Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Strayker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Meritus Strayker
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Corvette loadout thread

Postby Strayker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:52 pm

People, no love for dual A4 Plasma Accelerators???

I really love the level of judgement required in firing them, and those moments when those twinned orbs of incandescent fury slam into a fighter or a large ship's power plant and immediately incinerate it are so beautiful... so worth it...

... I'll be in my bunk.

C4's = 2x A4 Plasma Accelerator
C3 = turreted Beam
C2's = 2x gimballed Multi-cannon
C1's = 2x turreted Beam

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:10 am

Hello,

Lady Durga's current loadout.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim

Postby Deareim » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:23 am

When I see these 2 H hard points not used by C4 weapons, it is always make me sad... Hopefully it will change with 2.1/1.6..

Then Corvette will be worthy. And will read on forum "NERF".

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:30 am

Deareim wrote:When I see these 2 H hard points not used by C4 weapons, it is always make me sad...

Same here. Here's my current loadout.

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:50 am

Phillipus wrote:
Deareim wrote:When I see these 2 H hard points not used by C4 weapons, it is always make me sad...

Same here. Here's my current loadout.

Nice but with C4 beam or big guns they planned for 2.1/1.6, definitely a game changer for the Corvette even if the cost will be even higher !

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Deareim wrote:Nice but with C4 beam or big guns they planned for 2.1/1.6, definitely a game changer for the Corvette even if the cost will be even higher !

Yes, it should be interesting. However, some of the new C4 weapons are going to be limited by the ship's capacitor. Currently, two C3 beams on a Corvette or Anaconda with an 8A Distributor is about the limit I find. Two C4 beams is going to be very demanding. One C4 beam on the bottom of a FDL or Conda might be useful, though. I look forward to testing them. Having said that, FDev will aim for balance in all things - higher fire power at the cost of less firing duration and more power demands.

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Phillipus wrote:
Deareim wrote:Nice but with C4 beam or big guns they planned for 2.1/1.6, definitely a game changer for the Corvette even if the cost will be even higher !

Yes, it should be interesting. However, some of the new C4 weapons are going to be limited by the ship's capacitor. Currently, two C3 beams on a Corvette or Anaconda with an 8A Distributor is about the limit I find. Two C4 beams is going to be very demanding. One C4 beam on the bottom of a FDL or Conda might be useful, though. I look forward to testing them. Having said that, FDev will aim for balance in all things - higher fire power at the cost of less firing duration and more power demands.

Agree with you. That's why I won't be surprise to see new capacitor coming up at the same time. Or you'll do like on Annie, a mix of laser and MC.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:45 pm

I get a feeling the 'Engineers' part of the update will allow you tweak some of the core components for much more varied builds and better power output etc, going to be interesting to see what is planned.

Of course if it's like anything else of benefit - it will take loads of grinding to find all the materials or mission npc's for it :P

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:02 am

Phillipus wrote:

I've just started using the C4 PACs, replaced the C4 Canons and they are much better. I can actually hit targets with the PACs. Also, currently running 2 C1G beams. They seem to fire constantly with 3 pips to weapons and a drained cap. But the damage output does not seem too good.
The problem I'm currently having is the C3G Pulse at the front bottom. Can hardly manage to get it to fire on target unless the target is below or far from me. The thing that I found was that in CZs it takes forever to bring down the small fighters. The medium to large ships not much issue because of the PACs.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:12 am

Falcon_D wrote:I've just started using the C4 PACs, replaced the C4 Canons and they are much better. I can actually hit targets with the PACs. Also, currently running 2 C1G beams. They seem to fire constantly with 3 pips to weapons and a drained cap. But the damage output does not seem too good.
The problem I'm currently having is the C3G Pulse at the front bottom. Can hardly manage to get it to fire on target unless the target is below or far from me. The thing that I found was that in CZs it takes forever to bring down the small fighters. The medium to large ships not much issue because of the PACs.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

I sometimes use the C4 PAs. One configuration that works for me is:

H: 4A/F Plasma Accelerator
H: 4A/F Plasma Accelerator
L: 3C/G Beam Laser
M: 2F/G Multi-cannon
M: 2F/G Multi-cannon
S: 1E/G Beam Laser
S: 1E/G Beam Laser

The two small and one large gimballed beams are enough to strip shields and take care of smaller ships (although you do need to keep the target near the horizon for them to converge). The PAs can then be grouped with the MCs to blast the bigger ships.

Return to “General Discussion”