Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Ameena » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Been trading and doing missions out of Tau Ceti to earn money, clawing my way slowly toward a Cobra Mk III (currently in an Adder as I figured it'd be faster than using the Sidewinder since I can carry more stuff). Then I'll probably erm...I'm not sure. At some point I expect I'll kit my old Sidewinder out with some guns and stuff (I removed the starting guns to make more space, found out it instead just increased the jump distance slightly because cargo space is done differently here to how it was in Frontier, but went ahead and took 'em out anyway) and go somewhere to get some combat practice before I risk a ship that I actually spent money on. Might save up for a Viper at some point if I want to properly go pirate-hunting.
Meanwhile I intend to use the Cobra as my "main" ship (as far as I can tell it's the most balanced of those available so far). Of the three factions, I think the Alliance sounds like the one I'm most interested in but as far as I can tell from the galaxy map their systems are really far away and seem relatively sparse and spread out compared to the Feds and the Imps. But I'll look into whatever their main system is and go there at some point, and do missions for them so they like me and stuff. I don't know if doing missions for one faction messes you up for another so I've not taken any of the Fed missions I'm being offered. Plus they might be dangerous and I don't fancy gtting blown up ;).

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Siobhan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am

I messed up a Black Ops mission today to kill a DropShip. I'd got it down to about 20% hull when it rammed me... and bye bye asp. Oh well, 900kCr insurance, but I did some rares runs and made it back.

All in all, an exciting evening really.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:41 am

I know that feeling! I got my Ass—p handed to me by an elite Anaconda a couple of days ago. Except my insurance was more like 1.4 millions. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:31 am

Day 29 - Nourse City in Esumindii system

Trading stuff and hunting at Nav Beacon with my "Blue Snake" Cobra. Result was that I could buy the B4 power plant I had seen here, and replaced my class 2 fixed Multicannons by class 2 fixed cannons ( makes fights shorter, I hate to see these guys jump away with 10% hull left... :) ) I had class 1 cannons on my Eagle and they were pretty efficient, so class 2 should do the job. On top of this, they really look "badass" with Manticore written on them.

Was interdicted only once in three hours by a suicidal NPC pirate in a Sidewinder...

Will make a couple more evenings here, now that I have enough power I want to replace my burst lasers by beams. After that I will be on my way to Lave.

Looks like I'm alone in this corner of the woods...
Last edited by Corsaire31 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Olmy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SerOlmy

Postby Olmy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:10 am

Hiya, try to do a bit of everything, except mining (to much hassle atm, but would like to see that improve in time).
Typically I do some trading, bounty hunting and conflict zones (Cobra is a great multipurpose vessel to do that, for pure trading I fly a T series and pure fighting a Viper). Loved the event few days back where we had to defend a carrier against a rebel group.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 am

Fighting in Facece where civil war has sprung up! Combat bonds and missions are plentiful at the moment and one of the groups is an Imperial one so it's a good way to improve your rep.

Zieman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zieman

Postby Zieman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

Philip Coutts wrote:Fighting in Facece where civil war has sprung up! Combat bonds and missions are plentiful at the moment and one of the groups is an Imperial one so it's a good way to improve your rep.
And people moan they can't influence anything. :roll:
I mean, a bloody civil war in one of the CORE Imperial systems - whoa! :shock:
Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
My Elite: Dangerous videos , All you wanted to know about the game. And more.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 am

Zieman wrote:
Philip Coutts wrote:Fighting in Facece where civil war has sprung up! Combat bonds and missions are plentiful at the moment and one of the groups is an Imperial one so it's a good way to improve your rep.

I was amazed, but it's odd that there are a couple of independent groups in Facece. I thought it was bizarre at the time but then it got stranger and one of the minor Imperial groups started scrapping with on of the minor Independent groups. The other odd thing is that there are at least 2 possibly 3 capital ships in the area but none of them have moved to quash the war. I would have thought the Empire would have just swept in and blown everyone away. It doesn't really matter to me, it's great fun and a good way to improve the combat rating and make a bit of cash!

Zieman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zieman

Postby Zieman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:03 am

Philip Coutts wrote:
Zieman wrote:

I was amazed, but it's odd that there are a couple of independent groups in Facece. I thought it was bizarre at the time but then it got stranger and one of the minor Imperial groups started scrapping with on of the minor Independent groups. The other odd thing is that there are at least 2 possibly 3 capital ships in the area but none of them have moved to quash the war. I would have thought the Empire would have just swept in and blown everyone away. It doesn't really matter to me, it's great fun and a good way to improve the combat rating and make a bit of cash!
Oh yeah. :)

And, thinking about it a bit - might tie in with the GalNet news of the Emperor's ailing health and the escalating power struggle within the peers of the Empire, everyone is keeping their forces ready and won't squander any resources on such 'minor' disputes...
Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
My Elite: Dangerous videos , All you wanted to know about the game. And more.

Curried-Cat
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Curried-Cat

Postby Curried-Cat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Currently trading (Type 6) to fit out my Cobra for exploration. Nearly there after I moved from my comfy 'home world' intra-system trade route to find a more profitable one about 60Ly away.

Then it's off into the unknown for some exploration. Got to get my name in the stars!

Return to “General Discussion”