Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: There's always one A-grade douche bag

Postby Walter » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:58 am

AJH wrote:
Walter wrote:You don't need to do anything apart from carry on ignoring him. He's in Open and one of the reasons you're in Mobius.

Except that if successful and if ED doesn't step in, it would mean he shuts down a portion of the game as the stations would no longer be active.

Much as I deprecate the self-claimed "rationale" for these actions, there are times when a disruptive play that derails the frequently monotonous predictability of the ED galaxy is very welcome.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 am

Hmm... CMDRs,
He's on Xbox.
1. XBox universe different from PC.
2. I assume that when he/she says "we" they are referring to other XBox players as well.
3. As mentioned previously there seem to be plenty of commanders running missions out of the systems, so it would take a lot of effort by a small group to affect the BGS.
4. After a recent incident with a CG, I believe that FD changed some of the BGS rules so that a small group cannot extremely affect the BGS. Previously a small group could easily undermine a system cause the rules were such that criminal activity carried more weight than non criminal activity. Personally I thin FD and DB were really naive in this regard.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 am

Falcon_D wrote:Hmm... CMDRs,
He's on Xbox.
1. XBox universe different from PC.
2. I assume that when he/she says "we" they are referring to other XBox players as well.
3. As mentioned previously there seem to be plenty of commanders running missions out of the systems, so it would take a lot of effort by a small group to affect the BGS.
4. After a recent incident with a CG, I believe that FD changed some of the BGS rules so that a small group cannot extremely affect the BGS. Previously a small group could easily undermine a system cause the rules were such that criminal activity carried more weight than non criminal activity. Personally I thin FD and DB were really naive in this regard.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

He directly stated he wanted to get PC commanders in on this as well. Regardless, I hope he steps in dog poop on his way to an important interview.. the really bad type. :evil:

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:06 am

What I find so hypocritical about what he is doing is that he not so freely admits that he used the Ceos/Sothis runs to earn 170 million credits himself, but his justification is that he doesn't want other "New" players to be able to fast track into end game ships.
Sooo... it was ok for him to use the systems to line his ships/pockets with gold and now he want's to prevent others from doing the same.

Amusing that others found his posts in other threads about him having a cutter etc. Anyway as others have rightly said, it's pretty much unsustainable and will only last a few days if it even gets off the ground in the first place.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:52 am

Sounds like a complete tosser. Ignore him.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:01 am

Phillipus wrote:Sounds like a complete tosser. Ignore him.

The guy thinks he's frakkin' batman.. of course he's a tosser. (douchebag in 'mercan)

Bipper
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BIPPER

Postby Bipper » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 pm

This sort of thing goes on with every MMO. Megalomanical hypocrites like this guy exploit the crap out of an OP mechanic. Then after they've had their fill, or once someone uses the same mechanic to best them, they present themselves as some sort of hero and call for an end to the very mechanic they were just abusing. If I were in a position to do massive cargo runs I'd start doing meta-alloy runs (in solo mode) just to spite the guy. :P Personally I hadn't even heard of Ceos/Solthis until I saw this thread... I might head over there to see what all the fuss is about, but I doubt these easy money runs will hold my attention for very long.

AJH
Competent
Competent
CMDR: AJH

Postby AJH » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:13 pm

bl00dh0und9 wrote:The effort might not seem like much but it requires a lot of time jumping to and from 350-450 ly away.

Those missions aren't the problem. They are fine and in balance with everything else in the game. The out of balance part is the 6-8 million credit smuggling missions that I've gotten as many as 4 of them in a single hop that only require flying one jump. Making 30 million credits an hour or so from the 400ly missions is on the higher end of average, but normal enough for the game. Making 25 million credits in 6 minutes is not.

I don't personally care about it. I think it is fine, but I can understand why people that worked hard for their credits are miffed about it being rather excessively easy now. The 30 million an hour 400ly options are still enough to get someone from a sidewinder to an Anaconda in about a week and a half if they know what they are doing.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:12 pm

AJH wrote:I don't personally care about it. I think it is fine, but I can understand why people that worked hard for their credits are miffed about it being rather excessively easy now. The 30 million an hour 400ly options are still enough to get someone from a sidewinder to an Anaconda in about a week and a half if they know what they are doing.

There is also the possibility that this feature has been introduced just to provoke such a response.
Last edited by Walter on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Walter wrote:
AJH wrote:
bl00dh0und9 wrote:I don't personally care about it. I think it is fine, but I can understand why people that worked hard for their credits are miffed about it being rather excessively easy now. The 30 million an hour 400ly options are still enough to get someone from a sidewinder to an Anaconda in about a week and a half if they know what they are doing.

There is also the possibility that this feature has been introduced just to provoke such a response.

Ummm I didn't say that. Think some quotes got messed up.

Return to “General Discussion”