Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Good to read you made it back. Well done! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:00 pm

Xebeth wrote:Made it to EARL :D

Oops, missed that. Welcome to the club, Xebeth. And congrats! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:09 am

Tried a few missions that are being offered in the bulletin boards. It's a nice change from trading and as RES-hunting isn't ridiculously profitable anymore, I find myself back doing missions again. Shame about the galaxy wide bounty on my head. Maybe I've been lucky but the assassination mission targets are easy to find now.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:36 am

At present I am around 700ly from Achenar exploring. I haven't come across a single unexplored system so far and only a few that have only been partially explored. My advice to any would be explorers is get on your Asp and get out there, you are going to have to travel a long way to find any unexplored systems. That said maybe I've just been unlucky and picked a route a lot of people have been through before me.

Ledge
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ledge2004

Postby Ledge » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:40 am

Currently experimenting with mining, it is better than it was but still painfully boring. Can be some money in it, if you mine a pristine ring and find some painite etc :)

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg

Postby Ghworg » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:At present I am around 700ly from Achenar exploring. I haven't come across a single unexplored system so far and only a few that have only been partially explored.

FWIW I started hitting unexplored systems at about 800ly out, that was heading away from the core though, I understand that most people head corewards so the explored bubble may stretch further in that direction.

Currently saving up to gear my Asp to do a proper exploration run, Cobra really wasn't cutting it in my 1000ly test run.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Ghworg wrote:
Philip Coutts wrote:At present I am around 700ly from Achenar exploring. I haven't come across a single unexplored system so far and only a few that have only been partially explored.

FWIW I started hitting unexplored systems at about 800ly out, that was heading away from the core though, I understand that most people head corewards so the explored bubble may stretch further in that direction.

Currently saving up to gear my Asp to do a proper exploration run, Cobra really wasn't cutting it in my 1000ly test run.

Ahh good to know, I'm heading away from the core at present so there is a little bit of hope for me to cling to!

Jacob Jones
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Uriahs

Postby Jacob Jones » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Ghworg wrote:

A tip for the Asp Explorer instead of fitting a D5 power plant put in a A4. 5 Tons lighter and gives you more power 15.6.

Not tried running the Asp without shields seems too dangerous in the black. The new Diamondback Scout looks to have a better jump range with shields. Not got one but just a thought. Currently doing the Lembava CG so trying hard not to have to find virgin systems.

Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror

Postby Soulmirror » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Running trades between Gandui and Lao Zi, making 260k a round trip. I was shocked when the outline of Dixon Dock changed to green, accessed my rep screen and I had gone over 90% positive rep at that stations main faction. I am wondering if a station outline will change to Red if you have a large negative reputation?

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Looking for a black market... they've become rare these days

Return to “General Discussion”