JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Comparison of Anaconda & Corvette

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:15 am

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Anaconda, and have it fitted out for a combat roll. Loving the ship, but am interested in the 'vette as well.

Now that Horizons has been out for a little while, I wanted to get some opinions of the Anaconda Vs. Corvette for RES and CZ use. If you've owned both in a combat configuration, what do you feel are the pros and cons of each ship?

Thanks in advance for your input!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Comparison of Anaconda & Corvette

Postby TorTorden » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 am

There are the obvious ones, I haven't flown a vette outside of beta but it is more manoeuvrable but it has pretty much half the jump range of the conda.

As for the new ships the vette is the one I have decided on myself so I am going to get in leu of my combat fitted anaconda that I hardly ever seem to use. I just end up flying a vulture or my fdl or my trusty 100t black ops python (got mil spec armor on it now)

As for the cutter, what's the point of having 400ms in boost if you crash and die every time you use it..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Memorize
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Memorize

Postby Memorize » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Conda = Exploration
Vette = Combat
Cutter = Trading

But with any more combat aligned ship you might run into power problems. Also I think some people are going with the Bio-Weave shield and stacking Hull Reinforcements for a Hull Tank.

SO far that's my understanding, tho I am no expert...

yet...

MUAUAHAHA

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Memorize wrote:Conda = Exploration
Vette = Combat
Cutter = Trading

But with any more combat aligned ship you might run into power problems. Also I think some people are going with the Bio-Weave shield and stacking Hull Reinforcements for a Hull Tank.

yet...

MUAUAHAHA

I'd agree on the Vette and the Cutter, but a combat rigged Conda is basically unstoppable (except maybe against the Vette now), and it's role as an explorer is not so 'cut and dry' now, yes you get a massive jump range, but landing one on an 8g world?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Memorize
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Memorize

Postby Memorize » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Memorize wrote:Conda = Exploration
Vette = Combat
Cutter = Trading

yet...

MUAUAHAHA

I'd agree on the Vette and the Cutter, but a combat rigged Conda is basically unstoppable (except maybe against the Vette now), and it's role as an explorer is not so 'cut and dry' now, yes you get a massive jump range, but landing one on an 8g world?

Oh I completely agree. The Multi-Purpose role of the Conda is what sets it apart. I only say exploration because it's the only ship of the three that can do it well.

Any of the three can be used to shred other ships into space pixels. The Conda can do that well.

To further add to the topic. The Conda fits the traditional role of shields and/or hull. Vette can hull tank well while the Cutter can use shields like no other of the three. I still like the power management best on the Conda.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:43 pm

With the Conda you can put more hull and still keep a very good jump range:

http://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/28A7 ... 0for%201.5

1527 of shields and almost 4000 armor

but it is problematic to turn so I got a Vette for battle and kept Anaconda for Trading (Till I rank up and can afford a Cutter if it happens and I do not reach Elite in trading by then) and Exploring (for which I have an Asp and prefer it because of the turn rate.

So the Vette:

Here is what I am thinking (did not buy SCBs yet but Victoria gave me a nice idea)

http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... leVette-II

2000 shields 2250 armor and 7A SCBs to create more shields. Still keeping a 13ly jump range.
And that baby can turn :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:40 am

Thanks for the tips and info guys!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:00 pm

A more rounded Corvette: http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... 20Corvette

KWS/Interdictor even a little cargo space for some missions or some things found on the surface.

Never lost shields on this yet.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:35 pm

VictoriaG wrote:A more rounded Corvette: http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... 20Corvette

KWS/Interdictor even a little cargo space for some missions or some things found on the surface.

Never lost shields on this yet.

For those of us mere mortals who are still trying to get enough money to even buy a bone-stock Anaconda... :cry:

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm

I traded my Conda in on a Vette a few days ago. :D

I **LOVE** the maneuverability of the Vette compared to the Conda, but hate the jump range. But... once I finally arrive in the RES, it's a beast. :evil:

So far I am finding that a full array of gimballed pulse lasers fits my combat style the best. It's a boring loadout, but quite effective. I learned that I can fly the Vette simillarly to how I fly my FDL. That means.... reasonably up close and personal wtih your target. In the Conda I felt the need to stay about 1.5 km away from the target, or more, to keep it in my sights once i start shooting due to the Conda's slow maneuverability. With the Vette, I now approach to inside of 1.0km and open fire. In most cases I have destroyed the shields and 25-40% of the hull of most pythons, clippers, and fed ships before my weapons capacitor is drained. That is due to using all pulse lasers and the Vette's ability to stay close to the target by using thrusters and FA off to match their moves. Initially I was sorely missing the 8th hardpoint from the Conda (and a large hardpoint, to boot) but the increased maneuverability makes up for it in my mind.

Here is my simple loadout, which is modestly priced.... for a Vette. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”