Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
General Specific
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: General Specific
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby General Specific » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Grinding grinding grinding.....type 7 Wurango to 62 Ursae majoris. bored out of my skull but an eye on the prize...Anaconda....mmmm

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Took my Asp on her first flight this morning, off to Founders World for parts. Managed to get her all D parts and a B FSD (no A's there). Then went back to Lave to do a rare run to see how she handled, and managed to pick up a A5 FSD from Zaonce (I think, if not certainly in that cluster). On the way down to Fujin, I got interdicted by an expert Python, which has me worried. Really struggled in my Cobra...but holy cow this Asp.....the guns so closely grouped, just hammered it! Carrying two beams in the nose and 4 multi-cannons made mince meat of it!

Got bounced by an Viper and chewed that up too. Love this ship. Can't wait to get enough money to get her geared up in A rated equipment. Will take her for an explore then, can't see why I would need the extra 5ly jump for stripping it out.

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Telengo wrote:Took my Asp on her first flight this morning, off to Founders World for parts. Managed to get her all D parts and a B FSD (no A's there). Then went back to Lave to do a rare run to see how she handled, and managed to pick up a A5 FSD from Zaonce (I think, if not certainly in that cluster). On the way down to Fujin, I got interdicted by an expert Python, which has me worried. Really struggled in my Cobra...but holy cow this Asp.....the guns so closely grouped, just hammered it! Carrying two beams in the nose and 4 multi-cannons made mince meat of it!

Got bounced by an Viper and chewed that up too. Love this ship. Can't wait to get enough money to get her geared up in A rated equipment. Will take her for an explore then, can't see why I would need the extra 5ly jump for stripping it out.

Sounds like a blast!

Still plodding along towards that Type 6, yet. I should be playing right now, on my day off, and just hauling in the credits. But mreh. I need a break from the space-trucking.

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Siobhan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Malphator wrote:
Telengo wrote:Took my Asp on her first flight this morning, off to Founders World for parts. Managed to get her all D parts and a B FSD (no A's there). Then went back to Lave to do a rare run to see how she handled, and managed to pick up a A5 FSD from Zaonce (I think, if not certainly in that cluster). On the way down to Fujin, I got interdicted by an expert Python, which has me worried. Really struggled in my Cobra...but holy cow this Asp.....the guns so closely grouped, just hammered it! Carrying two beams in the nose and 4 multi-cannons made mince meat of it!

Sounds like a blast!

Still plodding along towards that Type 6, yet. I should be playing right now, on my day off, and just hauling in the credits. But mreh. I need a break from the space-trucking.

I never went the T6 route. I stayed in my Cobra, upgrading all the while and doing long rares runs. Total A grade Cobra was a dream in a fight. Never died and only once ever had to run. I launched R.O.A.T.S. a few days back... C grade mostly... and working on upgrades.

Problem is that B grade stuff is heavy and will fuck me up... so I have to save the 15-20 Mcr to upgrade all (or most of) the bits to A grade together, or I'll be flying a brick again

Bardster
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bardster

Postby Bardster » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:45 pm

General Specific wrote:Grinding grinding grinding.....type 7 Wurango to 62 Ursae majoris. bored out of my skull but an eye on the prize...Anaconda....mmmm

Its a good little route that,Wurango has been my home system for a while, got few ships stashed here. Fuel is cheap as i am allied at both ends.I go off and come back when i need a bit more coin :D Apologies for the lack of chat - ships passing and all that. And the chat system is atrocious hehe

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 am

Visited Jaques Station in HIP 110079. It has a bar, but that's all there is. Collected my reward from Kashiri for helping in the war.
Went back to work on my balance to fund a Python, only ~20 million credits to go. Found a trade route that's a little more stable and doesn't collapse under my T7 trading efforts and the stations and stars are closer so the flying time is drastically reduced. Shame it's in Empire space though.

Huntemdown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Huntemdown
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Huntemdown » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:01 am

About to trade in my Clipper and have a go with the Fed Dropship, might as well see how it handles before Wings arrive and Planetary/Ship Assaults or am i dreaming to far ahead, wont take long to get the money back if it goes wrong lol

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Exploring out in a direction where there isn't anything to attract curious sightseers. Lots of virgin systems, but I've gotten to an area with very few stars. My ship has a 34ish LY jump range, usually enough to take it off the bottom of the nav panel, from here I can jump to a grand total of 4 systems.

BarkingMad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Barking Mad

Postby BarkingMad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:10 pm

A good day for me today. Combat rank raised to Master and Empire rank raised to Viscount.

Doing a combination of running missions and hanging out at nav beacons.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Been fairly good day for me as well after my tobacco fiasco earlier. Ran couple of bulletin board missions that landed me some 60K+ creds combined and my balance finally broke through 100K. Yay!
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Return to “General Discussion”