Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Bon voyage!

Postby evovi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:29 pm

So, my cobra and I have set off into the unknown, system scanned every system on the way out the bubble but didn't explore every body, now sat outside the bubble in solitude - first system im in has 2 stars orbiting a large m class! Little more diverse out here :) - so I then scanned a planet close to the main star and found I could land on it - currently parked up - when I get home I'm gonna explore the planet for some resources....

Couple of questions - :) I am safe to land on a planet and log off? Or just log off in space? And.... My srv fuel - how can I refuel it without using resources I've collected - does it auto refuel when it re-enters my ship? So next time I deploy it - it's ready to go?

Not done much in an srv so a lot is still new to me :)

Not sure how far I should venture in my cobra - will I hit a limit where I can't jump any more due to ship limits ? Or is it my patience is my limit ?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Bon voyage!

Postby Xebeth » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Firstly, good luck in your journey.

You are fine logging-off on planets (but worth being in your ship when you do, someone else found a possible bug when they logged-off in their SRV)
You can only refuel your SRV using synthesis now there are no stations
The Cobra is a pretty good explorer, but has it's limits, just be careful when you plot your routes to make sure you don't run out of fuel.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Xebeth wrote:Firstly, good luck in your journey.

You are fine logging-off on planets (but worth being in your ship when you do, someone else found a possible bug when they logged-off in their SRV)
You can only refuel your SRV using synthesis now there are no stations
The Cobra is a pretty good explorer, but has it's limits, just be careful when you plot your routes to make sure you don't run out of fuel.

So I need to gather me some resources quickly then lol, before I get too far out I'll gather my goodies - I've been fueling up at every scoopable star - but yes I take fully on board your running out of fuel statement ! I am worried about that lol - can I point out what difference a high class fuel scoop makes ! Wow fuels very quickly ! Not even rising above 80%. Heat it's that quick!

I have got a plan in mind for my destination - just hope I don't fall foul to a silly mistake :) which may I add, I'm very good at doing (silly mistakes)

Riboflavin
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Riboflavin

Postby Riboflavin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:42 pm

When you are more then 2k Ly away from the bubble, you could switch off the shields and weapons to get even less heat when fuel scooping. Just dont forget to switch them back on when coming back home.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Riboflavin wrote:When you are more then 2k Ly away from the bubble, you could switch off the shields and weapons to get even less heat when fuel scooping. Just dont forget to switch them back on when coming back home.

I used to turn off weapons, but I noticed that the energy use didn't drop. From my experiments it seems the weapons only consume power when deployed, otherwise they don't do anything :)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Noted about shields! Didn't equip any weapons, and I removed my heat sinks as per tors reply...

Oh one more thing.. Where are these data caches in deep space ? WSS?

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:36 pm

evovi wrote:...Not sure how far I should venture in my cobra - will I hit a limit where I can't jump any more due to ship limits ? Or is it my patience is my limit ?

At the risk of becoming boring, I went to the core and back in an eagle.

I bet the cobra is a brilliant entry-level explorer.

Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga

Postby Digga » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:48 am

evovi wrote:So I need to gather me some resources quickly then lol, before I get too far out I'll gather my goodies

Sulphur and Phosphorus should be easy to find but some planets don't have any at all, so if you not finding those materials after busting say 10 rocks and you're low on them, I would say move on.

My exploration rank of Ranger was gained thanks to a cobra, good ship for a first exploration run, have fun!

Krow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Krow

Postby Krow » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:13 am

I've logged off in a landed ship without any issue, but never from the Scarab.
★★★ Do you need help? ★ Or want to assist others? Don't hesitate to contact ARCHANGELS. ★★★
___________________________________________________________________________________

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Can I add an issue I came across last night!

I landed on a planet and deployed my srv, it wedged itself underneath the cobra wouldn't move any which way! With a huge reluctance I dismissed my ship, wondering it it would let me get back under it to board the ship...

Thankfully - where it landed I could make it back underneath - I thought my fate was sealed lol

Return to “General Discussion”