol! :D
time to grab my asp, a couple SRV and explore!

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Damn, so close. Attacked a dangerous Python, 212k cr worth and got it to 3% hull before I was shot down by it. Not bad for a Sidewinder with E2 shield, E1 beam laser and B1 dumbfire missile launcher. If I hadn't use some missiles on the planet surface earlier I would have got him. Will have to try again some other time.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:03 am

...and I keep misreading this :D

20160420_025917 - HIP 10716.png
20160420_025917 - HIP 10716.png (23.96 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:13 am

Darn it. Was aiming for 99% Vice-Admiral and overshot.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

DelayedReaction
Novice
Novice
CMDR: DelayedReaction

Postby DelayedReaction » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:20 am

got my ED Tracker at the weekend but my computer has now decided it doesn't like Elite...

I boot it up and it either crashes while loading, crashes on the shaders, or crashes when I'm loading into the game.

On the times that it doesn't crash, the amount of time I get playing is completely random, one time I got halfway from kamito to azrael before I got dumped out, the next I was able to finish the journey, went to run a mission to a system 2 jumps away and it crashed en-route. just now I managed to get from azrael to lave before it crashed...

I'm guessing it's my graphics card as I am slightly underspec for elite but I've managed to get roughly 500 hours out of the game so far with no issues at all so it's really annoying me why now (when I can't afford a graphics card until payday) it's suddenly started to happen.

so in-game my character is currently stuck in Lave station as I can't get elite to load up again -.-

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:10 am

DelayedReaction wrote:got my ED Tracker at the weekend but my computer has now decided it doesn't like Elite...

I boot it up and it either crashes while loading, crashes on the shaders, or crashes when I'm loading into the game.

On the times that it doesn't crash, the amount of time I get playing is completely random, one time I got halfway from kamito to azrael before I got dumped out, the next I was able to finish the journey, went to run a mission to a system 2 jumps away and it crashed en-route. just now I managed to get from azrael to lave before it crashed...

I'm guessing it's my graphics card as I am slightly underspec for elite but I've managed to get roughly 500 hours out of the game so far with no issues at all so it's really annoying me why now (when I can't afford a graphics card until payday) it's suddenly started to happen.

so in-game my character is currently stuck in Lave station as I can't get elite to load up again -.-

Hello,
When I first started playing Elite the game would chrash to desktop frequently. On the main forums a number of people had the same problem. One of the fixes that helped me was to set Elite to run in border less window mode. Also, to kill of all unnecessary apps running in the background. Later my 580GTX completely died and now the 960 has not giveing me any problems.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

DelayedReaction
Novice
Novice
CMDR: DelayedReaction

Postby DelayedReaction » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:14 am

Falcon_D wrote:
DelayedReaction wrote:got my ED Tracker at the weekend but my computer has now decided it doesn't like Elite...

Hello,
When I first started playing Elite the game would chrash to desktop frequently. On the main forums a number of people had the same problem. One of the fixes that helped me was to set Elite to run in border less window mode. Also, to kill of all unnecessary apps running in the background. Later my 580GTX completely died and now the 960 has not giveing me any problems.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

I always run games in border less window if it's available and I've cleaned up all of my background apps, im going to get a 750Ti on payday, will be the final upgrade until I make a start on building a new PC

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:49 am

Falcon_D wrote:Hello all,

Finally got my EDTracker yesterday. And now this:
<snip>

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Congrats on combat Elite, Falcon! :D 8-)

I have been nipping away at the same thing.... but 23% to go. What did you find to be the quickest route to Elite? CNB, CZ, specific RES with high level NPC's? Large wings would help for sure, but it seems that when I have the bug to work on my rank nobody is in the area. :oops:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”