What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Black Rose

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Black Rose » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:49 am

Tifu wrote:
Black Rose wrote:Unfortunately I can't play at all now :(

Horizons is on a "redeem key" endless loop and ED refuses to let me log back in on Steam. I can log into my account no problem at the FD page but to play the game it insists I put in a verification code and I've done that 13 times, yes 13 different emails with different codes and it simply won't let me log into my acct on the FD launcher.

So is it Steam, is it FD, is it fate? I don't know But as I said in another post,

Cmdr Black Rose signing off, the last survivor of this lunacy? Probably not but there is just so much abuse I can take. So its been great guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... uck_in_an/

Hope the above is useful somehow. Take a break , come back when you"re renewed.

I've followed every lead presented both here and on Steam.

FD still contends that I don't own Elite Dangerous and as such Horizons won't run. They also double charged me for a paint job for the clipper I don't own in the game I don't have.

Screen shots from their own web page showing the keys have been redeemed, screen shots of my 600 hours play time, screen shots of the keys in my account on steam, copies of the receipts for both games seem to be falling on deaf ears. And the really stupid part is I was playing Elite yesterday and simply logged out of the launcher to see if I could get the Horizons launcher to work and now I don't own the game anymore?

I ran the file check in Steam verifying all the files, no luck and then I uninstalled it and re-downloaded the whole things and still nothing.

Endless verification loop. :(

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby clivewil » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:01 am

Black Rose wrote:Endless verification loop. :(

i'm going to assume you've tried using different browsers too? i had something similar once that refused to work until i installed Chrome and did my transaction on that instead of Firefox

Hutton Orbital Truckers are losing influence in their home system - knowing what a pain that has been for us at Azrael, i don't want to see it happen to those guys too so i've been doing RES sessions for them, hoping a few mil in bounties might sway things their way again
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:38 am

Last I heard the truckers were expanding? Not sure how much I'd help with trading, or I might head over.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:04 am

Black Rose wrote:
Tifu wrote:
Black Rose wrote:Unfortunately I can't play at all now :(

Horizons is on a "redeem key" endless loop and ED refuses to let me log back in on Steam. I can log into my account no problem at the FD page but to play the game it insists I put in a verification code and I've done that 13 times, yes 13 different emails with different codes and it simply won't let me log into my acct on the FD launcher.

So is it Steam, is it FD, is it fate? I don't know But as I said in another post,

Cmdr Black Rose signing off, the last survivor of this lunacy? Probably not but there is just so much abuse I can take. So its been great guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... uck_in_an/

Hope the above is useful somehow. Take a break , come back when you"re renewed.

I've followed every lead presented both here and on Steam.

FD still contends that I don't own Elite Dangerous and as such Horizons won't run. They also double charged me for a paint job for the clipper I don't own in the game I don't have.

Screen shots from their own web page showing the keys have been redeemed, screen shots of my 600 hours play time, screen shots of the keys in my account on steam, copies of the receipts for both games seem to be falling on deaf ears. And the really stupid part is I was playing Elite yesterday and simply logged out of the launcher to see if I could get the Horizons launcher to work and now I don't own the game anymore?

I ran the file check in Steam verifying all the files, no luck and then I uninstalled it and re-downloaded the whole things and still nothing.

Endless verification loop. :(

It sounds like the Steam database and the Frontiers database aren't talking to each other at least as far as your account is concerned. Give the FD support an earful - hope they fix the bug very soon.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:06 am

Xebeth wrote:Well after much umming and erring

Steers like a dead cow, but she sure rakes the money in

That's one shiny ship Xebeth - almost makes me want to grind Imperial merits :) Congratulations !

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Postby Nethaufer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:55 am

Spending most of my time farming for bounties in Alcor for the current CG. Top 5% at 6.5mil.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 am

We (The A-Team of myself, Kharma and Dawg) have been exploring planets just outside the bubble. We are not that far out and have been joined by a couple of other A-Hats from time to time.

Tor and Mikey D have popped in to join us as we search for intelligent life, both within the team itself as well as on the surface. So far no luck. We have definitely found NO intelligence at all.

Although we are only about 50-70 ly outside the bubble, we have come across lots of signs that these untravelled parts have been the sites of nefarious things in the past. We have found Nav beacons, Wrecks, Mining Facilities, and the POI we have named "A Boston".

A Boston is a POI that is the Two buildings side by each with some sort of Tank between them. They are usually Tea (99% of the time) which is how we came up with the name, Boston Tea Party.

Science has been lying to us. They said that Hydrogen is the most common element in the Universe. Well, according to FD (a British Company) TEA is the most common element as that is the majority of canisters we are finding. Second would be Narcotics, and third is Occupied Escape Pods.

I am sure that as we continue further out we will find less, but to be honest, the current rocky world we are on has had more POI's than most of the planets we have been on inside the bubble. More wrecks of course, but still. A Nav Beacon? Why would you drag a Nav Beacon all the way out here?I, the slayer of Buggies have yet to lose one, but I brought 4 just in case. Doesn't mean I am less hard on them, but so far I have managed to survive with just enough Hull left that I can repair.

We are having fun, but knowing that all the elicit goods we are finding means we have to travel further into the Bubble on the way back to find a Blackmarket before we can offload our goods has me thinking that maybe we should think more about the return.

Until then, The A-Team will still go Balls to the Wall in our pursuit of Fun, Alcoholic Beverages, and the search for Intelligent Life.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:04 am

Hauling some water purifiers today. I was going to check out that global reward discount, but looks like it's going to activate after the CG ends.

I will probably get bored with trading soon, so after that im back to Azrael to do some missions for the Order.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:59 am

Ran a few missions for the Order today. Not much on the 'ol BB at Raff's, even after cycling for nearly an hour. :(

Time for some pew pew, me thinks.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:16 am

I'm having an ED break to play Rise of the Tombraider. I burnt myself out empire ranking and need a week off to do something else before I return. :) ED is a long term game and I need to slice it up at times. Especially as I need to Fed rank but just cant bring myself to do it. So I am not going to. I'll do the feds the long way I think. :)

When I return I might just take the asp to Sag A as Ive not done much exploring in the game.

I need a better joystick too, the X55 hurts my wrists when I pew pew. I broke them both, twice due to a myopic car driver on one occasion and a suicidal 18st pedestrian on the other. So I suffer from achey bones. Thus I am in search of a better joystick that doesnt hurt my wrists. The x55 is too stiff to yaw. Maybe pedals...

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

Return to “General Discussion”