Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
duane656
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jackson Grey
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What's in a name?

Postby duane656 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 pm

The Jackson Grey name came about when I was playing Eve Online, just didn't want to have a single word name, rather a person's name. The Grey part is just the "correct" spelling of the word..........

Other games the names have been different, but tending to stick to old Celtic (p and q variations for those with a linguistic brain) names and figures. Not for any real reason - I just like them.

mgreenough
Harmless
Harmless

Postby mgreenough » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Mine is InbredSheepman, it come about at work in the early 2001 when some of us were playing Red Alert during work. We had 5 mins to come up with a daft gamertag and mine just stuck. I now have it as my xbox live and ps network gamertags, as well as my commander name in ED.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Icpmcp

Postby Icpmcp » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm

My name, which I use for all my games + google acc, is my face + my keyboard(literally) because I didn't have any idea what name I should choose in a game I played once. How my face chose this magical combination is beyond me but it may have been from me playing on my old tower pc with the power of a potato(and the speed of one)

FCB1891
Competent
Competent
CMDR: HeliosFCB

Postby FCB1891 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:01 am

Mine is derived from the Greek god of the sun. At the time he seemed like a chap I could relate to :D
FCB is my favorite football club (Bruges FC).

teufeldritch
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: teufeldritch
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby teufeldritch » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:57 am

teufel + eldritch = teufeldritch

devil in German + archaic English for very strange = devil strange

I'm a strange devil. >:P

Captain Havok
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: havok_1991

Postby Captain Havok » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:28 pm

My CMDR name comes from an age old nickname. I initially took it up after playing C&C Renegade, but then it turned out that I was a complete wildcard to most of the people that I knew. Once they heard about the nickname, it stuck. I like to use plays on Latin words for celestial bodies as well, such as Lunaia (a D&D druid) and her animal companion Solaire (a solid white wolf with eyes as bright and golden as the sun) or Norse names, usually the Gods/Demigods (eg: Odur) prize points to anyone who can tell me who Odur is and what significance his bride played (without Google) :twisted: ;)

Khali Nephtys
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Khali Nephtys

Postby Khali Nephtys » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Khali Nephtys is a deliberate miss spelling of the hindu goddess Kali, and the Egyptian goddess Nephthys. I've used the name for a long time now in many incarnations, but always the same character traits. Fierce, uncompromising, but also very loyal and dedicated, some might say single minded.

I think Khali was most well known in Eve Online, where I was part of the RP alliance Electus Matari, I think as a character she was often misunderstood, due to her bellicose and somewhat mercurial nature, Khali is a catalyst and not everyone appreciates that trait. ;)

I have played many other games, and usually have an incarnation of Khali in there somewhere, so if you have ever seen the name before, yes it was almost certainly yours truly! :D
"You can kiss my Asp!"

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Jack Dunhill wrote:Im from Finland btw, so this is going to be my excuse for my poor english (you should hear me try to speak english)... :lol:

Nothing wrong with your English Jack.

I have had my name from the very first onlien game I have played, which was Jumpgate a long time ago. It came about only because, the NetDevil website required IE6 to be installed and I didn't have it on my lowly pc at the time. And a work colleague who also played said he would register my account. Unfortunately he misspelt the name and Telengo was born. I have used it ever since, through World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Xbox Live and many other games.

The correct name was actually Tetengo, who was the A-Wing pilot from Return of the Jedi and expanded Star Wars Universe for those that read the books. :)

Redneck
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: thearmysredneck

Postby Redneck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 am

Easy, i am a redneck. Back in my enlisted days it was "thearmysredneck", im no longer enlisted but it sticks as most accounts are still active and makes keeping up with them easy. Purdy simple really...

aaphebus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby aaphebus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:28 pm

Last edited by aaphebus on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”