Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

It's official - I am stupid!

Postby Jeffers2112 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:44 am

So I'm way out on an exploration trip.
I feel like a bit of a change so I decide to land and have a drive around, see what I cam find on a metal-rich world I'd come across.
So I land and when I try to deploy my SRV the option is in red and won't select.
So I wonder if it's something to do with the terrain and I decide to try a different landing site.
I fly a few clicks further and try to land again, but I misjudged my vertical velocity and smack into the ground!
Shields offline and hull down to 74%......
After landing again (very carefully, after the shields were back online) I check to see if any other damage has been done.
At this point I notice that my vehicle hanger power is offline.... I had forgotten that I had switched it off while I was flying around.
And just to cap it all, when I do take the SRV out, all I find is Iron & Nickel, none of the interesting stuff for FSD boost.
I think that it's time that I went home for a rest.....

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: It's official - I am stupid!

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:21 am

And here I thought you had bought the hangar, but forgotten the buggy :P

And yes, with 2.1 the hangar needs to be powered, it didn't before 2.1 though.

Sry, about the crash :\

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Reo Creed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Reo Creed

Postby Reo Creed » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Look in the data base and choose the planets that "might" have the right stuff.

You can dnld the data base on the following site:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/248275-Engineering-Database-And-Calculator-Engineers-Update

I noticed our amount of stuff we can accumulate when up to 1000. That's nice!

Watch out for drop offs..

Reo

cmad1977
Harmless
Harmless

Postby cmad1977 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm not the only one with the 'officially stupid' button?? Yay!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:02 pm

You are not alone there...

Buy a shiny new Asp for exploration, of course in an LYR-exploited system to get the 15% discount. Long planning session on coriolis "Yup, that will work".

Forget to enter all the big ticket items when searching in eddb.io, and end up with a system where you get the discounted Asp and most but not all of the modules you wanted. Make some spur-of-the-moment choices for replacement levels.

"No problem, I will just fly over to ... (more eddb.io searches) ah, there ... to get the missing stuff".

Check route, single jump, select launch, and wonder why your thrusters do not work.

"Ah, that must surely be that old bug, seems FD did not fix it in 2.1 as they claimed. Time to use the known work-around and un-dock via main menu".

Log out, log back in, re-spawn in space....

"Warning, power plant capacity exceeded, modules disabled."
"Warning, thrusters offline, no motive power."
"Warning, life support offline, 7:30 min Emergency Oxygen left."

I did manage to disable enough modules to recover before I started cursing.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall

Postby Jeffers2112 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 am

I've done another one....
Looking for alien crash site in HIP 17862, it's nowhere to be found. Checked and double checked co-ordinates, I'm where it should be. Get out the SRV and drive around, still no sign.
Then I noticed that I've landed on the wrong body - HIP 17862 6 C, not HIP 17862 6 C A , facepalm moment.
So I take off and attempt to go to the other moon, it's then that I notice that they are apparently orbiting amazingly close together. So much so that it's easy to end up on the wrong one. Anyway, that's my excuse......
Did finally get down in the correct place, quite amazing!

Zeek
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zeeks

Postby Zeek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:49 pm

I was watching the playoff games this weekend half distracted from ED and managed to get my Type 7 pulled and blown up by a NPC pirate (no shields all cargo). While throwing up watching GB kick the winning field goal vs Dallas I accidentally did not buy back my ship. Quite a surprise when I respawned in a starter sidewinder. Fortunately I spawned in doc with a ship yard and purchased another, but not close to where I was running cargo missions for the Empire. Nice gut punch by ImpKeeper or whatever that damn NPC is named.

CMDR - Zeeks. Mobuis PVE
Last edited by Zeek on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:32 am

If/when we end up with the ability to hopefully colonize the stars, I wonder what the human limit on solo exploration will be. That is, I wonder what length of trip a corporation would allow? A week, 2, 4, 100? ElitePVE doing the research for the questions we've yet to ask.

I know after I had 10,000 LY left on the return from Jaques, with very little repair left and no SRV... well I was nearing my mental limit for that sort of trip. Turn, Scoop, Shoot the star, and Jump. Imagine that in real life, but made worse if you had to then actually go to sleep in dark space.

Qpidstunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Qpidstunt

Postby Qpidstunt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:46 am

Last night I flew back to civilised space to try out these sightseer passenger missions for some Explorer / Farseer rep. Fitted a first class cabin and picked up my first rich sightseer and friends with no issues then after switching out my 'Entrepid Explorer' hat to 'Coach Driver' hat, got underway.

After 'driving' them all around the system and completing the mission after an hour, I decided that before we left the surface of the last planet on her bucket list, we would top up with some refreshments and a nicotine hit.

5 minutes later I returned to the ship only to find it destroyed...

All I can think had happened was that planets have gravity, so parking several kilometers above the surface to pop out for a smoke might cause your ship to plummet to the surface and kill everyone on board... 'Stupid Button' now fitted as standard to my re-buy's :(

One good thing - at least I helped the sightseer complete her bucket list before I killed her and her friends :)

Dave Sewell
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Markev Tierson

Postby Dave Sewell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:52 am

I think the monopoly on stupid (for this week at least) goes to me...who entered a total of three stations in one session each time forgetting to request access! Had to do some very swift u-turns and pay some frosty fines. :-(

Return to “General Discussion”