Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A couple of questions.....

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:20 am

In my stubbiness to get rid of My Viper because I used to love it.....Does anybody know where I can find upgraded thrusters ?

Also if you sell some equipment at a station does it remain at that station ?

My thinking is because the Viper has such a limited range and fuel cost is bloody stupid*.....I would like to jump into my hauler....Go get the upgrade....Sell it at my base station and then equip my viper with it.......

* This can be circumnavigated by logging out and logging back in to a full tank.... ;)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A couple of questions.....

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:46 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:In my stubbiness to get rid of My Viper because I used to love it.....Does anybody know where I can find upgraded thrusters ?

I got mine in G 180-18.

Also if you sell some equipment at a station does it remain at that station ?

I *think* it does, at least for a limited period of time, but don't quote me on it. The only time I tried to sell and buy something back was a shield generator in beta 2 that I wanted to move from one slot to another, and a bug prevented me from buying it again (or any other one, for that matter). Eventually I had to self destruct and the insurance restored the default one.

My thinking is because the Viper has such a limited range and fuel cost is bloody stupid*.....I would like to jump into my hauler....Go get the upgrade....Sell it at my base station and then equip my viper with it.......

This requires your base to sell thrusters for your Hauler, or the old thrusters from your Viper to be usable on your Hauler. I read the ability to buy and transport upgrades (as opposed to using them) is planned, but we don't have it yet.

* This can be circumnavigated by logging out and logging back in to a full tank.... ;)

Really? I found that when I refuel and log out in a station, the next time I log in, I have to refuel again. Does your trick work in space only?

Anyway, if you try your idea I'm interested to learn how it turns out, so please let us know.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:07 am

I most certainly will... I'll try it tonight......Thanks for the info.....

And the logging out thing......I used it 3 times last night whilst docked in station.....

Fuel was nearly exhausted and cost was nearly 2000......I logged out to main menu....Logged back in again and fuel was full......

I only discovered this because I was on a mission.....I had very little fuel left and was just about to land to refuel and I got disconnected from the server......I logged back in again and the fuel was full.....So I thought Hold On....I'll try that again....And it worked...........

Anyway back to real life.....Just gotta go shopping with the Mrs......I think I will be crying later.......

Mrs wants to look at new carpets.....New cooker......A new Bed.....A sofa bed and a couple of reclining chairs......

I wish I could use the log out, log in trick on my bank account.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:18 pm

If anybody in the UK had flash floods this afternoon.............

Sorry.....

It was me crying..............

Thank fuck for interest free credit is all I'll say..................

Guess what the only thing that got kicked off the list was......

Yep that would be the curved screen 55" 4K TV I was looking at........

*Mumbles*

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:....Guess what the only thing that got kicked off the list was......

Yep that would be the curved screen 55" 4K TV I was looking at........

Now that just plain ain't right...

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:21 am

Well that don't work.......

Upside is I now have a hauler that can turn faster than my Viper......LOL.....

Once in the Hauler I could not get out....The pound signs came up and a trader I became..........

A few of the missions I took tonight......

Last one was a doozy...........

Viper time tomorrow I think..........Will probably sell the hauler with the upgrades and buy a vanilla one for trading....And spend the money on the viper......

Have I mentioned I love this game.........

:D

Mr_Average
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Mr_Average
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mr_Average » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Why don't I ever see those 150KCr jobbies. :x

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Coz you aint a gentleman like Moi is...................

:)

Return to “General Discussion”