Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Bonsaipanda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bonsaipanda
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Bonsaipanda » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:05 am

Was travelling around checking if I could spot another CMDR somewhere, when I found myself on Eravate, in Cleve Hub and I just had the greatest idea ever to try Open Play.

The second I come out of the station, someone opens fire on me. And his friend jumps in. And they use silent running, so not much point trying to turn around and try to respond. I kick on the FSD and run out of there, close Open Play and return to Mobius.

So much for that.
Last edited by Bonsaipanda on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:15 am

Bonsaipanda wrote:Was travelling around checking if I could spot another CMDR somewhere, when found myself on Eravate, in Cleve Hub and I just had the greatest idea ever to try Open Play.

The second I come out of the station, someone opens fire on me. And his friend jumps in. And they use silent running, so not much point trying to turn around and try to respond. I kick on the FSD and run out of there, close Open Play and return to Mobius.

So much for that.

Yeah, and some people keep wondering why players decide to go solo or Mobius. A few even try to play the be-man-enough-to-go-Open card. Please, this is a game - it's supposed to be enjoyable.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:36 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Tifu wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:I'm getting close to one of my personal goals, which is to have total assets of $1Billion. :shock:

:shock: Are you trying to buy a space station?

Glad to have back on this side.of Mobius btw :)

Nope... don't need my own space station. I'm quite fond of the staff at Baliunas Hub. ;) I'd love to hire someone to move ships for me and feed me grapes while I rest in a hammock though. :D

Dudley wrote:
JL - I confess to cutter envy.. :D - go forth sir and claim that $1Billion prize... *Hats off* o7

Regards

Dawg

The Cutter is a hell of a money maker, Dawg. $10mil or more per hour, no problem. The downside is that after an hour or so, I am bored and ready to do something else.

Drumroll please.......

Goal achieved! I am officially worth a Billion!

Now.... can someone tell me where the "cash out" button is in this game, so I can transfer these funds into my checking account? 8-)

Grats JL :) Now how long have you been in the "Black"? I will be at 550 million come Thursday, nipping at your heels. But to be fair I don't own the ships that you do and I don't know if I ever will as Elite is on a low ebb for me right now.

Dock
Check bulletin board - crap
Check ship for repairs that mysteriously don't appear on the repairs section ( middle panel )
Grab fortification supplies
Set course for some system 12 jumps out because its being undermined big time and all the lazy sots have fortified the system than is 17 lys from HQ to 12,000 %
Undock
Jump, honk, scoop
Approach planet
Approach station
Dock
Unload fortification supplies
Load up on something that sells at HQ ( via Inara )
Undock

Rinse and repeat until I am back to 10,000 merits, then bounty hunt to try to build up cash some more.

Missions are boring, combat is boring, PP is a massive joke set up as it is, I have no clue what Tifu is talking about, no offense meant :P

My home base is a station under ALD control, its allegiance is to the federation on one faction, there are 3 empire factions and 4 independents?
I don't know how that works. If I was in control of the place and it was Black Rose's station then anyone that was not with me is against me and I'd get rid of them. The empire has the power to do that stuff :)

Now I need to load up "Shadows of Mordor" and decapitate some Uruks :)

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:47 am

JohnLuke wrote:<snip>

Goal achieved! I am officially worth a Billion!

Now.... can someone tell me where the "cash out" button is in this game, so I can transfer these funds into my checking account? 8-)

Congratulations! And I know how you get bored after about an hour, lately I have the same problem, that's how I ended up buying 3 ships the last few days alone. All of them fitted ridiculously too :D

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:19 am

I had a good run in PP today :) Rank 3 by tomorrow & Prismatic shields in a few weeks. Loving my Class 4A FSD drive which drastically cut down my Keelback's travel time. Plus, I got to participate in the greatest prep war in PP history - we"ll know if the 5C or the real AD commanders won in just 24 hours.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:55 pm

Doing some bounty hunting with my FAS. Sure is fun after hauling fortification materials in my Anaconda

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81

Postby robfm81 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:03 pm

back in game after a few days on xcom 2. 1st 20 minutes and get 3 mil plus 25% towards next rank. on 32mil since my start from scratch issues with the FDL and boom thing...

really know what i'm doing this time - 9 months to get to this point 1st time round - 1 month now

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81

Postby robfm81 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:11 pm

I have also noticed that you rank faster the better combat rating you are - with surface mission grinding.... 450k per mission sometimes

Python in no time....

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Doing my last rinse-and-repeat credit/rank grinding surface missions now, then returning to Ratting again. Finally ... well, made some 60 million in some days, so that was fine. Now I can take out the Rattaconda without fear of nasty rebuy surprises ...
Also, a new Rattatoon is out.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”