Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Where did you start?

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm

I started in Cosi.

Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 16.12.49.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 16.12.49.jpg (183.72 KiB) Viewed 3105 times

Might not be easy to regroup with friends!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Re: Where did you start?

Postby Neillm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:18 pm

My backer level gives me a pirate equipped ship who knows where. Ironic really as I don't want to be a pirate. Saves grinding up to a cobra though.

I'm currently sitting outside a pub with a very loud screeching birthday party (2-3 yr olds) which my severe headache won't cope with. Damn neurosurgery!

Hopefully I'll get to check out where I am soon.

Thank crap for iPads and tethered hotspots!

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:36 pm

I started way out, to south of the galaxy map, 200 LY away from SOL. Can`t remember what it was called. I started as a Federal Trader, but why it put me where I was I have no idea.

I`ve lost connection twice already. I can`t get back into the game now, because its telling me it can`t find the save file. I have to contact support. Here we flipping go.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Neillm wrote:My backer level gives me a pirate equipped ship who knows where. Ironic really as I don't want to be a pirate. Saves grinding up to a cobra though.

I'm currently sitting outside a pub with a very loud screeching birthday party (2-3 yr olds) which my severe headache won't cope with. Damn neurosurgery!

Hopefully I'll get to check out where I am soon.

Thank crap for iPads and tethered hotspots!

if, when you login for the first time your starter option isn't available send in a ticket - its being sorted out on a case by case basis.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 pm

AndyB wrote:
Neillm wrote:if, when you login for the first time your starter option isn't available send in a ticket - its being sorted out on a case by case basis.

Cheers for the tip, Andy.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Chemaku: Tokubei Ring. An excellent idea to distribute players on new starts: unlikely that there will be anyone sitting in wait for newcomers.
Upgrade was fairly easy, but very difficult getting into the servers to play. Spent the first five minutes wondering what my 100cr could be used for when I realised that courier fees seem to have been inflated slightly, so spent a quick hour building up to 10k - including system scans and a little trading. Three attempted interdictions on one hop - probably that easy no-shields eagle that seems to be there to get you fighting with a relatively easy victory to lull you into a false sense of security.
I've been kicked off the servers again and reconnection seems problematic.
Graphics seem sharper (but that may be my imagination: when I first upgraded to a Hauler I was convinced I also got that 'new car' smell).
Cockpit speech is still too quiet even with the control panel volume up full.
I'm hoping to come across an Orbis Starport. Last night on 3.91 i was being randomly relocated, both inside and outside - a very interesting experience while trying to post yourself or drop onto a pad!

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:31 pm

I`ve managed to get back on, however I`m still getting random drop outs and then losing my save again. Leaving it for a few minutes after loggin out and then logging back in seems to help me get back online.

I`ve just had a new fibre optic connection installed two days ago, so I`m putting it down to that. Its shit. Its the same speed as my old ADSL broadband at the moment. I`m going to wait a week or so before complaining because they are optimizing my line.

The game looks and feels better. I`m trying to make my way to SOL, to see whats there. Incidentally, I noticed that I have an eagle parked at another star 233 LY away. Bit pointless really, as it`ll take me until next week to get there.

I keep getting kicked off with a server error everytime I manage to log in. What a pain in the Asp.

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Postby Artie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:41 pm

They seems to be restarting servers pretty often. As gold rule says - no play on patch day. ;)
In any case, I am starting in Cosi, it seems that starting locations are not so random as I thought, probably more depending on backer tier, etc.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Yep. Servers are down. Lots of complaining on the main forums.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Even the official forum was down not long ago! Or more exactly, it just gave a message saying it was overloaded.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “General Discussion”