Total votes: 45

Brightside
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Brightside
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Preliminary interdiction poll

Postby Brightside » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Hehe, I think this poll is fairly conclusive.

BTW: Jingles posted a video on Interdiction today and it sums up both my opinions on PvP pirates (interDICTors) and why I haven't been playing on the Open Server.

Sniger
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sniger

Postby Sniger » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:56 pm

In my mind, interdiction is an act of agression/hostility.
sometimes I really consider a pirate career, just to blow those pesky police vipers to stardust - as the following tale from my early days in ED shows...
Blew a police eagle to bits for ruining an express cargo run - he deployed weapons and I shot first, only to realise it was a cop when I got hit with a wanted tag, only later did I figure out that ships have to deploy hardpoints to scan :oops:
(this was in a solo session)

so there was no doubt in my mind when voting interdicting a fellow player as PvP

grogan645
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: grogan645

Postby grogan645 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:24 pm

I have to agree about it being PvP. I got interdicted this weekend twice by non police. The first was a PvE pirate and I got a 750cr bounty. The second one I don't know. I got twitchy after the first one and immediately released weapons on leaving SC, I didn't see a message and considered it hostile and went in fighting and destroyed the other ship. I have to apologize if this was another player, but interdiction is a dangerous area. ESPECIALLY after playing in the open game where your lucky to make a jump without someone, or more likely a group of someones, blows you away without a word.
Sit Tight, hold the fort, keep the home fires burning, and if I'm not back by dawn... Call the President![

Epsilon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Epsilon Moonshade

Postby Epsilon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Interdiction is absolutely PvP. It is (as I stated elsewhere, or will have once my post is approved :D) a matter of not being able to opt out of it.

Aeryn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Aeryn

Postby Aeryn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:10 am

As I posted in another thread the odds of you being given a kill mission against another player (IMO) will be zero.

My reasoning is that the game can easily generate NPCs for you to kill but the game can't be sure that a particular player will be online or not and so far missions all have a time span - I think that's why we have the bounty system (amongst other reasons).

**Edit:
There is a thread in the DDF Archives talking about a transponder - the ability to advertise you as a human, and if you turn yours off everyone will see you as an NPC and them to you as NPCs. If In this scenario if you meet another "player" you won't necessarily know - what's the opinion of everyone here if FD implement that feature and you play with the transponder off ?

Epsilon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Epsilon Moonshade

Postby Epsilon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Aeryn wrote:...

There is a thread in the DDF Archives talking about a transponder - the ability to advertise you as a human, and if you turn yours off everyone will see you as an NPC and them to you as NPCs. If In this scenario if you meet another "player" you won't necessarily know - what's the opinion of everyone here if FD implement that feature and you play with the transponder off ?

I think I'm going to make another topic based on your edit rather than answering it here; it's a very interesting thought, though.

Return to “General Discussion”