Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Rune
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rune Sunfire
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Possible wipe after Gamma

Postby Rune » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Looks like there may be a wipe on the 16th Dec as well now: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61036

Elite Dangerous
‏@EliteDangerous
@leviamicky there may be a wipe at launch - we're discussing the possibilities at the moment.

I know we are testing and if it's needed then fair enough but kind of disappointed at the same time as I figured from Saturday the grind wasn't going to be for something temporary.

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Re: Possible wipe after Gamma

Postby Artie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Hmmm... it seems to be better to hold on to game launch. I do not want to play and loose everything when something bad happens, even they will now tell there will be no wipe at launch.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:32 pm

If they are going to wipe again it would benefit them to give us a whopping great amount of credits so we can test fly all the ships, weapons other equipment so it works. How can we bug test everything if we have to keep starting from scratch.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:57 pm

This isn't something real, is it? I remember from earlier communication that a wipe before official release was planned for ages.

For me, it's not something of a surprise and I act accordingly. I fly on ED now and then, and mostly only on some smaller trades just to fly around and hopefully meet someone along the way. I'm not doing heavy trading or missions to get a lot of money: I know I lose it on the next wipe. Still flying around in my good old Hauler ;)

Wipes are a necessary evil. It's not to annoy us but to keep the overall system healthy and unclouded with leftover garbage from earlier versions.

JonnyCombat
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Jonny Hewitt

Postby JonnyCombat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm playing under the assumption that there will be another wipe at release. Prepare for the worst case scenario so you won't be disappointed.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:23 am

JonnyCombat wrote:I'm playing under the assumption that there will be another wipe at release. Prepare for the worst case scenario so you won't be disappointed.

You can't prepare for the worst case scenario unless you got the credits to back it up. Its pointless playing the game as you would be doing at final release, so what do they expect us too. Giving us all a 500 million credits would have enabled us to test every module and ship for its code. Making sure that everything is Tickety boo like mun.

Gazzareth
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Gazzareth » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 am

Hoping there will be no wipe, but the muppets trying to back MB into a corner and get a definate answer NOW are certainly not helping...

G

Return to “General Discussion”