Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Golem
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Cmdr GolemXIV
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

2.1 - fun killer?

Postby Golem » Sun May 29, 2016 5:06 pm

So thats it? Another massive grind for materials? And the changes of the ai - why from one extreme to the other? First the too easy ai and now it is too hard! And i am no noob to the game! Imagine you start the game as a beginner in a sidey :shock:

Now i start to have problems to find the materials ... yeah, i got the list: http://inara.cz/galaxy-components
Since three days i visited uncounted uss and never found what i need. So i decided to kill a authory vessel - the material apeart but thre buddys of him jumped in and i had to run in my Phyton without time for picking up the stuff. Barely got away with 25% hull left :?

It shouldn´t be to easy, ok, but this is killing the fun and the game for me :x

Primeh
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Primeh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: 2.1 - fun killer?

Postby Primeh » Sun May 29, 2016 5:22 pm

they definitely need to tweak the ai a touch. I'm all for it being harder than it was before, but they seem to have taken it to the extreme. RES sites for bounty hunting are almost impossible now if you are aligned in powerplay, as being scanned by opposing faction wings within 5 minutes of entering the zone just makes for a quick exit of the zone.

Definitely needs tweaking, which is why I havent logged in for a few days other than to potter about.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Sun May 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Engineer part is tedious and after you've done all the work you still get some random result, what idiot thought that would be a good idea?

AI seem to have instant access to all the mods straight off even if you are a new player in a starter sidey.

Many are just going to walk away.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun May 29, 2016 9:21 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Engineer part is tedious and after you've done all the work you still get some random result, what idiot thought that would be a good idea?

Clearly not an engineer!

Things that work in this game, like wings and planetary landings, are just things that should be there - it's just taking them a while.

Things that don't work, like PP and E, are just crap they make up for us to do. They think it will be neat, but they don't put a lot of reasonable thought into it. If done correctly the could both be great additions. But done as poorly as they are, they are just something that I want to avoid. The problem is that it seems that I may eventually need some of these magical chemistry mods to compete, unless things get balanced again.
Last edited by Roger Wilco Jr on Sun May 29, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to give this another go.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sun May 29, 2016 10:01 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Engineer part is tedious and after you've done all the work you still get some random result, what idiot thought that would be a good idea?

It's how crafting works in a lot of games.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Mon May 30, 2016 3:32 am

I dunno, but I'm having fun.

So far, I have the Lvl 3 FSD range boost, Lvl 3 Engine dirty tune, Lvl 1 Power plant overcharge, and Lvl 1 boost on 2x SCB's. All were done by Farseer.

Don't forget to watch the missions for data/mats you need.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar

Postby anikaiful » Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

Golem wrote:So thats it? Another massive grind for materials? And the changes of the ai - why from one extreme to the other? First the too easy ai and now it is too hard! And i am no noob to the game! Imagine you start the game as a beginner in a sidey :shock:

Now i start to have problems to find the materials ... yeah, i got the list: http://inara.cz/galaxy-components
Since three days i visited uncounted uss and never found what i need. So i decided to kill a authory vessel - the material apeart but thre buddys of him jumped in and i had to run in my Phyton without time for picking up the stuff. Barely got away with 25% hull left :?

It shouldn´t be to easy, ok, but this is killing the fun and the game for me :x

*shrug* each to their own, I guess - I've not found the AI difficult (more challenging, yes, but nothing unbeatable so far). What comes to newbs, the AIs are supposed to spawn enemies according to one's combat rank, so newbs *should* be relatively "safe". Usage of brain is suggested when engaging anything, unlike before when you could simply AFK-win anything.

Component hunting is... well. If you don't make it your main priority, then it's tolerable as-is.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 am

I have no problem with the ai being better. I am not happy with my Vette now flying like a T9.

I just spent 10 mins turning on a Deadly FDL and got a wacking 400CR for killing it.
Is this fun or should I go iron my socks......

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Mon May 30, 2016 9:17 am

I was voicing concerns already from the early betas about what was going to happen with the overkill AI and whole tedious crafting/grinding system. I am very sad to see my fears being confirmed, including seeing people who already started to walk away from the game. Some idiot in FD is thinking we're playing Warcraft III in space. Sorry man, we're not. I don't wanna, so I stopped. My choice. Their money to lose.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon May 30, 2016 9:23 am

*Al* wrote:I have no problem with the ai being better. I am not happy with my Vette now flying like a T9.

I just spent 10 mins turning on a Deadly FDL and got a wacking 400CR for killing it.
Is this fun or should I go iron my socks......

The Vette hasn't changed, FDL NPCs now fly like an FDL should. I made over 2m RES hunting last night in the Vette for a total of 90K in repairs, this is the new norm.

A wanted FDL with a 400CR bounty has a friendly fire bounty on it, yep happens to NPCs as well, I check the value of the bounty before engaging, along with checking their load out.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”