Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Well swapped the plasma for a rail on the gunship......

Sheesh.......If you needed forward thinking for the plasma you need a fucking crystal ball for the rail......

Got pissed off with the gunship.....Sold it and now in an A rated python.....

Just got it so not done much....220 in the hold is good though......

Still missing TrackIR......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81

Postby robfm81 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:20 pm

nothing but pythons in a hi res tonight - after some CZ with JohnLuke... 2mil in the bag -- I thank you!

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:38 am

Gorf wrote:
Hrdina wrote:I spent the past couple of days using that new Vulture to do assassination missions and have a couple of bounties put on my head in systems which I thought were Anarchy.

The galmap is procedurally generated from a seed value. Systems can and have flipped since launch, and their actual status is retrieved from the FD servers on arrival in supercruise - it may not match what's on the galmap. My current exploration was prompted by a big bounty on my head that I got from an assassination mission in a so-called anarchy.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that.

I posted a polite message to FD asking if they would kindly change the maps so they at least don't lie to me. :D
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Kal
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kaldor Nighthawk
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Kal » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:28 am

I'm trying out a pair on rail guns on the med slots on my python. The do require a bit of patience and timing. Not sure this is a long term gun for that slot, but when they both hit the damage is incredible. Plasma seems just as tricky due to the slow speed of the shot, so I don't know what I want to do with those two medium ports. mini cannons maybe, just not sure.

I heard the gunship was the dog of the two new drop ship variants and that the other is a much better ship. I was hoping the gunship would be better than what I hear they have done to it. Guess I'll have to hold out for the corvette and hope the Imperial devs aren't too biased against fed ships.

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well swapped the plasma for a rail on the gunship......

Sheesh.......If you needed forward thinking for the plasma you need a fucking crystal ball for the rail......

Got pissed off with the gunship.....Sold it and now in an A rated python.....

Just got it so not done much....220 in the hold is good though......

Still missing TrackIR......

Kal
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kaldor Nighthawk

Postby Kal » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:35 am

Glad I didn't bother to try to pursue then. I think it is a conspiracy. While we were given extra fuel tanks to fill our holds the npc are secretly getting extra engine modules to fill their empty holds. And away they go... :arrow:

Skipp wrote:
Kal wrote:A Type 6 npc on the other hand, made some minor modifications to his engines and went from 0 to a speed that would make the Falcon look like it was going in reverse...

Oh so it's not just me! Except it started a bit different for me. I saw an Kumo member Orca that I interdicted for merits. I started shooting and the orca hit supercruise after half a second. No charge time, no nothing. Just *puff*.

So naturally, I go after her, interdict again... and I swear, that was the fastest ship I saw EVER. No eagle could outmanoeuvre that huge watery beast. I took all my FA-off skills to actually keep up with her :shock:

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well swapped the plasma for a rail on the gunship......

I took the PA off my courier because I lose money at 2K a shot.

Kal wrote:Glad I didn't bother to try to pursue then. I think it is a conspiracy. While we were given extra fuel tanks to fill our holds the npc are secretly getting extra engine modules to fill their empty holds. And away they go... :arrow:

I have always thought that it was a scam that NPC's can drop out into station space after approaching at 100X the speed we can. They also seem to have shields that recharge 10X faster than mine. I think SJA (The programmer for the AI) is screwing with us. Not only is she making them harder, but she is putting Thargoid Tech into these NPC PITA's
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:03 am

robfm81 wrote:nothing but pythons in a hi res tonight - after some CZ with JohnLuke... 2mil in the bag -- I thank you!

I'm glad that you had a good run in the RES after we got our butts kicked in the CZ. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:49 pm

on my way to hutton. in open. dropped into alpha centauri (lots cmdrs with hardpoints deployed) and then switched to mobius to annoy the code, then switched back once i was far enough away. 0.17 to go....

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81

Postby robfm81 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:14 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
robfm81 wrote:nothing but pythons in a hi res tonight - after some CZ with JohnLuke... 2mil in the bag -- I thank you!

I'm glad that you had a good run in the RES after we got our butts kicked in the CZ. :)

On again tonight for some more res...

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Went into Open play by accident. The second I dropped into a RES - 3 other commanders entered. All of which were nice enough to wing up. Then this happened:

Kharma you fed scum! :D
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”