Just a few general questions.

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Black Rose

Just a few general questions.

Postby Black Rose » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:00 pm

This will be my last post here.

I had wanted to resolve things in PMs but the people I send them to either don't get them or choose not to respond to me.

Now since the people I have sent PMs to have posted and logged in, it is safe to assume they see the "Private Messages (10) at the top of their screens.

See when I joined I thought getting a friend request was a big deal and actually thought it meant something. We all know that is not the case. People friend around here just like when you meet someone on the street and you say "hello, how are you" never expecting them to actually tell you how they are and if they do you zone out and not even hear them, so why ask if you don't care?

So I got a friend request from Schmobius in Game and I sent him a PM telling him how pleased I was that he friended me and and got no reply.

Then I stupidly logged into the Mobius TS expecting some communication and getting involved and I was made fun of how I sounded and literally laughed off the server. I made a point of sending JohnLuke a PM because it seemed he was a moderator or some such for the group and got no reply. Nothing, as in "I don't give a crap how they treated you, you're not important" Thank you, I get it.

I wanted to block PMs from a member that I hooked up with in The Division and it turned out bad and I didn't want to see any communications from him so I wanted to block him, oops there is no way to do that, ok I won't read the post, I'll just see it every time I log. Maybe I can delete it? Nope. Can't do that either.

So, I sent a PM to Mobius asking how to block someone or even delete messages and what a surprise, no reply. Now it is possible he hasn't seen it, I will give him that, but what are the excuses from Schmobius and JohnLuke? Not that I really care.

So instead of sending a PM, just get the idea from this post. Remove me from this forum and from your groups as I am as interested in you as you are in me.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Just a few general questions.

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Black Rose wrote:This will be my last post here..

I would hate to see you leave. :(

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience on the TS server, Black Rose. People should act like adults in our group and understand that we're all different and unique and we as individuals should not be made fun of.

I'm afraid that I never received your PM. I just looked through all of the PM's in my inbox all the way back to December 22nd, and I don't have anything from you. I am on the board 2-3 times a day (I use Tapatalk at work during breaks) and do my best to respond to all PM's in a timely manner. I don't know what black hole your message fell into, but I want you to know that I did not ignore a PM from you. Please resend the message to me and I'll do everything that I can to resolve your concern.

If you want to skip over the lowly moderators (like me) and send a message straight to the admins, just select that group to the right of "add recipients" box when creating a new PM, and click the "add" button below the 'add recipients' box. I'm not trying to be condescending by including these instructions, I just want to provide enough detail to ensure that your message gets through and your concerns are addressed.

I hope that you'll stick around and give us a chance to make things right.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mouse » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:16 pm

Hate to see you leave as well, but I understand your feelings that you need to. If I ever have an issue, which there has been a couple, I have always sent to admin group. I am sorry that you never got the response you felt you deserve.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:23 pm

Black Rose wrote:... Remove me from this forum and from your groups as I am as interested in you as you are in me.

Woah BR. Hold your horses! ;)
I'm really sorry to hear that comms (and the lack thereof) have been so disappointing. But you're talking about a group of over 20.000 players, and we all have different agendas for signing up to this group. How much time we invest, and how we behave varies a lot.

Personally, I have a couple of hundred commanders on my friends list, but I honestly don't expect any kind of comms from them. Sometimes I send someone a shoutout if I see a green icon on the galaxy map near by, but I don't always get a reply. It's cool.

I also send friend requests to all I "meet" in game, as I consider anyone in Mobius group a kindred spirit of sorts. Many ignore me. I hope they block me, because I keep sending requests at every new encounter, and I have no way of knowing whether it's someone I "spammed" before... :oops:

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't take this environment too seriously. It will only lead to disappointment. If on the other hand, you feel you have been a victim of abuse or unreasonable ridicule, you should definitely contact a moderator. This is supposed to be a "nice" community. Well if you ask me anyway...

Fly safe, and you come back now, ya hear. :)

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:57 am

Sorry to hear it - you've been very active around here is just a few short months.

Sometimes I really hate people due to the anonymity if the internet, twitter, teamspeak, and etc. Like playing ED in open, many people were great, but too many were griefers, haters, nasty, evil, and just plain foul. I keep thinking of going back into open, but who needs to deal with all the childish behavior? In the 15 months since I joined Mobius, I haven't had a negative experience.

I'd hate to think that maybe just a glitch in the PM system causes you to quit the board and the group. I remember the first PM I received here was a birthday wish. I replied. Then several months later, I found the PM was sitting in my outbox! I'm sure the guy thought I was an ass. Maybe S enjoyed your PM, but didn't think he had anything to say (assuming you didn't ask any direct questions). I have that problem at work, where almost nobody says thanks or even give updates unless you chase them down for a response. It only takes 5 seconds, but I'm still shocked when I receive an "unnecessary" response. Anyway, just my 2-cents. ;)
It's time to give this another go.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:13 pm

well the only pm I got was simply "How do I mute a member?. "

that means nothing what so ever to me, mute them from what?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi Black Rose,

I’d be sorry to see you leave to. I hate sexism and IMO being laughed out of Teamspeak, as you put it, is completely unacceptable. It’s a shame your PM to JohnLuke got lost, but I think I know how it happened. When you write a PM, the first click on the Send button often gives you a preview of the PM as it will be sent. I suppose you thought it was sent at that point when it actually wasn’t. As an admin, here, I want to extend the team’s sincere apologies for that and for the way you were treated.

Now if you change your mind and decide to stay, here’s how to “block” a user: click that user’s name to get on their profile page. There, you’ll see a “Add foe” link. Clicking that link would have the effect you were looking for.

In any case I wish you all the best.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

aaphebus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby aaphebus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Last edited by aaphebus on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Black Rose wrote:This will be my last post here...

Black Rose, I wanted to echo the sentiments of the others that have commented here, your experience in TS is unfortunate and wrong, but I would like to think is not a good representation of the group as a whole, and certainly not of this forum in particular.

As others have already identified, the issues with the PMs seem to be a case of either misunderstanding or process/system issues, and are not any indication of you being ignored, I can assure you that the Moderators here treat PMs and complaints very seriously and always try to act on them in a timely manner.

I have always found your contributions interesting, and would like to hope that you reconsider leaving the group.

If however your mind is made up, then I wish you well in you Elite endeavours, and please feel free to message me anytime should we bump into each other out in the black.

Fly safe Commander o7
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:01 am

Has anyone heard from them.. or have they even looked at our comments?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”