Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
CMDR Reaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Reaper
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Meta-Alloys

Postby CMDR Reaper » Fri May 27, 2016 6:10 am

The Farseer engineer requires Meta-Alloys for us to be able to talk to them.

It seems that the barnacle sites dosen't spawn them atm.

Some people thinks its a bug, I think that we have to look somewhere else.

I think I will look for them in nearby wrecks, nearby systems, space wrecks. There is also reports that some barnacles is protected by turrets ect, but they don't drop meta-alloys, just normal materials (maybe there is a random chance that they do).

Have any of you seen them?

Serinea
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Serinea

Re: Meta-Alloys

Postby Serinea » Fri May 27, 2016 9:04 am

I found this myself after getting to the Pleiades nebula last night. This appears to be a way that ll the old barnacles are acting, one that i re-visited from before had the large pods, but instead of meta-alloys they gave me a unit of metals each, i can't remember which.

Checking reddit this morning there's a thread on the canonn subreddit suggesting that there are new barnacles out there, and i have read that there was mention in yesterday's livestream that there were more to be found (i didn't manage to watch the whole stream, will finish it tonight).

I'm currently at work, but i'm docked in Obsidian Orbital, so if i don't hear anything by the time i'm able to get back in my ship i'll follow this up.

Fly safe
Serinea

CMDR Reaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Reaper » Fri May 27, 2016 9:52 am

FD also confirmed now that the missing meta-alloys from barnacles it is not a bug, but by design: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3955572

Serinea
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Serinea » Fri May 27, 2016 10:25 am

Cheers, it's good that it's confirmed, i like the idea of the initial goods to get access to the engineers not being a simple thing to aquire, though hopefully it won't be too frustrating to find one.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri May 27, 2016 10:29 am

The question now is whether meta alloys come from just certain sites or has a random chance to spawn from a barnacle.

I would rather prefer the former since the latter will only be a case of shoot barnacle, Cycle instance and repeat until alloy is found...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Serinea
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Serinea » Fri May 27, 2016 11:06 am

From my reading of the frontier post, and other reddit reports, meta-alloys are just coming from new barnacles, and not from old ones, though i am starting to follow Canonn research threads now for more information.

The current Cannon research forum thread has a link to a google sheet with information on all known barnacle sites.

If you find anything that confirms or disproves anything i've said tghen please let em know.

Fly safe
Serinea

CMDR Reaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Reaper » Fri May 27, 2016 11:21 am

Seems that there is a bug after all
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3956159

Serinea
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Serinea » Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 am

ok that makes sense, so not all barnacles will have a developed "flower", some will have already been harvested when you get there, and a rare few will have a harvestable meta-alloy pod, or so it seems.

I guess this means taht something to do with updating the old barnacles went a little screwy, and i suspect tehy'll be fixed in reasonably short order as it does kind of lock off part of the 2.1 patch.

Will still search though.
Fly safe
Serinea

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Fri May 27, 2016 11:52 am

New word (for me) from MB in the other place
'Scumming' - what we know as relogging to get a better result has been taken into account it seems.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Serinea
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Serinea » Fri May 27, 2016 11:53 am

post from Michael Brooks here suggesting that as a stop gap measure they'll be making a market available with meta-alloys in the Maia system, Darnels Progress space port. This is on the planet that Obsidian Orbital orbits, i think it's Miai 3 1, but i'm not sure.

bets on which comes first, heads: the market will be seeded, or tails: the barnacles bug will be fixed? i'm hoping for both myself, so edge?

Return to “General Discussion”