Good systems for ground assault missions?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Good systems for ground assault missions?

Postby Liberty Prime » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:34 am

I understand Cubeo is great for Imperial ground assault missions. Are there other systems? A Federation alternative even?

Thank you!

The-Dead-Meat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: The-Dead-Meat

Re: Good systems for ground assault missions?

Postby The-Dead-Meat » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:51 am

Have not needed this myself as I already have Duke rank, post on Reddit called "My experience grinding from Empire rank 0 to 12 (Duke) in about ten days, 2.1".

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime

Postby Liberty Prime » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:06 am

The-Dead-Meat wrote:Have not needed this myself as I already have Duke rank, post on Reddit called "My experience grinding from Empire rank 0 to 12 (Duke) in about ten days, 2.1".

That's a great recommendation for Empire ranking. I've been to those systems a lot in the last week. :mrgreen:

My current problem is I'm looking for surface missions really anywhere so I can use my Fed Gunship to spam rockets. I've been out to Cubeo and it's not spawning any base-attack missions for me. I guess this was a good spot prior to 2.1

I just don't know if there is an easy method to find these types of missions (or any specific type) from the galaxy map or if I have to fly everywhere to investigate (or Google).

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Not sure if this is what your looking for but last night I was in....Abaraca...I know I totally misspelled that that led to skimmer assault missions in I think ETA Volantis (might be numbered) and another system both within 15 ly of the start system and offered about 100k+ in credits / mission. I can check later for you if you'd like as I'm not at my Essbox right now. The stop was on my way to Farseer which might have been about 65ish ly from there. Again if these are even the types of missions you're looking for. I've been away from the bubble basically all year as I've been mostly out exploring.

EDIT:
System Name is Arabaka.
I was kinda close lol.

Bipper
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BIPPER

Postby Bipper » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 am

TZ Arietis is pretty good... you'll see missions for taking out Mob of Groombridge skimmers. The nice thing about those missions is the Mob is an anarchy faction so no bounties put on you for "assaulting skimmers". The downside is that the target location is ~75,000 ls from the jump point and it'll probably take you an hour to stack 5+ missions though the payouts (for the boom factions) are > 2m credits. So it's conceivable to hit 5M-10M/hr stacking. There are skimmer missions on a couple of other planets that are pretty easy to do as well and don't generate bounties for you though I can't remember which ones. If the faction you're attacking is either "Anarchy" or its status is "Civil War", possibly "War" too, you won't get a fine/bounty for blowing up their skimmers. I imagine this goes for any system. I also see people talk about just taking a sidewinder and letting the system defenses blow you up once the missions are complete. In spite of what some people say about these missions being "zero risk"... the installations which are improved security (++ or higher) seem to pose a problem for me... though I admit I've only been doing the skimmer missions for a few days. Still the cash flows in faster and easier than rares trading, but probably not as fast money-wise as bounty hunting if you have max rank in Hudson or AL Duval's faction (due to the bounty payout increases).

Return to “General Discussion”